Photo

Girls: Have you ever had sex for money?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Sex for money (72 member(s) have cast votes)

Girls: Have you ever been paid for having sex?

1. Yes (15 votes [20.83%])

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

2. No (15 votes [20.83%])

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

3. Would consider it if the chance arose (8 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

4. Would consider it if I was desparate for cash (13 votes [18.06%])

Percentage of vote: 18.06%

5. Would never do it even if I was desparate for cash (21 votes [29.17%])

Percentage of vote: 29.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Angeljasmine

Angeljasmine

Heal your inner child

• Pip
  • 276 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:09 AM

Girls confessional. Have you ever had sex in exchange for money? If so, why did you do it? Would you do it again?

If no, would you do it if the chance arose, and why?

Do you think it is wrong?

A question and poll for the girls only !

To be mindful is to live in the present moment, not to be imprisoned in the past nor anticipating a future that may never happen.

Dx: Dysthymia. Also anxiety, some social phobia, symptoms of BPD.
Current Rx: Seroquel 25 mg or Zopiclone, only when needed for sleep.
Previous Rx: WB 150mg/300mg, Prozac, Citalopram, Aropax.

... Just cry, baby, cry ...
Cause every tear that flows
Falls into the ocean
And rises to the sky
And then the rain will come
... Right before the sun shines...

Lyrics ft. Joss Stone

#2 Bernard

Bernard

Sleep Deprived

• Pip
  • 443 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:14 AM

What an interesting topic! I have been thinking about this kind of thing all week. From my journal (just to stimulate further conversation):

Husband and I had interesting conversation while driving home this evening about prostitutes. We have to drive past a well-known brothel on the way from his parents' house and it always makes me think about their working conditions.

I have a very eighteenth century Pamela/ Fanny Hill type idea of brothels and prostitution. It's all very obscure and bohemian, corsets and fans, in my head. Which means that I actually have no idea how much a prostitute makes, and no idea if there is a difference between what one would make on the street and what one would make in a brothel. I have strangely human concerns and sympathy for them, and I worry about - wonder about (?) - what kind of abuse they endure, or their working conditions. How can they stay safe when there are so many weirdos around?

My interest extends much further than this - though I can't say I have ever had any strong desire to prostitute myself - it just facinates me is all. I like the idea of a companion like Inara in Firefly. She's elegant, classy and in control. She selects her clients and runs her own space and as such is well-respected in her profession. The idea of prostitution being considered a well-respected avenue rather than a base one appeals to me as it presents itself as a somewhat challenging role to fulfill. It just seems to me like they need to be given some kind of credit, or stature.

I hate how base and icky prostitution is in places like Amsterdam. The red-light-district there shocked and appalled me. Sure, the girls are given working conditions above street-walking but at what cost? They stand in a storefront window waiting to be selected. Then, they go into the room behind, business occurs, then are back in the window waiting for the next customer. Their humanity seems to have been diminished to little more than scraps.

Such is the issue for prostitutes world-wide. I even remember hearing about someone murdering prostitutes while we were in Edmonton.

So much danger for so many women. So much abuse and such a negative , debased, perspective. I can't say I really condone prostitution but I can't say I condemn it either. It feels sad to watch them walk the streets and to try to imagine what kind of life they lead. Do they have children? Have they been treated well or poorly? What will the night hold for them? Where do they live? Driving past that red light, looking out into darkened streets for their lank wandering figures along the highway, I can't help but consider them as women, people, once-children.

Bern

dx: mdd; pmdd; ocd; gad; 
rx: Pristiq; ACT (therapy)
past rx:Effexor-XR; Zoloft
I'm a girl.

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it enjoy the view..."

"My own hands can never wash me clean of every thought that I try to master..."

#3 Tenebrae

Tenebrae

misanthropist tree hugger

• Pip
  • 572 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:14 AM

yes. it was called being married. ;)
Vlad Tepes made some good points.
L'enfer, c'est les autres.

dx: all fucked up NOS

#4 abifae

abifae

• Pip
  • 872 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:12 AM

i can't see how it could be wrong... if you have a talent or a service to offer that someone is willing to pay for, why is that a problem? i've always felt rather safe knowing that if i couldn't get a job, i could have sex for money.

i'm still not sure why people make such a big deal out of sex in this country. they should have the girls tested monthly, trained, and set up so that it is safe for them. they used to have great courtesan houses here (in america, especially the west before it was all civilized like and settled) during the victorian era... what happened??

abi
The Hello Kitty of the Sith!

#5 Maddy

Maddy

Shadow of nothing

• Inmate Emeritus
  • Pip
  • 3970 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:14 PM

i can't see how it could be wrong... if you have a talent or a service to offer that someone is willing to pay for, why is that a problem? i've always felt rather safe knowing that if i couldn't get a job, i could have sex for money.

I don't see anything wrong with prostitution either. There is a reason why it's the world's oldest profession, eh? And really how is it different to just be upfront about the money VS. fucking someone to get what you want? It's just semantics in my opinion.

i'm still not sure why people make such a big deal out of sex in this country. they should have the girls tested monthly, trained, and set up so that it is safe for them. they used to have great courtesan houses here (in america, especially the west before it was all civilized like and settled) during the victorian era... what happened??

At some point it was decided that violence was preferable to sexuality. Look at our movies. It's hard as hell to see anything sexual in the movies now without it being rated MA. However it's perfectly fine to show people murdering others and just get an R rating. I'm old enough to remember a large number of movies from the 80's. Like Friday the 13th, etc. where it was common to see boobs or sex along with the violence. You won't see things like that nowadays.

Sex is natural and normal, yet in the US we've turned it into something perverse and something to be ashamed of. Considering that this country was founded by the Puritans is it any surprise? C'mon, they were so uptight the english kicked them out. - Eddie Izzard (paraphrased)

Just my $5 opinion.

I <3 my meds!
DX: undifferentiated schizophrenia
RX: Fanapt, Topamax, Ativan, Celexa

Past RX: Paxil, Prozac, Zoloft, Lexapro, Remeron, Strattera, Trazodone, Lamictal, Neurontin, Depakote, Lithium, Vistaril, Buspar, Clonidine, Tegretol, Gabitril, Keppra, Depakene, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Haldol, Abilify, Saphris, Adderall, Valium, Primidone. I know there are others I've forgotten over the years.
Boards I mod: Schizophrenia & Various Psychoses, Hormone & Glandular Problems, any others as needed.

#6 december_brigette

december_brigette

• Pip
  • 2630 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:04 PM

Hi All:

I have sex issues that im not willing to discuss.

however - for posing for photos for $$$...Im all for it. take naked pictures of me and pay me money. i'd be fine with that!! :) although right now my "base" would be people that like very pregger ladies with a lot of stretch marks (well....we could CGI those out of the photos). ;)

db

dx: bipolar 1, anxiety, and a little ptsd

current meds:
cymbalta 90mgs
depakote 1500 mg
prazosin 1 mg
seroquel 50 mg

topamax 50mg
xanax 2.50 mg

other meds ive tried: abilify, ambien, effexor xr, lamictal, lexapro, lithium, lunesta, paxil, provigil, tegretol, trazodone, wellbutrin, zoloft.

"I mixed Benadryl and Tegretol one time. Spent three days guessing weight at the Iowa State Fair. Got crabs, and a tattoo, of a crab," Andy on "weeds."

"Psychiatry is just this year's candy pink stove." from the tv show Madmen.

#7 abifae

abifae

• Pip
  • 872 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:32 PM

first of all... db - you could make some major damned cash posing nude and pregnant. seriously!!! go for it!!!

and maddy, i fully agree. america is scared of sex, but not of violence. we make violence this cultural hero but sex is the villain.

sighs.

abi
The Hello Kitty of the Sith!

#8 tiredoftherapy21

tiredoftherapy21

• Pip
  • 234 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:54 PM

I was once a prostitute, among other things, when I was younger, to get money to feed my distraction/addictions..and I would never go back, and do it again for any reason, even if I was on teh streets poor, the only way I would ever do and this is a big if, is if something happened, and I had no way otherwise to get money and I had a kid to support...but only if every other option was already exhausted and nothing else could be done.
MY CRAZY LIST:: panic disorder w/ agoraphobia, chronic ptsd, schizoaffective disorder(depressive type), bpd, social phobia/anxiety, anorexia nervosa , dissociation
the reason I am in pain all the time::
fibromylagia, cervical dysplasia, scoliosis, hpv, endometriosis, lupus

medications I have tried:: effexor xr, zoloft, prozac, lithium, seroquel, cymbalta, lexapro, klonopin, wellbutrin sr, ativan , zyprexa, abilify, risperdal, wellbutrin xl , xanax, buspar, paxil, geodon, celexa, remeron, emsam patch
current meds:: luvox 50 mg 1x

#9 bokworm

bokworm

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:24 PM

At the moment, I can't imagine wanting sex at all ~ libido has gone walkabout. Sex for money? Not something I could do, would feel demeaning.

Isn't there a link between having a history of abuse (any kind) and being drawn to situations where that interpersonal dynamic is re-enacted? It's the most intimate thing a woman can experience, allowing another person to enter her body. To me, the act of providing a sex service is an act of submission. I haven't gone looking for stats, but don't think I'm wrong in assuming that sex workers are predominantly female. This is just my opinion, but I wonder if this is a reflection of archaic social/gender roles which we still haven't quite moved on from?

Edit./

Just wanted to add that I'm not sitting in judgment of sex workers. Systemic repression of anything, including sexuality creates subcultures..like the sex industry. I just think it's detrimental to women in general.

Edited by bokworm, 15 May 2007 - 06:36 PM.

#10 hollywoodfreaks

hollywoodfreaks

• Pip
  • 837 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:50 PM

I'm surprised by the number of women who said yes. I believe that prostitution should be legal, as long as it is the women's freely chosen profession. But how many times do you see that? I personally find prositution disgusting and laden with all kinds of negative gender issues, but I don't blame a woman for doing what she has to do. I'm less inclined to have sympathy for a woman who willingly caters to men who see them as objects. And yes, bokworm, I'm pretty sure that a very high percentage of prostitutes have been sexually abused in one form or another. Voluntarily acting out similar scenarios to the abuse can be a way for a woman to reclaim her power and control over the situation.
dx: Major depression Current rx: Wellbutrin XL 300 mg, Cymbalta 60mg, Xanax XR .5mg. Just started Ritalin 5mg 2x daily, tapering off of 200mg Lamictal. For sleep: trazodone. Past rx: Lexapro, Zoloft, Cytomel.

#11 scatty

scatty

The only way out is through.

• Pip
  • 3955 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:32 PM

I think it should be regulated. Men bringing their unsuspecting wives STDS isn't a victimless crime. If working girls are screened regularly & safe sex is practiced I don't have a problem with it.

Dx:
Bipolar I & Anxiety.  Self diagnosed cunt.

My New (old) Meds: (previously these kept me the most stable)
Lithium ER 1350 mgs.
Lamictal 200 mgs.

Klonopin 2 mgs.

Practicing CBT, DBT, and ACT self-help therapy.

Crazy since the 80's!

#12 Kablume

Kablume

Pseudo princess

• Pip
  • 626 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 04:07 AM

I did it at 14 and this is the first time I have ever told anybody in the whole world including Pdocs and Tdocs and husbands. I look back and I think it was abuse.
"Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops."
Cary Grant

RX:
Topamax 50 mg
Abilify 5 mg
Wellbutrin XL 450mg
Trazadone 300 mg.
Estrogen patch 0.1 mg
Metoprolol 25mg
Simvastatin 40mg

DX: Bipolar I

#13 Angelwhore

Angelwhore

nothing if not inconsistent

• Pip
  • 211 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 04:26 AM

I've often thought that the whole 'dating game' is just a form of tacit prostitution. Someone takes you out, buys you drinks/food/cinema tickets/whatever all evening, and there's an unspoken assumption that they're going to get something out of it at the end. So, essentially, they're paying for you to have a nice time on the understanding that you'll engage in some form of sexual activity with them. (Or perhaps this is just the way things work in my world/head...I'm aware that I've got slightly messed up attitudes towards sex...)

And yes, I would have sex for money - enough money, that is.

Aside: I've always really loved the idea of becoming a professional dominatrix (I know, most of them don't have any sexual contact with their clients, so it's slightly off topic). Power games are a real turn-on for me - as is the thought of getting to dress up in tight leather and latext.... ;)

"We are not your kind of people,
Won't be cast as demons,
Creatures you despise.
We are
Extraordinary people..." - Garbage 'Not Your Kind of People'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

DX: Bipolar (probably two, but that's never been specified); possible BPD
RX: 30mg Paroxetine daily; 25mg quetiapine at night, as needed

Previous RX: it's probably easier to ask what I haven't been on at some point....!

#14 lachesis

lachesis

• Pip
  • 828 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:02 PM

Sex with girls should be illegal and is. Women are considered animals, or animal parts, or as children....chicks, bitches, babes, girls, dogs etc... The men who consider women this way are the ones who more likely to be the ones paying and consider payment as an ownership thing. In that role there is the feeling of entitlement and there are more acts of violence putting women at risk. That is how I see it.

Men make more money and have less responsibility in caretaking in our society. Women need to care for elderly parents and children all while earning 60% of what men do. There will always be more women in financial need than men. Mem have a stronger physique and can more easily earn money in general labour work. This is why prostitution is the oldest profession and why it will always be considered that way.

Women who prostitute report a higher history of sexual abuse. Often young girls are entering prostitution as away to get by while trying to get away from abuse at home. They are doing what is familiar to them -repeating victimization. That is how I see it. They end up on the streets feeding addictions to numb themselves while prostituting and their money ends up getting into the hands of pimps. I don't see it at all empowering to them.

There are the woman in brothels who are slaves and smuggled illegaly.

The child sex tourism trade...........this is what prostitution is. I want no part of it. I don't see it as 30 year old woman who are educated and doing it as a choice to raise funds for school like the glamour magazines like to print stories about the hometown girl next door.

Now if I had less education than I do, less coping skills, little resources, and I was raised in poverty, and was hungry well yeah I probably would prostitute. Women do what they can to get by.

Not moralizing, just spreading reality of what society likes to not think about.

#15 susanlynn

susanlynn

• Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:40 PM

Hi, what's up with this "For ladies only" stuff. As if men have never had sex for money. Anyway. I don't mean to drop out of the "sisterhood" by not taking responsibility for my actions/experiences- yes, just cuz I was really lousy at making my bed for years doesn't mean I must continue to sleep in it. We all try to interact. Peace.

#16 Karolina

Karolina

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 02:22 AM

I see this as two completely different questions. Would I ever have sex for money? Absolutely! But it would have to be completely under my control and on my own terms. Would I have sex for money as a career--(prostitution)? THAT, I would avoid at all costs, if possible.

My rationale was already mentioned so I won't go into it.

EX Rx - Wellbutrin XL 300 150 mg, Topamax 100mg, Maxalt, Naproxen, Vistaril prn, Depakote (bad!!), Neurontin, Paxil, Zoloft, Buspar (all didn't work); Imitrex (stopped working), Vicodin (very good), others I can't remember. . .

Posted Image

#17 Sunshine

Sunshine

• Pip
  • 866 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 09:08 PM

I was watching that show on HBO the other night that's about "The Bunny Ranch" in Nevada (I can't remember the name of the show). It's a train wreck kind of show... you start watching and it's horrible, but you just can stop watching it! My b/f and I really get a kick out of it.

Anyway... those chicks make $1,500 an HOUR!! Well... I don't know how much of that they make, but that's what they charge. I gotta tell ya... it's pretty darn tempting! I just can't believe a guy will pay that much... insane.
Diagnonsenses: Major Depressive Disorder (recurrent, in remission), ADD (inattentive type), Chronic Insomnia, Migraines, mild Anxiety Disorder (NOS), and a broken heart (also in remission!).
Current Cocktail (as of 11/17/2011):
~Morning: 20 mg Adderall XR, 3 mg Intuniv, and 1 mg Xanax XR
~Bedtime: 8 mg Rozerem, 5-10 mg Ambien, 200 mg Danazol (for PMDD and migraine), 100 mg Aldactone
~PRN: 2.5 mg Amerge (for migraines) and .25 mg IR Xanax
Previous meds: See profile.

#18 deth66

deth66

The CB Cyborg

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:19 PM

The show is called "Cathouse" I know since i was on an episode about 3 years ago! Freaky day that was. i got paid $300 to have my cock sucked on camera by Air Force Amy, but they never used the footage. They did use my voice while i was talking at the bar. The day i was there was the Owners birthday so there was huge party the like of which Caligula would have approved of! And i met Ron Jeremy! (and watched him stuff his face from the h'orderves table) the crew was not what you'd expect since it was seven women and two men, the director and producer were both women.

Ray
Dx,MI: MDD SAD ADHD
DxPhysical: End-stage renal failure (ESRD); Tachycardia(~180-260bpm); 2 stents in coronary arteries; Internal defibrillator/device of painful shocks...
Rx,MI: Zoloft 100mg; Klonopin 1mg bid
Rx,Physical: Amiodarone(for tachycardia)200mg/day Renagel&Phos-Lo(phosphorus binders for ESRD)Metoprolol 25mg bid; Plavix 75mg/day;aspirin 325mg/day

just gimme a minute to turn down my hair...

It'll happen when bananas grow spoons...

deth66- 2/3rds of the Beast

have pencil, will draw

Master of the Dark Chocolate Side of the Force

Now a Cyborg with a THING in my chest

Keeping the Weird fires burning...

#19 Alyson

Alyson

Could I use your personal identity, I don't remember mine?

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 07:27 PM

Sex with girls should be illegal and is. Women are considered animals, or animal parts, or as children....chicks, bitches, babes, girls, dogs etc... The men who consider women this way are the ones who more likely to be the ones paying and consider payment as an ownership thing. In that role there is the feeling of entitlement and there are more acts of violence putting women at risk. That is how I see it.

Men make more money and have less responsibility in caretaking in our society. Women need to care for elderly parents and children all while earning 60% of what men do. There will always be more women in financial need than men. Mem have a stronger physique and can more easily earn money in general labour work. This is why prostitution is the oldest profession and why it will always be considered that way.

Women who prostitute report a higher history of sexual abuse. Often young girls are entering prostitution as away to get by while trying to get away from abuse at home. They are doing what is familiar to them -repeating victimization. That is how I see it. They end up on the streets feeding addictions to numb themselves while prostituting and their money ends up getting into the hands of pimps. I don't see it at all empowering to them.

There are the woman in brothels who are slaves and smuggled illegaly.

The child sex tourism trade...........this is what prostitution is. I want no part of it. I don't see it as 30 year old woman who are educated and doing it as a choice to raise funds for school like the glamour magazines like to print stories about the hometown girl next door.

Now if I had less education than I do, less coping skills, little resources, and I was raised in poverty, and was hungry well yeah I probably would prostitute. Women do what they can to get by.

Not moralizing, just spreading reality of what society likes to not think about.

Put very well, this is a real issue, and I too find it as any other such as all involve you mention above.
And how we need to work on those, help with those real true issues.
Not the BS of PR stunts, and sex sells in Vogue!

"Down from the Bridge", from soundtrack of Down in the Valley >>
please click on link above to go to hear song, it is truly beautiful.

The movie is quite very good, and very haunting of my own teen years.
Almost as if watching myself at times, and my one younger brother.
Us in the middle together, the two blonde blue eyes.
And yes, the Police Captain Dad. And the fact of no Mom in the House.
Well never at the times when seem needed.
Oh no, then so conveniently gone.
Strange how some movies are just so close to life that way.
Funny how some stories later, when you finally decide to challenge them, they don't hold up.
But, then you really didn't believe them.
I guess that was just convenient at the time.

#20 juzzy

juzzy

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 07:33 PM

Girls confessional. Have you ever had sex in exchange for money? If so, why did you do it? Would you do it again?
A question and poll for the girls only !

Whilst i'm not a grrl i think a separate poll for the boys would also be valid.

It's a really interesting topic.

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.