- - - - -

Max klonopin dose?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_spiderman_*

Guest_spiderman_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:37 PM

hey all, wondering what the max dose of klonopin is per day and how much is the max at night for sleep issues due to anxiety?

take 3mg a day now, .5 mid morning sometimes and .5mg mid afternoon sometimes, then 2mg at bed sometimes. or I take like .5 during the day or maybe .5 2x per day with .5 at night and 10mg of ambien.

I try to alternate a bit so i am not heavy on the k all the time or ambien.

tonight though i took a long nap now stuck up and trying to get to sleep

took 2x .5mg today, once in the morning and once in the mid afternoon, then .5 around 10pm, 1.5 around 11pm and then .5 around 12:30, getting tired but is that to much?
anyone know the recommended doseage?

#2 Tom

Tom

I may not look like it, but I am not stable

• Pip
  • 717 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 12:10 AM

hey all, wondering what the max dose of klonopin is per day and how much is the max at night for sleep issues due to anxiety?

take 3mg a day now, .5 mid morning sometimes and .5mg mid afternoon sometimes, then 2mg at bed sometimes. or I take like .5 during the day or maybe .5 2x per day with .5 at night and 10mg of ambien.

I try to alternate a bit so i am not heavy on the k all the time or ambien.

tonight though i took a long nap now stuck up and trying to get to sleep

took 2x .5mg today, once in the morning and once in the mid afternoon, then .5 around 10pm, 1.5 around 11pm and then .5 around 12:30, getting tired but is that to much?
anyone know the recommended doseage?

Hey,

I've taken as much as 8mg in a day without any side effects but i do NOT recommend that. I used to take 6mg/day split into 3 doses. I'm down to 5mg/day because my doctor wants me to reduce it slowly.

FYI, the maximum safest dose is 20mg/day but that's used to treat seizure disorders. You would never take that much for anxiety.

Tom
dx: anxiety and depression
current meds: Invega 3mg, Clonazepam 6mg, Inderal 40mg, Cipralex 20mg
previous meds: Paxil (did nothing except i wasn't able to achieve the big O), Zyban, Effexor, Celexa, Remeron, Xanax, Ativan, Neurontin, Zoloft (useless), Wellbutrin XL (a joke), Buspar (made me suicidal), Moclobemide (made anxiety worse), Nardil (crapshot. Didn't do anything good and made me faint from low BP), Zyprexa, Seroquel (nope, no sedation), Atenolol (didn't stop the shakes), Imipramine, Doxepin, Risperdal, Lamictal (made anxiety bad), Cymbalta (fail), Lyrica

Listen to my music! Some sad :( some happy :) some neutral :| Click here

#3 Thomas

Thomas

• Pip
  • 2051 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 08:57 AM

I was taking 4 mg. split in 4 doses, but it made me very sleepy during the day. I got the OK yesterday to reduce it to .5 mg. 3 x day and 1.0 mg. at bedtime.

Tommy

PS I know this doesn't address your question about max dose, but just wanted to show how it can effect different folks differently.
Dx:BP1, OCD, Diabetetes Type 2, Hypertension, Gastroparesis & kidney stones
Rx: Abilify 20 mg., Klonopin 6.0 mg., Restoril 30 mg. Cymbalta 120 mg. , Lamictal 400 mg., Cogentin 1.5 mg. Crestor 10 mg. hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg., Hyzaar 100/25 mg., domperidone 20 mg. and Levemir Insulin 40 units, Actos 45 mg.,Proprananol ER 80 mg., Hydrocodone/APAP 40 mg./4000 mg., tizanidine 1 mg., Fiorocet 3 mg.

#4 AirMarshall

AirMarshall

Jumping the CB Shark

• Pip
  • 6686 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:32 AM

Tom is correct the maximum recommended dose for seizures is 20mg/day. For panic disorder it is 4mg/day.

www.rxlist.com is an excellent source for for information. Here is a link:

http://www.rxlist.co.../clonaz_ids.htm

a.m.

**My work is done.  Swimming for the nearest shore.**

#5 wakko926

wakko926

life sucks with or without me

• Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:18 PM

damn - if I take 1 mg - I am out for a while
my pdoc gave it to me last time to help get to sleep and I can tell you it works very well for me
but I can take ativan all day long and it not really bother me.
I cannot imagine taking it as you do!
Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead

#6 karuna

karuna

Lady Fanackerpan

• Inmate Emeritus
  • Pip
  • 3785 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 01:16 PM

I think that is is really important to be able to go the doc who prescribes you your klonopin and ask what the recommended dosages are for your disorder, as people have noted, different symptoms and severity of symptoms have been treated with different dosages.
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to ones courage : Anais Nin

'The attainment of wholeness requires one to stake one's whole being. Nothing less will do; there can be no easier conditions, no substitutes, no compromises': Jung

DX: borderline personality disorder/bipolar/psychosis/trauma history
RX: Lithium and Seroquel

I have a blog at:

http://dedicationtor....wordpress.com/

Feel free to come leave input, read and heckle!

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.