2 replies to this topic

#1 MellowYellow

MellowYellow

• Pip
  • 631 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:57 PM

Here's the URL:

http://amenclinics.c...s/add_test1.php

Where you surprised about any results you got?

#2 scarlet_faery

scarlet_faery

I want my innocence back ~ Emilie Autumn

• Pip
  • 471 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:07 AM

I figured they'd tell me I have ADD, but I'm just BP.  Oh well.
What is our mistress demanding?
The Truth
Well, I hate to break it to you.
Life
is complex
Fear
can be hard to wash off
Anger
can be heavy
but with french fries and cake,
The whole world may actually improve
To prove it
lean back
and let the domino effect begin.
Goodbye, Goth girl! ~ Emilie Autumn

"You are beautiful, no matter what they say, words can't bring you down..." ~ Christina Aguilera

"She's been everybody else's girl, maybe one day she'll be her own..." ~ Tori Amos

Im just a fucked up girl looking for her own piece of mind.  Dont assign me yours. ~ Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Posted Image

#3 sepia

sepia

lost and lovely

• Inmate Emeritus
  • Pip
  • 1528 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 12:19 PM

Every time I've taken the short test, the results have indicated a possibility of ADD (including just now).  On the long form test, things get more confusing.

I was initially surprised by the results I obtained the second time around, not expecting limbic system hyperactivity to show "highly probable," but it would make a good deal of sense.  Nonetheless, I am not putting too much stock in an online test.  It was part of why I began seriously considering ADD in the first place, in addition to further research and independent suggestions from my therapist and disabilities counselor.  An official diagnosis will have to wait until after my evaluation with neuropsychology. 

Even from trying to make sense of my quiz answers and results, I have some appreciation for the difficulty inherent in differentiating between ADD and BP.  How much effect do my present and recent moods have upon my responses?  This is some complicated, intertwined stuff.  Let me know if someone's figured out a way to tell the two apart.  ;)   I just know that my spaciness goes much further back than the cycling from BP. 

12/7/2004
Type Probability
ADD Combined Type Not Probable
ADD Inattentive Type Highly Probable
Cingulate System Hyperactivity Probable
Limbic System Hyperactivity Probable
Basal Ganglia Hyperactivity Probable
Temporal Lobe System Probable

4/24/2005
Type Probability
ADD Inattentive Type Highly Probable
Limbic System Hyperactivity Highly Probable
Basal Ganglia Hyperactivity May be possible
Temporal Lobe System May be possible

7/1/2005
Type  Probability 
ADD Inattentive Type   Highly Probable
Limbic System Hyperactivity Highly Probable
Basal Ganglia Hyperactivity Probable
Temporal Lobe System May be possible
If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. --Emily Dickinson

[link=http://xkcd.com/c150.html" target="_blank]we're all grown-ups here.[/link]

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.