#1 zoozoo

zoozoo

off my rocker

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 02:20 AM

Hi, wondering if anyone has taken zyprexa and prozac together, and if
so what was your experience with it (also what dosages). I'm hesistant
to try them together so any input would be most helpful.  ;)

Thx
zoozoo

#2 username

username

• Pip
  • 425 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 04:16 AM

I haven't tried them together, but it sounds like a hell of a combination for depression.  I tried prozac and risperidone, and that worked wonders.  I had to stop taking the prozac however and I went back to Zolofte which was not as good for me.  I am now on Effexor + seroquel.

#3 Douglas

Douglas

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:05 AM

Symbyax is a combination of Zyprexa and Prozac. It's indicated for bipolar depression. I took it and it didn't do anything for me, but I'm treatment-resistant.

#4 myevilme

myevilme

• Pip
  • 205 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 01:09 PM

I took symbyax for a little over a week and it started to make me manic. I'm bipolar, and really sensitive to SSRI's though. There wasn't enough zyprexa in the mix to totally squash mania. Anyway, I'm sure it has worked wonderfully for other people. YMMV
Psych Diagnoses: Bipolar (never asked which flavor, just give me something to fix it!) GAD & Panic Disorder (don't know why they put both down on my charts, feels the same to me)

Other Problems:
HIV+

invega 9mg (formerly 800mg seroquel)
1200 Neurontin
45 remeron
3mg klonopin

HIV Meds:
Lexiva, Epzicom, Norvir

#5 Chrissilu

Chrissilu

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 10:40 PM

I have been taking Symbyax (combo of 6 mg zyprexa and 25mg of prozac) for about 4 weeks. It knocked out my bipolar depression within a week. I feel much better on this med than I have ever felt. I could never take anti depressants either so I am amazed that I can take 25mg of prozac. Anyway, good luck. This works for me, although I am a little scared of the diabetes connection and weight gain. So far I have only gained a couple pounds.
Chris

Hi, wondering if anyone has taken zyprexa and prozac together, and if
so what was your experience with it (also what dosages). I'm hesistant
to try them together so any input would be most helpful.  ;)

Thx
zoozoo

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#6 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2005 - 02:05 PM

It's just made me fat and numb. It worked at first, as I was down deep in the black hole but now, just fat and numb.

#7 kittydoesbanal

kittydoesbanal

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 02:07 PM

The above was me. Grr.

#8 chimpmaster

chimpmaster

Hairpants for hairpants :)

• Inmate
  • 1266 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 02:52 PM

Yes its certainly a common combo. Symbyax is a drug developed which has both prozac and zyprexa in the one pill.  Usually its better to take the two separately as you have wider dosage options.

In comparison, I am on paxil and seroquel, which is a similar combination.  I find it very useful.

Dx : Schizophrenia, paranoid type with panic attacks. Obsessive Compulsive Personality Trait, epilepsy

Rx : 300mg Clozapine, 1500mg Keppera, 60mg Prozac, 160mg Zeldox, 4mg Reboxetine, 3 oxazepam morning and lunch, 3 in the evening
Ex Rx: Luvox, Paxil, Risperdel, Xanax, Seroquel, Abilify, Zyprexa, Tolvon, Mirtazapine, diazepam.

#9 zoozoo

zoozoo

off my rocker

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:36 AM

Thx everyone for their comments. I tried the prozac + zyprexa and it caused me to have anxiety issues, so pdoc switched me to prozac + celexa and that was 10x worse for anxiety, so stopped that as well. pdoc says no more SSRIs for me  ;)

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.