Photo
- - - - -

Klonopin (clonazepam) to Ativan (Lorazepam)?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ophelia

Ophelia

I bitch, therefore I am...

• Pip
  • 3287 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 03:03 AM

that is pretty much it. when i said that i would like to possibly try something else, i was hoping for xanax or something, not ativan. not to mention, i am no idiot, i have looked at equivilancy charts and he has me at MUCH lower dose of ativan that would equal klonopin.... he wanted me to take a fucking drug holiday from the benzos, but i am not in the position to do that. do you think that he did this on purpose? if i wasnt going to take the holiday, he would force it upon me? i still have a klono script and am eating it like fucking candy... havent even had the chance to fill the ativan.... just... what the fuck....? i have been having so many problems with this doc and he... i wont get into it all... im getting upset... just, fuck....

"Instant gratification takes too long." ~Carrie Fisher

"You're wrong! I do have feelings. I'm an actress! I have all of them." ~Elise Elliot (Goldie Hawn), 'The First Wives Club'

"The defects and faults of the mind are like wounds in the body. After all imaginable care has been taken to heal them up, still there will be a scar left behind." ~Francois de la Rochefoucauld

"It has been said that time heals all wounds. I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue, and the pain lessens, but it is never gone." ~Rose Kennedy

#2 chimpmaster

chimpmaster

Hairpants for hairpants :)

• Inmate
  • 1265 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:27 PM

that is pretty much it. when i said that i would like to possibly try something else, i was hoping for xanax or something, not ativan. not to mention, i am no idiot, i have looked at equivilancy charts and he has me at MUCH lower dose of ativan that would equal klonopin.... he wanted me to take a fucking drug holiday from the benzos, but i am not in the position to do that. do you think that he did this on purpose? if i wasnt going to take the holiday, he would force it upon me? i still have a klono script and am eating it like fucking candy... havent even had the chance to fill the ativan.... just... what the fuck....? i have been having so many problems with this doc and he... i wont get into it all... im getting upset... just, fuck....

Well its up to you how much of the atvian you take. Try the recommended dose first. At your next dr's visit tell him if the dose is enough or not.

A problem with benzos can be the dependency and tolerance with repeated dosing - dont forget that. What dose of klonopin are you taking now? Which dose of atvian did he prescribe?

Dx : Schizophrenia, paranoid type with panic attacks. Obsessive Compulsive Personality Trait.

Rx : 300mg Clozapine, 80mg Prozac, 160mg Zeldox, 8mg Reboxetine, 20mg diazepam PRN.

Ex Rx: Luvox, Paxil, Risperdel, Xanax, Seroquel, Abilify, Zeldox, Zyprexa, Oxazepam, Tolvon, Prozac, Mirtazapine.

#3 KatM

KatM

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:21 PM

FWIW, I made the switch from Klonopin to Ativan. I found the Ativan much more effective on my anxiety.

Xanax just made me spacey but I still was anxious.

As usual, YMMV.

#4 affectdefect

affectdefect

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:59 AM

I hear ya. You can screw with any of my meds... just don't fuck with the benzos! I'm on Klonopin now, and have been on and off for a few years. Periodically I'll get fed up with Klonopin (really fucks with my short term memory) and try a different benzo. I've done ativan, xanax, librium and... am I missing one? Never tried valium, but I hear it's overrated, who knows.

Ativan worked ok for me, it was nice that it worked pretty quickly; it just doesn't last for shit though. Actually, I kinda wish I had both. Klonopin regularly, ativan for acute attacks. But now I've got serequil... hard to be anxious when you're unconscious!

For what it's worth, those equivelancy charts really didn't prove useful to me at all. It still comes down to how you are going to react to the med, and I wasn't very much in line with their figures. Right now I'm takin 2mg of Klonopin, half of the original dose I started with several years back. It's working ok I guess, but it's getting some help from geodon and serequil.
"You couldn't be more wrong in feeling that I've invalidated your feelings!"
"Punish your inner child. Severly!" *
"In the garden of life, I am a noxious weed." *

* from the book Negative Affirmations

Dx: BPD, GAD/PD, PTSD.

Rx: Cymbalta 60mg, Wellbutrin XL 300mg, Lamictal 150mg, Stratera 80mg, Adderall 30+20+20mg, Klonopin 1+1mg, Geodon 80mg, Serequil 100mg

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.