• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Loon-A-TiK

Loon-A-TiK

Is there no way out of the mind? - Sylvia Plath

• Pip
  • 4902 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:44 PM

as a "younger woman" (28 as of tomorrow), i've often wondered why older men (40+) date me and not women their own age. be honest now! are you just getting another motorcycle, what is the allure?
DX-BP1 w/psychotic symptoms, PTSD, ADD (Inattentive), and body dysmorphic disorder
Daily RX- WB 300mg, Lamictal 400mg, Abilify 20mg, Adderall XR 30mg, Inderal 10mgx2, Nuvaring
a multi-vitamin, hair/skin/nails vitamin, super 50-b complex vitamin, flax oil

prn- Zyprexa 10-20mg for emergencies

In memory of my dad, BP1 suicide. I love you and miss you!

EX RX- Seroquel, Risperdal, Geodon (master of all that is evil), Zyprexa (the good stuff), Zyprexa Zydis, Trazadon, Depakote, Lithium, Serzone, Paxil, Effexor, Lexapro, Haldol, Strattera, Topamax, Symmetrel, other old school ACs, and more I can't remember now

"Can a selfish egocentric jealous and unimaginative female write a damn thing worthwhile?" - Sylvia Plath

If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say it at all.

#2 rogerj1

rogerj1

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 12:59 AM

Younger women are less jaded than older women. Older men like the energy of younger women. Older men miss the youthful figures of younger women.
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.

Leonard Cohen

current diagnosis Inattentive ADD and depression. current meds, Vyvanse, Wellbutrin, Trazadone.

previous diagnosis BPII, which was a weird detour on the med parade. previous meds: Strattera, Geodon, Risperdal, various SSRI's, Lexapro, Cymbalta.

#3 Stasis

Stasis

Uncle Duke is up off the floor

• Pip
  • 791 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 12:05 PM

Motorcycles
AND
Younger Women?
A good
Combination.
Gonna stick
with Women,
Damned Bikes
Have had their
pounds of Flesh.

Although,
a good mid-seventies
Italian motorcycle,
A Guzzi
or a desmo-Ducati (Desmodromic,man)
a three-cylinder Laverda.
Drool,

Young women,
I Love to watch,
esp. the ones whose
Beauty is
Subtle.

Stasis,
I'm not getting dressed And you can't make me.

Edited by Stasis, 21 May 2007 - 12:32 AM.

Never turn your back on Nature,
She is a cruel,demanding Bitch

#4 crazycuda

crazycuda

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 01:15 PM

When I hit the dating secne in the mid 80's I always dated older women but none of them were over 28. At 17 I was dating a 24 year old for 6 months and I broke it off. Now im 35 and I still check out the ladies min their mid/late 20's. I have alot of older feamale friends 40's- late 50's. Some of them are really hot looking laidies but could I have a relationship with them beyond friends NO. I personally think most guys have a hard time from 35-45 because you just cant grasp your age (I know I can't) one day your 25 then bam your 40. I know for me if I see an hot bodied 18-22 year old it will get my atention but thats it I automatically go man she is still a baby, followed by where were those bodies when I was 18. LOL
I also know for me my mom was in her 40 when she had me so growing up (mom in her late 40's early 50's ) All women in that age group were mother/parent figures
PA's, Agoraphobia, White coat phobia, over stresses, under sexed (lol)
>25mg clonazepam once a day (for now)

#5 Unregistered

Unregistered

Shouting at the monkeys in the next tree

• Pip
  • 668 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 04:12 AM

Agree with Crazycuda. One day you're mid/late 20's, then Bam! you're a middle aged fart. Look around and you wonder ho wso many women your age seem to have let themsleves go (don't look in the mirror too close, though).

Turning the question around: Loon, why do younger women go for older men?
Officially no longer Mixed Bipolar NOS. However, I do still have AP/D, and Alice In Wonderland Syndrome (OK, OK, so it's migraine without the headache, and really rather funky). Oh and I also have synesthesia. And most likely Alexithymia, but that's another story.

[link=http://alexithymiadepot.blogspot.com/" target="_blank]Alexithymia![/link]

Rx: Surmontil 50mg (terminal insomnia)
Previous Rx's: Lamictal 200mg, Zyprexa 10mg, Xanax .25mg prn, Elavil 50mg, Imovane 5mg, Prozac 20mg, Cipramil 10mg, Cipramil 20mg, Cipralex 10mg, Cipralex 5mg (not all at the same time, obviously).

Posted Image

#6 SunshineOutside

SunshineOutside

Sunshine Outside

• Pip
  • 951 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:24 AM

For the first time, I'm dating a much older man. I think it is mostly because of who we are rather than the age difference.
Meds revised 11/5/2009

Bipolar II,GAD,SA

Current: Lamictal 300mg, Lorazepam 1-1/2 per day. Amantadine, Trazadone 150mg, P, Abilify 7.5mg, Luvox 50Mg, Prozac 40mg.

#7 Bumble

Bumble

I wish they hadn't told me that I cannot really fly

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 02:30 AM

as a "younger woman" (28 as of tomorrow), i've often wondered why older men (40+) date me and not women their own age. be honest now! are you just getting another motorcycle, what is the allure?

Okay, I know you want to hear from guys here, but I'm going to butt in anyway (44 year old women love to talk about this shit).

I think that alot of people in their forties and fifties find people in their late 20's to mid 30's very attractive. For many people 30-ish is a time when you've gained life-experience and have a sense of self, but still have your youthful health, energy and physical attractiveness. Y'all can carry on an intelligent conversation and also still have shiny hair, caressable skin and grabable asses. It's ideal!

What I think is funny, though, my observation is that the older men would really enjoy having a relationship of some length with a younger women, but my forty-something women friends are definitely only looking for a week or two max with a younger guy.

It supports the whole cave-man theory, with men wanting younger women, both for sex and status. It's amazing how extremely impressed some guys are by a middle-aged peer who can 'get' an intelligent and attractive younger woman to be his girlfriend. In the reverse scenario, I've found that women may be jealous of their peer, but not necessarity 'impressed' by her ability to get with a younger guy.

But of course, generalizations aren't worth a damn (including this one).

I must say, though, that until last year I only found men my age or older attractive, but lately I have been appreciating the beauty of some of those volley ball players I see down at the beach ;) .

-- B

edited to add my perv for volley ball players.

Edited by Bumble, 20 October 2007 - 02:45 AM.

and a rock feels no pain. . . and an island, never cries.

Current dx: MDD, ADD (w/o H), Social Anxiety Disorder, mild OCD (some amusing stuff, actually)
Current rx: Lexapro 300mg, PRN Klonopin  .5mg,  Adderall XR 30mg x2

Past dx: I fired Dr Evil so I'm not BP anymore!

Past rx: Prozac, Adderall, Wellbutrin, Cymbalta (yuk), Lamictal(evil), Ritalin

Female, 49 years old.

#8 december_brigette

december_brigette

• Pip
  • 2567 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 04:35 AM

hi,

im in my 30's and could certainly take a man for a week. preferably a 22 yo with a nice ass. ;)

like he's gonna wanna do a fat baby-ized woman. but i can dream.

db

dx: bipolar 1, anxiety, and a little ptsd

current meds:
cymbalta 90mgs
depakote 1250 mg
prazosin 1 mg
seroquel 50 mg
xanax 2.50 mg

other meds ive tried: abilify, ambien, effexor xr, lamictal, lexapro, lithium, lunesta, paxil, provigil, tegretol, trazodone, wellbutrin, zoloft.

"I mixed Benadryl and Tegretol one time. Spent three days guessing weight at the Iowa State Fair. Got crabs, and a tattoo, of a crab," Andy on "weeds."

#9 r.mcmurphy

r.mcmurphy

• Pip
  • 797 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 01:23 PM

first wave boomer/geezer! totally impossible to gauge age of others +/- 15 yrs. all old ass white people look the same. have avoided shaving in front of mirror since my shit turned grey or fell out. some pug ugly image there.
can appreciate the beauty that young women have going on. have no symmetry or what ever defines good looks. rather physically busted up. goes without saying that brains are right in line.
it has remained a conundrum and a source of joy; that there have been some beauty women in my life. give the ugly mutt some!
plenty meds, drugs and mental troubles in the past 40 years. no end in sight for depression.

eat a fish!

#10 SunshineOutside

SunshineOutside

Sunshine Outside

• Pip
  • 951 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 03:25 PM

Hello friend,

You've got me laughing so hard!!! Oh my God! It feels so GOOD to laugh and experience joy!.
Meds revised 11/5/2009

Bipolar II,GAD,SA

Current: Lamictal 300mg, Lorazepam 1-1/2 per day. Amantadine, Trazadone 150mg, P, Abilify 7.5mg, Luvox 50Mg, Prozac 40mg.

#11 N&P

N&P

• Pip
  • 260 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:05 PM

My husband is 44 and I'll be 29 next month.

We met a month past my 19th birthday and he was 34. Age has never really meant anything to us. I was especially mature for a 19yr. old and he still felt like an early 20something. He still feels like he's in his 20s. Sometimes I feel older than him!

I think being less jaded and a bit more naive at that age may have been part of the appeal. He never dated anyone younger at the time. He still makes fun of me for the naive things I said at that age. Now he asks "When did you get so jaded?"
We have fun with the age difference now...I still look 19 and I once called him "Dad" at a store checkout. If I complain about his driving, he reminds me that he was driving before I was born. ;)
Bipolar II rapid cycling, usually mixed, with SAD pattern
Meds: Seroquel 25mg TID (for now) Topamax 200mg, Effexor 150mg, Abilify 7.5mg, Trazodone 50mg

Medical hx: Fibromyalgia, asthma, migraines, autoimmune d/o NOS (til they figure it out) and h/o Lyme disease.
Rx: hydrocodone, PRNs for migraines, medicinal marijuana for pain PRN

#12 blackbird

blackbird

For all that I found there...

• Pip
  • 1198 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:58 AM

Get this! I have dated a man who is 71 and I am 30! He has sons who are old enough to be my father!

blackbird
I STAND ALONE

DX: Schizoaffective (bipolar type - ultra rapid cycling with major paranoid refractory psychosis), Borderline Personality Disorder, OCD, Anorexia Nervosa, Alcohol Dependence (in recovery 26/12/09)

RX: 50mg Risperdal Consta Injection x once per fortnight (equivalent to 6mg a day), 600mg Lithium, 60mgs Prozac, 5mgs Diazepam x 3 a day, 7.5mg Zopiclone

"For years one has to put up with the feeling that people do not care, really care, about one; then one day with growing alarm, one realises that it is God who does not care: and merely that he does not care, he does not care one way or the other"

Lawrence Durrell, "The Alexandria Quartet"

Driven to distraction by the utter lack of tenderness in this world

#13 Guest_Vapourware_*

Guest_Vapourware_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:57 PM

There's also a significant age difference between my partner (older male) and I (younger female) ;) Smaller than your gap, Blackbird, but still big enough to raise some eyebrows.

What drew us together was more personality and shared common interests, than anything else. If you'd said to me a few years ago that my partner would be a middle-aged, balding man, I would've laughed in incongruity. I would've said that it would never happen - but it did. If you'd told him that he would be dating someone younger, he probably would have reacted in the same way as I would.

I guess what happened with me was I found that personality matters A LOT MORE than looks, money or status. All of those can fade but someone's personality remains. My partner also doesn't act his age and it's partly due to his outlook in life. Him and I have the same views on many issues. We have our differences as well but we're sensible enough to agree to disagree.

Besides...I knew it was love when I did some crazy things to him but he still forgave me :)

Edited by grrl_away, 07 April 2009 - 10:59 PM.

#14 lottacrazy

lottacrazy

Here but not really

• Pip
  • 571 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:19 AM

I think the other question here is why do younger girls date older men?

I know the in my past I have only dated older men, at leat 5 years older than me, my so now is 10 years older, I dont think I ever really dated some one my age. (I never really thought about that till now)
I dated a guy when I turned 18 who was 30, he partied way too much ended up crashing his eagle talon at 60 mph in to a wall divider at the entrance of a tunnel.

Men like younger women, it makes them feel young (I am talking about the single not serious guys not any of your SO's) they like eye candy as well, the girl is their trophy, in their head they're thinking, I may be going through a mid life crisis but look at the girls I can still get ;)
DX: BP1, OCD, PTSD Possible ADD

Present RX: Paxil 15mg, Depakote 750mg, Ativan .5mg
Past RX: Paxil, Zoloft, Serzone, Depakote, Respirdol, Adivan

#15 meg

meg

• Pip
  • 790 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:43 AM

most guys my age (22 next month) are completely immature jerkfaces.

just total jackasses who haven't gotten over themselves enough to actually notice or appreciate another person's company or know enough about themselves to decide what direction they want to go let alone figure out what direction to go with someone else.

I'm really tired right now, and not all guys are like this-- I know that-- but it doesn't change the fact that a whole TON of them are. I made the mistake of dating down a year or so...not going there--GAH...but not a good move.

never again. most of my friends and I have decided to just date up in age-- guys take a LOT longer to get to the maturity level that they need in order to actually function in a relationship than most girls I know.

for better or for worse, trust me that I'm a helluva lot older than a guy exactly my age.

again, generalizations, tired, rambling generalizations, but no way in hell am I dating younger than me for a goooood loooooooong time and that's that. gah. perhaps will come back when slept and ADDmedded, hmm?

night,
m

warning: I often write novels vs. posts-- please skim if you need to, just don't get scared off by the quantity of babble!

• me: am 22 years old (feel about 90 sometimes), am a photographer (just finished my degree!) and makeup artist
  • dx: april'07: "mdd and adhd (inattentive)," mid'08: tack on "hyper-somnolence" (ie: meg sleeps too much)
  • mdd rx: wellbutrin xl 450mg, zoloft (sertraline) 150mg, lamictal 100mg
    • dec'07: depression is IN REMISSION. I don't believe it either! I <3 you, lamictal.
    • jan'09: just finished up my first year without depression, since, uh, 4th grade? I'm proof that stability can happen- please hang in there.
  • other rx: adderall xr 20mg in the am + 20mg regular later (for unexplained fatigue)
    • atenalol 25mg (beta-blocker for hand tremors that I get from lamictal)

"And when finally the bottom fell out
I became withdrawn,
The only thing I knew how to do
Was to keep on keepin'on like a bird that flew,
Tangled up in blue."

- Bob Dylan "Tangled up in Blue"

#16 JackBQuick

JackBQuick

WTF?!

• Pip
  • 468 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:18 AM

Bah. I'm coming into this late. And I have zero experience (dating younger women) beyond the obscenely rare moments when some under 35 gorgeous creature flirts with me in a checkout line.

I have this thing that age 23-25 is a woman's initial premium hotness age... this recurs at various times over and over again. My wife was unbelievably hot looking then, then again @28-32, then again @35-38, and recently @44. "hotness" too is more than physical appearance. First-look beauty is truly skin deep. Pure unmitigated hotness comes up from deep down. I dunno.

The trophy thing everyone talks about is actually pretty unusual. My single male friends who date "youngish" women aren't out for a trophy at all. They just want someone who knows who they are but still cares to give a damn about him. My mate basically said fuck off recently. It sucks. Especially because I still want her as much as ever but it ain't reciprocal. I hear a lot of women my age talk jaded about men and they've bugged out as a result. At lot of guys my age have hit the wall with their women. They still want to adore her but she's done. I don't get it.

A few years ago, when I was in college round deux, a twenty-something flirted the hell out of me for a whole semester. All it did was depress me because I knew it was merely play and nothing would or could ever come of it. It was the energy in her that was so appealing. It's tough to age, you get beat down a hell of a lot. Meanwhile at home, I had an angry bitter mate whom I still adored and felt stupid for feeling that way because she acts like I'm the worst guy on the planet ever--but refuses to get a divorce and won't say why.

Oh, and I had to sell my BMW1250RT to finish school & get my kid a shrink. It was a sweet "old fart's sport ride." I miss it. My mate however, is glad I got rid of that "damnable thing." Ugh.

Edited by JackBQuick, 28 November 2009 - 12:22 AM.

The Cosmic Thumbnail: BPII, Tourette's Syndrome, and most of the attendant craptastica...
RX: Lamictal (Brand Name due to weight gain on the generic) 150 mg. A buncha shit for pain, busted spine, shoulder, all that crap.

"You have to know your left from your right. You have to know what you're doing." Ken Wattanabe to me on a bad day in the dojo.

"No, not again, the line must be drawn here. This far, and no further!" Captain Jean Luc Picard, Star Trek: First Contact

#17 Anna

Anna

• Inmate
  • 4003 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:55 PM

My husband is 10 years older than me.

I find a lot of things really appealing about it, honestly. For one, he is pretty steady. He's had a lot of life experiences, and he's definitely calmed down a lot from his younger days. If I'd met him when he was younger, we probably wouldn't have gotten on so well.

We're different enough in age that he grew up in a different era than I did, and so I learn a lot about that time, which I think is cool. We have different life experiences and perspectives on things. Its fun to talk about, and to hear about. We tease each other a lot about age differences, and its just something that is fun to do.

I don't know if my being younger is always appealing to him, sometimes he gets frustrated at some of the things I do, and calls up his mom, who reminds him that I'm 10 years younger, and am going to see some things differently, etc. Not to mention being female.

I think he DOES enjoy the fact that he can "get" a younger woman, on some level, really. I mean, I think that's pretty normal, to an extent. Provided you actually like the chick, I'd think that having her be somewhat younger and hot would just be a bonus, really. He's also dated plenty of women his age, so I don't think it was the primary factor, but I think he likes the fact that given our age difference, I am always going to look younger than him, enough that people will notice...

Then again, I don't know how much our good relationship is just our personalities clicking, rather than the age difference. I've dated mostly men my own age, my husband is the only guy who really has been significantly older. I've definitely found it more pleasant than with a younger guy, but it may just be the fact that my husband really suits me down to the ground, personality wise. That's always possible.

I have found, however, that I really don't mind my husband's age difference in the slightest, and there are lots of things I like about it.

Anna
BP I, Most Recent Episode Depressed, like suicidally depressed.

Currently on: neurontin,. seroquel, tienaptine, NAC, lithium, temazepam, latuda, provigil, a bunch of health meds/supps to deal w/ s.e. of crazy meds. (metformin, armour thyroid, Vit B 12 shots, magnesium, the list goes on, sigh, I feel like an OLD person, heh). Yeah, i am on a lot of crazy meds.

Revenge Strategist Extraordinare since 2011... Yes, you may contact me for services/ideas.

#18 NailFlower

NailFlower

Being Sane Feels Good

• Pip
  • 595 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:29 PM

reproduction. at the heart of it, that's what it's all about. Older men tend to go for younger women because they give off signs of fertility. tight skin, glossy skin, thick/abundant hair and/or glossy hair, clear whites of the eyes, full/plump breasts and buttock/hip areas, tight skin and tight muscles. all signs of fertility. Older women, in contrast, everything about a woman 40+ pretty much indicates she is past childbearing years. Note I am not talking about emotional maturity, education, or financial security, I'm purely talking about the physical here. Women in their childbearing years give off certain physical signs that men of all ages respond too.

look at some older women many guys think are hot. They appear to be much younger.

edited to add: so even if a man does not want kids or is not consciously thinking about kids, he is going to be attracted to the person/people in whom it looks like his seed will take root and flower best. This is a primal level of attraction between the sexes.

Edited by earthgarden, 28 November 2009 - 01:34 PM.

Dx: SD, PTSD, anxiety
Rx: various meds
MI Acceptance 101
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the Red Queen
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place.
If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"

#19 olga

olga

Life is better when you bring home a furry pal

• Inmate
  • 9936 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:53 PM

I agree with earthgarden, but older men also like younger woman because they have no history with that young lady. She hasn't been with him through the years, watching while he got drunk at office parties, screwed up various relationships, fell out of the tree while building a tree house, shot the gun when he swore it wasn't loaded, etc etc. A woman of 45 or 50 or 60 who has been in a long-term relationship knows that guy inside and out, and sometimes he doesn't think that's such a good thing.

The younger woman sees him as a successful, distinguished man with a few gray hairs and lots of maturity. She's all wide-eyed, and doesn't know what it took to get him to this point. She laughs at all his jokes because she hasn't heard them a thousand times. He's relaxed and confident because he's not a 25 or 30-year-old guy, clawing his way to the top. He can also offer her financial security. (Well, Baboo and I had $600 total when we got married, but we were different).

Just sayin'....

olga (married to a guy 17 years her senior)

I'm bossy, opinionated, and over 60, so be prepared for advice if you post a question. However, I am not a medical professional, so please consult a doctor about your mental health issues and medications.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Forgiveness is a strange thing. It can sometimes be easier to forgive our enemies than our friends. It can be hardest of all to forgive people we love. Like all of life's important coping skills, the ability to forgive and the capacity to let go of resentments most likely take root very early in our lives.”
― Fred Rogers

#20 Stasis

Stasis

Uncle Duke is up off the floor

• Pip
  • 791 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:40 PM

The shoe on the other foot.going way back,
I always preferred older women,20-25 years older,
now I find the same age group still does it for me.
The young girls,nice to watch.
No substance,mostly,wot she gonna do,text,during sex?

I'm still a nose perv,The classic American button nose,
no,not interesting,It's difficult to explain,I'm not going to try.

Stasis

Never turn your back on Nature,
She is a cruel,demanding Bitch

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.