What dose of clonazepam equals xanax?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 Dawn K Cottini

Dawn K Cottini

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

You can read all the comparison charts available but every body is different. For me, 30mg (yes, thirty) of clonazepam equals 4-4.5mg of alprazolam. It sounds unfathomable but it is indeed true, for me.

#62 melissaw72

melissaw72

Pretending I'm a pleasant person all day is exhausting.

• Pip
  • 14992 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

You can read all the comparison charts available but every body is different. For me, 30mg (yes, thirty) of clonazepam equals 4-4.5mg of alprazolam. It sounds unfathomable but it is indeed true, for me.

Out of curiosity ... did you actually take the 30 (thirty) clonazepam? Or use a chart to figure that out?

Current Psychiatric Dxs ... Schizoaffective, bipolar type; Anxiety disorder, PTSD, agoraphobia

Also recovered Anorexic/Bulimic finally after 20 years.

Current meds: Provigil, Klonopin, Xanax, Naltrexone, Wellbutrin SR, Abilify, Lamictal, Prozac, Lansoprazole, Linzess, QVAR inhaler, Xopenex inhaler, Methimazole, Flonase, Propranolol.

Any questions just ask :)

"I've learned so much from my mistakes, I think I'll make a few more."

#63 laursmd

laursmd

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

For me, klonopin is my choice of benzo. Xanax made me feel high. Like REALLY high on just 0.25 mg. It also gave me awful nightmares. Ativan doesn't quite pack the punch I need to stop the worst of my panic attacks, but it does work fast. Valium makes me literally not give a fuck about anything and hoses my memory. Klonopin simply makes me feel normal albeit a little sleepy and usually one is all I need to get through the day. I will take another 0.5 at night if my RLS is acting up particularly bad though.

Edited by laursmd, 30 December 2012 - 12:56 AM.

Current dx: who the f knows? I've been given BPII and MDD with Persistent Depressive D/O, PTSD, possible OCD, essential hypertension, RLS
Current rx: titrating up on Lamictal, Zoloft 50 mg, Remeron 15 mg, Requip 0.5 mg, Klonopin 0.25g qAM, 0.5 qHS, Calcium 1000 mg, prenatal Vit for the folate, Magnesium 400 mg, Vit D 2000 iu, Omega 3,6,9
Past rx: Prozac, Wellbutrin XL, Effexor XR, Lexapro, Paxil CR, Abilify, Cymbalta, Trileptal, Ambien CR

#64 Jen Lynn

Jen Lynn

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

I suffer from severe panic disorder. I also developed the fear of having panic attacks, and became fearful of things of my everyday life, this all originated from almost dying from complication during my pregnancy and birth. I have been suffering the condition for almost 8 years. not fun!!! After many doctors and many medicines, and digging to for clues to find out what was wrong with me, obviously this was before I even knew what a panic attack or anxiety was. Anyways, I have tried many anti-depressants ,some that actually increased my panic. I was introduced to a small dose of Xanax. In combination of that with Prozac, I was some what content but not out of the range. I was still dealing with daily attacks. They got so bad they controlled my life. I then could no longer drive. Was scared to leave certain comfort zones. Was very difficult for me to do many things. Including but not limited to what I listed. Anything that caused my heart rate to increase ie: caffeine, exercise, etc. would even trigger attacks. So now, after not driving for almost 3 years, and almost ruining my marriage. Friends and family separating from me cause they couldn't deal with me. I can finally say that I'm about 65 percent better. Although I know the attacks go into remission and I still get those feelings. I can finally drive. Do things I was went able to do for years. I know everyone is different. Medications work differently on all. But my solution after trying numerous different meds. This is we're clonazepam comes into the picture. As Xanax. This Xanax is a must have around for security and for an instant relieve for an attack. But the klonopin aka clonazepam 1mg, taken 3 times daily morning, afternoon and evening is what keeps me pretty balanced and anxiety at bay. Also taking a small does of celexa as a balancer. I get 2mg Xanax but break them in half for 1 mg as needed. I only try and take those if I'm severely anxious or feeling an attack. My personally opinion on the Xanax and klonopin comparison is: Xanax for an instant relief like stated in the event of an attack. And. Klonopin to be used as balancer as it last longer, but yet doesn't have that instant relief. Yes, you get a extra kick outa the Xanax, euphoria if you will, as you don't really get that from klonopin, but if you are just trying to treat anxiety, you don't need that kick, it is just a side effect anyways. Although that's were people fall in to abuse the medication.

#65 sonicwhite

sonicwhite

The great unknown

• Pip
  • 926 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

WHat the hell is all this.... We got a troll or spamer!

Diagnosed Drug Induced Psychosis...ADHD.....OCD.....Cannibas Psychotic Disorder..GAD.....Major Depression disorder-recurrent...Severe, Bipolar I....Migraines, Cluster headaches....                                                                                                                                                                                                                              .Gabapentin...600 mg once a day....Effexor XR 75 mg.....Risperdal...4 mg....Zoloft 200 mg...Valporic acid 250 mg... clonazepam 1 mg twice daily. Seroquel 200 mg once at night.....Prilosec 25 mg in the morning......Inderal 60 mg ER one in the morning. Remeron 45 mg once at night. Frovatriptan 2.5 PRN .....Lyrica 75 mg 3x daily....                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      The sun is a round window into the city of gold......Written by Daniel B.

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.