Profanity and mental illness

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 reco50

reco50

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:14 AM

Do you swear alot at your depression, anxiety? I troll through a lot of mental health forums and one thing that caught my eye was just how many times people swear in their posts. If I go out the door feeling like shit I tend to tell my self exactly that. i am in no way offended by it, it shows how deep the suffering is. I think IMO that a lot of people with mental health issues are not religious. I am a 99.9% non believer in religion. I do sometimes envy church goers, they can put their blind faith in something, ask god for help from depression etc. If there is a god,what use would he have to inflict some of us to any number of pyciatric illness. I hope this dosen't open up a can of worms in the community. I think we are all nothing but cells and tissue evoluted thru time. Our mental problems stem from man and society.

At the route of all our problems: MONEY Who invented money? Why cant people just have what they want. When I was in hospital, they needed things for the pysche ward, Well why not have the fucking government print some more money up and give it to the hospital to buy these needed things. What is wrong with this idea? It is only paper that we as man and woman have said ,oh this paper is worth $100, this one is worth 20 bucks. If it benefits humanity just make the fucking money and improve the world. Fuck the investors and the stock traders and inflation experts. We invented it all inflation - economic depression - The so called experts say well you cant just print money it mucks up alot of economic things. I say bullshit. Give everybody in the states $2000. man woman and children over 5, see what happens, they all spend it on things they either want or need. Everybodys happy and think of the employment it would create as an offshoot. Print up millions and give it to the hopitals to improve them. What is the downside of all of this? We created money and all the rules that seem to go along with it. We can take those rules and shit on them and flush them down the toilet. remember money the root of all evil. Not if we all are given some. Why rob and steal when you could get the money leagally from some new governmant agency that gives out money, plain and simple! If all human beings had money think how much more happier the world would be.

Maybe people with mental disorders know more about a brave new world we could possibly someday live in. I am am almost in tears for writing this, my inner thoughts, so thank you if you took the time to read trough it.

Please, fellow crazyboard people, challenge me on any of this!

Edited by reco50, 18 July 2007 - 06:35 AM.

Tegretol 600mgs
Epival 750mgs
Lithium 900mgs
Wellbutrin 300mgs
Trazadone prn
oxazepam prn
coneazepam prn
zanax prn

#2 Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Indigo Child

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:28 AM

God Damn Shit Fuck.
Dx: MPD, Bipolar, Schizophrenia, Insomniac, Social Anxiety, Substance Abuse. ♣
Rx: Lithium, Lamictal, Seroquel, Trazadone, Celexa, Suboxone. ♣

Check Out My Rap Music! - 7 Leaf Clover -

You are only as crazy as you lead on to be. ♣

I walk into every situation, imagining the Worst Possible Outcome. Everyone know's I'm schizophrenic. I get stuck sometimes from the overload of emotions and information concerning a certian situation. I feel threatened by everything and everyone. Although, I stand here unhurtable, untouchable and confident. ~ William Charles Masterson Jr. ~

#3 misscat

misscat

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:44 AM

Well I dont agree on the religion part. I know many deeply spiritual people who have mental illness. Whether or not they became religious because of their illness is a moot point. What helps one person may not help another.

As far as swearing on the internet, I think its every where, not just on depression boards. Many people CUSS, I dont like it much either but I try to overlook it.

Maybe you are generalizing just a little bit?
Dx: Bipolar II, anxiety Rx: Lamictal, prozac, topomax

The light at the end of the tunnel is probably an oncoming train...

People are bastard covered bastards, with bastard filling.
DR KELSO, Scrubs

#4 synthetic

synthetic

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 682 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:22 AM

As far as swearing, see here for my feelings on that. On the money issue, there are reasons you can't just print new money and give it to people. One of them is deflation, causes money to be worth less. It's a nice thought, but it wouldn't work.

Dx: BPsomething, General Anxiety, Social Anxiety
Rx: DepakoteER 1500mg, Seroquel 800mg, Topamax 100mg, Klonopin PRN, Lovastatin 60mg for high cholesterol caused by Seroquel
Meds that are evil: Lexapro, Prozac, Wellbutrin, Lamictal
Meds that didn't work: Lithium, Lorazepam, Geodon

#5 blueberry

blueberry

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:57 AM

I think swearing is internet-wide, really. I'm also a non-believer, and I swear quite a bit; I don't particularly see a problem with it. ;)

I haven't studied economics in an incredibly long time, but I do remember that the problem with printing more and more money is that it causes inflation, and more and more and more money needs to be printed as it loses value. I think it would be great, though, if the government would channel more money into health/mental health rather than invading other countries and starting wars.

#6 LikeMinded

LikeMinded

Too many answers, not enough questions.

• Pip
  • 2162 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:25 AM

well fuckety.

my main issues swearing (or cussing as we say down South) came just once, during a brief but severe mixed state (though not depression per se). I almost got kicked out of the house I lived in for that. not the swearing, but the change in my normally clean language... I was swearing like a sailorman with Tourette's syndrome that week.

Edited by herrfous, 18 July 2007 - 11:25 AM.

CAUTION: I'm a graduate computational medicine/allied health information student, and NOT a licensed clinician of any sort in any part of the world.  I can come up with lots of algorithms, generalities, and statistics but cannot provide specific medical advice for you!  You, along with your healthcare provider/pdoc/tdoc/etc. are the best decision makers for what is best!

Me: MDD, AD/HD, Asperger's/HFA/PDD-NOS/WTF, REM behavioral disorder/misc. sleep issues, some variant of PTSD... toss in hypothyroidism, post-meningitis-related Parkinson's disease/tremor, early stage pulmonary hypertension from a connective tissue disorder that wants me dead before age 60, and a few misc. manly hormone issues, and you'll get a few insights on where that PTSD came from.

Now on: Cymbalta, mirtazapine, oxybutynin, clonazepam, lamotrigine, clonidine, levothyroxine, metformin, Testim.  As Velvet Elvis implied, I sound like a freakin' maraca salesman when I go through airport security.

#7 nut_job

nut_job

Nut_Job

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:39 PM

If I didn't have my faith, I wouldn't be around. Otherwise, what is it all for?

N.J.
N.J.

#8 r.mcmurphy

r.mcmurphy

• Pip
  • 797 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 07:56 PM

language convention is a bunch of shit! with all the killing, torture, homelessness and widespread misery that mankind perpetuates, what the fuck does one's choice of words have to do with striving for a decent life?

some of us came up with what convention would have us believe are "bad" ways of making ourselves understood. some of us put a lid on it when delicate flowers have patent objections to word constructs.

it galls me that there are people that poo-poo this sort of thing, yet bat not an eye to war, give nothing to their fellow man, etc.

one old man's opinion.
plenty meds, drugs and mental troubles in the past 40 years. no end in sight for depression.

eat a fish!

#9 Guest_whatfcnvoices_*

Guest_whatfcnvoices_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2007 - 06:54 PM

Jeez yeah i swear like anything these days, specially after my ECT, i dont realise that i am doing it and have been told i say the most inappropriate things at the most inappropriate times, well my answer to them is simple FUCK YOU and the camel that you rode in on, take me as i am or just leave me the fuck alone. You think i like being this way ??? i think the worst thing i have ever called anyone when they were staring at me was a Brothel Bred C*** they stopped staring pretty damn quickly.

#10 whatfcknvoices

whatfcknvoices

Former Forensic Patient

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 06:56 PM

Jeez yeah i swear like anything these days, specially after my ECT, i dont realise that i am doing it and have been told i say the most inappropriate things at the most inappropriate times, well my answer to them is simple FUCK YOU and the camel that you rode in on, take me as i am or just leave me the fuck alone. You think i like being this way ??? i think the worst thing i have ever called anyone when they were staring at me was a Brothel Bred C*** they stopped staring pretty damn quickly.

Grrr i forgot to sign in srry stupid friggin brain i have the dumb today

Dx: Major Depression Disorder also Anxiety, Social Phobia, Combat PTSD.
Rx Dothiepin
225mg - I used to like sex, now i take Dothep

Dexamphetamine 15mg x 2 - WOOHOOO!! - 0 to 100 in 4.3 seconds !!

Clonazepam 2mg PRN  - Who needs alcohol ??

Xanax 2mg - PRN - Ahhhh ..... who cares
Rohypnol 2mg -
Now i really am the walking dead !!

Propranalol 120mg - Sorry, i don't give a shit.

ECT - Awesome - i'm still alive -  the answer to all my problems, sorry i can't remember my name but it should come back by the 1st Tuesday in November (I Hope)

No, i didn't escape this time.

#11 Antiks

Antiks

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:22 PM

I met a lot of religionists in the psych hospital I was staying at. I don't agree that most MI people are "non religious". One of the group social workers was a jesus freak as well. ;)
Dx: Bipolar I NOS; Anxiety; ADD (inattentive)
Rx: Trileptal 600 mg/day; Celexa 30mg/day

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.