• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 crazynotstupid

crazynotstupid

S'up yo

• Inmate
  • 2430 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:37 PM

A couple links to gov sites with interesting info.

http://www.eeoc.gov/...docs/psych.html

EEOC Enforcement Guidance on the Americans with Disabilities Act and Psychiatric Disabilities

"Since the Enforcement Guidance on the Americans with Disabilities Act and Psychiatric Disabilities was published, the Supreme Court has ruled that the determination of whether a person has an ADA "disability" must take into consideration whether the person is substantially limited in performing a major life activity when using a mitigating measure. This means that if a person has little or no difficulty performing any major life activity because s/he uses a mitigating measure, then that person will not meet the ADA's first definition of 'disability.' "

It's a rather long read.

http://www.ssa.gov/dsi/

A New Disabilty Determination Process

This one deals with the SSA's efforts to streamline the process of applying for disabilty...basically, no more two years waits for final determination sorta thing. Not a long read--but a good one. At the end it says it was "last reviewed or modified" on July 16 of this year, so it seems recent and therefore I take it as serious. So this seems good news. I am going to try to keep up on this.

I will keep poking around these sorts of things as I have time, interest, and of course--memory! If anybody happens to dig up anything of interest that is related, go ahead and post it--I am looking at things related to laws related to workplace disabilty rulings/regulations regarding mental disabilties, but only current or evolving facets of laws and regulations, and updates of SSA regulations and rules regarding, well, disability stuff. And case law pertaining to it.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep
And miles to go before I sleep.
-Robert Frost

#2 Loon-A-TiK

Loon-A-TiK

Is there no way out of the mind? - Sylvia Plath

• Pip
  • 4902 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:18 PM

thanks for this info, CNS.
this partially explains why my mom can't get SSDI, however doesn't excuse the wait she's had to go through. her lawyer should really be informed. i'll have that woman on the phone on monday!
DX-BP1 w/psychotic symptoms, PTSD, ADD (Inattentive), and body dysmorphic disorder
Daily RX- WB 300mg, Lamictal 400mg, Abilify 20mg, Adderall XR 30mg, Inderal 10mgx2, Nuvaring
a multi-vitamin, hair/skin/nails vitamin, super 50-b complex vitamin, flax oil

prn- Zyprexa 10-20mg for emergencies

In memory of my dad, BP1 suicide. I love you and miss you!

EX RX- Seroquel, Risperdal, Geodon (master of all that is evil), Zyprexa (the good stuff), Zyprexa Zydis, Trazadon, Depakote, Lithium, Serzone, Paxil, Effexor, Lexapro, Haldol, Strattera, Topamax, Symmetrel, other old school ACs, and more I can't remember now

"Can a selfish egocentric jealous and unimaginative female write a damn thing worthwhile?" - Sylvia Plath

If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say it at all.

#3 SunshineOutside

SunshineOutside

Sunshine Outside

• Pip
  • 951 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 09:42 AM

CNS,

THANKS! This is great info!

Do you know if I can send this to a friend on CrazyBoards?
Meds revised 11/5/2009

Bipolar II,GAD,SA

Current: Lamictal 300mg, Lorazepam 1-1/2 per day. Amantadine, Trazadone 150mg, P, Abilify 7.5mg, Luvox 50Mg, Prozac 40mg.

#4 crazynotstupid

crazynotstupid

S'up yo

• Inmate
  • 2430 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 10:53 PM

Well, they're links to gov info sites. Send away. Certainly the info contained therein is a lot deeper and more technical than I've outlined and one can dig farther into the Net to find out more, but this is a starting point.

I should note: at some point I do intend to get off my ass and root out more of this type of stuff. i just got bored at work one day...
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep
And miles to go before I sleep.
-Robert Frost

#5 SunshineOutside

SunshineOutside

Sunshine Outside

• Pip
  • 951 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:30 AM

Well, they're links to gov info sites. Send away. Certainly the info contained therein is a lot deeper and more technical than I've outlined and one can dig farther into the Net to find out more, but this is a starting point.

I should note: at some point I do intend to get off my ass and root out more of this type of stuff. i just got bored at work one day...

Meds revised 11/5/2009

Bipolar II,GAD,SA

Current: Lamictal 300mg, Lorazepam 1-1/2 per day. Amantadine, Trazadone 150mg, P, Abilify 7.5mg, Luvox 50Mg, Prozac 40mg.

#6 SunshineOutside

SunshineOutside

Sunshine Outside

• Pip
  • 951 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:33 AM

I imagine that this info. is very helpful to a lot of people. It can be very confusing. Thanks for being bored!!!
Meds revised 11/5/2009

Bipolar II,GAD,SA

#7 tjmom12

tjmom12

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

Have you noticed how unhelpful the SSA site is? They obviously want to hide behind glass windows and computer monitors.  Why aren't we assigned a case manager when we apply?  Why can't the CM tell us what we need, how our case is going, etc. Oh. There is a web page that you can type in a code but never answers how the case is going. What's the point?  They don't make it easy for Americans to utilize their benefits that they paid for.  Its not entitlement if I paid for it.  Grr.

Please keep us updated.

TJ's mom.

Depressive forever
DX BP1 2008. First hospitalization-Short Term Disability
2010 second hospitalization applying for ssdi
Lamictal, Lithium
Previous Abilify, Prozac, Trazodone, Effexor, Ambien

#8 LunaRufina

LunaRufina

Creating and embracing drama since 2004.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 4377 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

....I was assigned a case manager

"...what you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway.

People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
Help people anyway.

Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you have anyway.”

― Kent M. Keith, The Silent Revolution: Dynamic Leadership in the Student Council"

Midway

#9 Savannah

Savannah

• Pip
  • 716 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Luna,

What state are you in?
<p>Bipolar 1 with psychosisCurrent meds: geodon 160mg, seroquel 500mg, prolixin 10 mg, lamictal 500mg, zoloft 150mg,, Provigil 200mg

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.