Photo
- - - - -

Where do you buy/order your Omega Brite?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Dee

Dee

• Pip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:30 AM

My pdoc wants me on Omega Brite. I can't seem to find any health food stores in Toronto that carry it (called a gazillion places). So I am wondering, if anyone here takes Omega Brite, orders online and knows of good deals? If you are in Canada, even better. I don't want to get nailed with nasty duty charges, so I am hoping for a Canadian site.

I'm not looking for advice on other brands. I'm already taking one. I specifically want Omega Brite.

I found this place, but I'm not sure if it's shady. Comments?

http://www.canadadru...a...3&se=Google
"I may be dead, but I'm still pretty."~ Buffy

DX: BP1, GAD

RX: Trileptal 1350 mg, Topamax 100 mg, Lexapro 10 mg, Effexor 225 mg, Seroquel 150-200 mg, Clonazepam prn.

#2 LunaRufina

LunaRufina

Creating and embracing drama since 2004.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 4377 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 11:55 AM

I order specifically from omegabrite.com, the company's site.

It's cheaper than the site you are talking about and you save more by doing an automatic refill, where you can set up an account for them to send you however much you need every month. I am surprised that anywhere else sells it and I wasn't actually aware that the company distributed it at this point.

I would suggest buying direct from them- they ship all over the world.

...I don't know how it works out as far as the money though? I just realized I don't know how much the duty charges are.

"...what you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway.

People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
Help people anyway.

Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you have anyway.”

― Kent M. Keith, The Silent Revolution: Dynamic Leadership in the Student Council"

Midway

#3 Dee

Dee

• Pip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:49 PM

It's cheaper than the site you are talking about and you save more by doing an automatic refill, where you can set up an account for them to send you however much you need every month. I am surprised that anywhere else sells it and I wasn't actually aware that the company distributed it at this point.

...I don't know how it works out as far as the money though? I just realized I don't know how much the duty charges are.

Thanks Luna.

Maybe I will buy just 1 bottle, then see what kind of duty bill I get slapped with. Sometimes the duty is as much as what you are buying. Bastards. ;)

RX: Trileptal 1350 mg, Topamax 100 mg, Lexapro 10 mg, Effexor 225 mg, Seroquel 150-200 mg, Clonazepam prn.

#4 Tom

Tom

I may not look like it, but I am not stable

• Pip
  • 717 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 11:19 PM

Thanks Luna.

Maybe I will buy just 1 bottle, then see what kind of duty bill I get slapped with. Sometimes the duty is as much as what you are buying. Bastards. :)

Make sure you get it shipped by USPS not UPS. Big difference in duty. I've learned my lessons the hard way ;)

Tom
dx: anxiety and depression
current meds: Invega 3mg, Clonazepam 6mg, Inderal 40mg, Cipralex 20mg
previous meds: Paxil (did nothing except i wasn't able to achieve the big O), Zyban, Effexor, Celexa, Remeron, Xanax, Ativan, Neurontin, Zoloft (useless), Wellbutrin XL (a joke), Buspar (made me suicidal), Moclobemide (made anxiety worse), Nardil (crapshot. Didn't do anything good and made me faint from low BP), Zyprexa, Seroquel (nope, no sedation), Atenolol (didn't stop the shakes), Imipramine, Doxepin, Risperdal, Lamictal (made anxiety bad), Cymbalta (fail), Lyrica

Listen to my music! Some sad :( some happy :) some neutral :| Click here

#5 Dee

Dee

• Pip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 06:49 AM

Really? I didn't know that. Thanks Tom.

#6 Velvet Elvis

Velvet Elvis

The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering.

• Admin
  • 13124 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 04:39 PM

Neat stuff. It's the 7:1 EPA to DHA that he likes or the fact that you actually know how much you're taking?

De-gnosis: ADD, recurrent depression (or maybe bpII in the guise of such), Asperger's, OCD, social anxiety
Today's Pill Menu: Dexedrine, Wellbutrin (Budeprion), Strattera, Celexa, Risperdal, and clonazepam

Like other moderators and staff of crazyboards.org, I am not a health care professional. You have no way of knowing that I am not talking out my ass. Please do your own homework before making any health related decisions.

Buy me Stuff: Amazon Wishlist

#7 Dee

Dee

• Pip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:06 AM

Neat stuff. It's the 7:1 EPA to DHA that he likes or the fact that you actually know how much you're taking?

He did mention something about EPA, how the quantity isn't always right in some of the other brands as well as mercury being an issue in some.
He's a a big fan of Dr. Andrew Stoll and talked about the Harvard studies. Sounds like it's worth a shot to me, so I'm going to give it a try.

#8 Loon-A-TiK

Loon-A-TiK

Is there no way out of the mind? - Sylvia Plath

• Pip
  • 4902 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 05:18 PM

omega brite is probably either a fish oil or some kind of concoction and not a flax oil, right? i'm vegan and can only have flax. right now i take solgar.
DX-BP1 w/psychotic symptoms, PTSD, ADD (Inattentive), and body dysmorphic disorder
Daily RX- WB 300mg, Lamictal 400mg, Abilify 20mg, Adderall XR 30mg, Inderal 10mgx2, Nuvaring
a multi-vitamin, hair/skin/nails vitamin, super 50-b complex vitamin, flax oil

prn- Zyprexa 10-20mg for emergencies

In memory of my dad, BP1 suicide. I love you and miss you!

EX RX- Seroquel, Risperdal, Geodon (master of all that is evil), Zyprexa (the good stuff), Zyprexa Zydis, Trazadon, Depakote, Lithium, Serzone, Paxil, Effexor, Lexapro, Haldol, Strattera, Topamax, Symmetrel, other old school ACs, and more I can't remember now

"Can a selfish egocentric jealous and unimaginative female write a damn thing worthwhile?" - Sylvia Plath

If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say it at all.

#9 Dee

Dee

• Pip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:04 AM

omega brite is probably either a fish oil or some kind of concoction and not a flax oil, right? i'm vegan and can only have flax. right now i take solgar.

It's pharmaceutical grade Fish Oil concoction, developed at Harvard and used in studies by Dr. Andrew Stoll, which proved Omega fish oil to be a mood stabilizer.

http://www.omegabrite.com/index.html

I don't believe there is any real evidence for flax seed oil at this time, is there? Well, aside for general health benefits.

#10 koreanbaby

koreanbaby

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:40 PM

Dee or anyone from Toronto have you managed to find a place to buy OmegaBrite at a resonable price?

Thanks.

It's pharmaceutical grade Fish Oil concoction, developed at Harvard and used in studies by Dr. Andrew Stoll, which proved Omega fish oil to be a mood stabilizer.

http://www.omegabrite.com/index.html

I don't believe there is any real evidence for flax seed oil at this time, is there? Well, aside for general health benefits.

#11 Guest_Rob Gordon_*

Guest_Rob Gordon_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2009 - 05:36 AM

Dee or anyone from Toronto have you managed to find a place to buy OmegaBrite at a resonable price?

Thanks.

I just ordered OmegaBrite for the first time. I'm in the US, but I had just looked to see if there were other places to buy it and came across this page. As I was about to place my order I noticed a link on the order confirmation page of the omega brite website to place an order from their Canadian warehouse. So that option clearly exists on the omega brite website itself, if that helps anyone. I only saw it after putting all my info in and being on the confirmation page...there must be a link to that option elsewhere....but at worst you could do what I just did and order like normal til the confirmation stage and then follow that link.

Just wanted to try to help others out that may have ADHD or depression or whatever the case may be. The world needs more love and more helping others out!

#12 carrera

carrera

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:02 PM

You can buy OmegaBrite in some health food stores. If you want to shop online for another products, you can see here: canadian health pharmacy

Edited by carrera, 24 March 2014 - 04:02 PM.

#13 BlurredBoundaries

BlurredBoundaries

• Pip
  • 322 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:34 PM

This is my first time hearing about Omegabrite & I'm interested in it as well.I have been purchasing Omegavia from Amazon because I thought it contains the most epa.http://www.amazon.co...1&pi=SY200_QL40 There's also a only epa version.Do you guys think omegabrite would be a better option?

Eta-I just realized this thread is super old.Just Googled around and found out they are pretty comparable but omegabrite has smaller capsules.Thanks anyway everyone

Edited by BlurredBoundaries, 24 March 2014 - 06:22 PM.

BPD
Bipolar ll in remission

#14 Velvet Elvis

Velvet Elvis

The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering.

• Admin
  • 13124 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:22 PM

This is my first time hearing about Omegabrite & I'm interested in it as well.I have been purchasing Omegavia from Amazon because I thought it contains the most epa.http://www.amazon.co...1&pi=SY200_QL40 There's also a only epa version.Do you guys think omegabrite would be a better option?

I'm not familiar with the version you're taking.

I take this personally: http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B000FFQATA/

I've never taken OmegaBrite.

Nordic Naturals is another good one.

De-gnosis: ADD, recurrent depression (or maybe bpII in the guise of such), Asperger's, OCD, social anxiety
Today's Pill Menu: Dexedrine, Wellbutrin (Budeprion), Strattera, Celexa, Risperdal, and clonazepam

Like other moderators and staff of crazyboards.org, I am not a health care professional. You have no way of knowing that I am not talking out my ass. Please do your own homework before making any health related decisions.

Buy me Stuff: Amazon Wishlist

#15 tamagotchi

tamagotchi

imitation of life

• Pip
  • 672 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:20 PM

VE, I like the idea of getting the omega-3 in a liquid.  But I notice the Coromega has more DHA in it than the others mentioned here.  Do you think it matters?

dx: bipolar, etc.

rx: lamictal, wellbutrin, camrese, ativan, midrin

(abilify, buspar, concerta, fioricet, focalin, imitrex, intuniv, lithium, propranolol, provigil, prozac, ritalin, strattera, trileptal, valium, vivelle, zyprexa)

#16 BlurredBoundaries

BlurredBoundaries

• Pip
  • 322 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:20 PM

Thanks VE!
I was editing just as your reply came in.I checked it out and those look interesting due to them probably absorbing more efficiently but it doesn't say how much epa & dha.

Thanks for sharing
BPD
Bipolar ll in remission

#17 tamagotchi

tamagotchi

imitation of life

• Pip
  • 672 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

The coromega label says EPA 350 / DHA 230 (at least the picture of the label on amazon says that)

dx: bipolar, etc.

rx: lamictal, wellbutrin, camrese, ativan, midrin

(abilify, buspar, concerta, fioricet, focalin, imitrex, intuniv, lithium, propranolol, provigil, prozac, ritalin, strattera, trileptal, valium, vivelle, zyprexa)

#18 BlurredBoundaries

BlurredBoundaries

• Pip
  • 322 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:25 PM

Oh yeah!
Thanks tamagotchi!!!
BPD
Bipolar ll in remission

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.