103 replies to this topic

#1 wakko926

wakko926

life sucks with or without me

• Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 07:10 AM

;) :) this my be a trigger for some :) ^_^

I know there are others out there........
but I just really don't care
I really and truly hope I die WAY before it gets to the point of someone having to take care of me

I had to do that with my father in law
and kind of all my life with my mom
(only cause she tried to kill herself
by putting a gun to her head & ended up partially paralyzed)

Even tho my meds are working pretty good
I still have the voice in my head saying "Just do it & get it over with"
but I have tried too many times & it hasn't worked
so I have given up (for now)

hmmm.......
maybe my meds do need to be tweaked

How do you feel about it?

Edited by wakko926, 29 May 2008 - 07:11 AM.

Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead

#2 GroovyGwen

GroovyGwen

• Pip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:16 AM

Nowadays there is an overwhelming feeling of not caring whether I live or die. The idea of dealing with this bullshit for the rest of my life is so tiring, such a massive undertaking that I can't help it. I don't have suicide in mind, but I find myself thinking that I wouldn't mind if I got into a big accident or something or was attacked.

I live because the alternative is unknown and scarier than living, although living sucks. What if there is nothing after and the world just keeps going without me? What if people in my life are secretly relieved that they don't have to deal with me? What if there IS hell, or some form of bad place - I have decent intentions, but the past 31 years have probably made me a main candidate. What if Karma bites me in the ass and I come back as a dung beetle or something?

I also live for my nephews. They are way too young to understand and I don't want to set an example of giving up to them. I want to see them become people.

I live for the possibility of some good times thrown in with the bad. Even laughing every once in awhile makes life worth living for me. Every second I am not feeling completely horrible is something that keeps me going. And the possibility of more good seconds is comforting.

Depressive bipole on Venlafaxine (Effexor) 225mg & Lamotrigine (Lamictal) 200 mg

#3 alex

alex

dead2u

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:31 PM

When depressed, it's usually impossible to think clearly. Things you cognitively know (suicide is bad) go out the window, and are replaced with "crazy" thoughts like "suicide is good!" So, *while you are rational* try to remember just one or two depression signs. The benchmark depression sign I personally use is "do I want to kill myself?" If the answer is "yes," then I automatically know, regardless of my emotional state, that I am very, very, very depressed. When you start thinking about, planning or acting on suicide, you're at the lowest level of depression hell, even if you might tell yourself thinks appear normal. You can safely say your meds aren't working right at this point, because the very reason for your being on meds is to keep yourself from going off of that end. If you are on meds and still nearing some kind of "end," complain to your pdoc that something is wrong. Let *him*/*her* deal with it. You have enough going on upstairs to try to figure out what's wrong if you're planning to off yerself.

I sometimes put it this way, so people understand it: if you are going to die, why not just live? It would actually be a lot easier than dying, especially on those around you.

Here is another depression sign I use: if I don't seem to care if someone close to me kills *themselves.* It is kind of an emotional functionality test. If I can't feel or don't care if, say, my mom, girlfriend or child is going to die, then something is wrong with me, whether I want to believe that or not.

Hope it helps!

Alex K
...with lots of depression experience, more every day it seems...

#4 r.mcmurphy

r.mcmurphy

• Pip
  • 797 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:40 PM

superg,

have there been some days that your emotional state was doing well in the recent past? even within a few weeks? it is grand that you have medical care backing you up.

i am probably closer to the point of being unable to care for myself than you are. closer in years that is. the thought of that is repugnant to the vast majority of us. moon bats not withstanding. used to keep a "kevorkian kit" around but then found that the contents were most likely not up to the task.

the older i get, now that my head is not busted anylonger, the more i love life to smithereens. here's wishing that the dark cloud blows away from your area for a good long while.
plenty meds, drugs and mental troubles in the past 40 years. no end in sight for depression.

eat a fish!

#5 aprilskies

aprilskies

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:04 AM

i can totally relate.

most of the time i truly do not care if i live or die.

i just kind of exist.

it's pure hell since at this point i don't have the "guts" to end my own misery.

tried in the past to no avail.

now it's like i'm just sitting here desperately hoping that the pain will somehow go away.

#6 Gwen

Gwen

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:45 AM

My self-esteem is pretty low as it is, but I occasionally I go through phases of depression where any remnants of self-esteem I might have had seem to disappear through cracks in the floor. It's times like those when I feel like the worst thing imaginable is to become a burden to anyone, especially to anyone in my family. I feel like I'd be doing them a favor by killing myself, but I'm prevented from doing so by the fact that my death would be another burden. So, I feel like I'm not worth bothering about alive or dead.

It's possible that I might be bi-polar but I've never been diagnosed. My father was diagnosed about ten years ago with BP, and he describes his mother (whom I'm never met) as completely insane, but I don't think she was ever diagnosed. Back then many mental illness, especially in women, were more or less dismissed as "hysteria."

Basically, the crazy gene runs rampant through my dad's side of the family.

Edited by Gwen, 30 May 2008 - 03:46 AM.

"If it's not one thing, it's your mother."

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

"You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think." Dorothy Parker

Dx: Generalized Tonic Clonic Epilepsy, Degenerative Disc Disease, Depression (undiagnosed, but it's there)
Rx: Lamictal, Sumatriptan (for migraines), Propovan (for insomnia)
Previous Rx: Hermolepsin (carbamezapine)

#7 celestia

celestia

• Pip
  • 3855 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:18 AM

The benchmark depression sign I personally use is "do I want to kill myself?" If the answer is "yes," then I automatically know, regardless of my emotional state, that I am very, very, very depressed. When you start thinking about, planning or acting on suicide, you're at the lowest level of depression hell, even if you might tell yourself thinks appear normal.

Agree!

It's like addiction that way...sneaks up on you and you are the last one to have a clue!

I just emerged from an abyssmal, 6 mos. episode of my MDD. It was worse, of course, than the last as is usually the case.

In any event, Wakko!, I can relate totally. For me, I have to be vigilant about my moods, meds, all that shit and learn to raise the flag way earlier than I have in my last 2 major depressive episodes that have landed me in the hospital. This time for 14 days.

Anyway, just chiming in, getting back in the Crazyboard world...

Love,
S9
diagnoses: MDD/ADD/PTSD
Current meds: Wellbutrin 450/Lexapro 30

#8 starfish

starfish

• Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:54 PM

hi all

i do very well know the feeling of complete carelessness. Been like that since i was 16(i'm 23 now) but lately it's been better, i think because my pdoc found the right cocktail for me, and because i have vented so much in therapy. there's still a long way to go, and i still think of suicide as an alternative, but i have learned to analyse my options : if i live i can experience feeling better, i can do this and that, see these and those people, etc. and if i die i don't know what the hell is gonna happen, maybe it'll be an everlasting tequila+vodka hangover...

i wish i had a "message of hope" but sadly, all i can tell you is hang on, there is no other way. and hold on to your meds. trust your pdoc. and if he/she's fuckin with your brain, find another one.

peace

Don't you wonder sometimes about sound and vision?

DX : BP2,  recovered from MDD, SI in remission
RX : Zoloft, Oxcarbazepine, Risperdal, Lithium, Lamictal, Yasmin
ExRx : Haldol, Alprazolam, Prozac

Meds One Night Stands: Valproic Acid, Zyprexa, Sinogan (mepromazine) and Symbyax (olanzapine+fluoxetine) -they were all bitches to me so i never called them back LOL-

flag_mx.gif

#9 openembrace

openembrace

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 04:05 PM

Right now, I don't care. I am going to college in the fall, and I want to be alive for that. But from now until August, I don't care. I don't know how I'm going to make it until August. but until then... I simply don't care.
DX: who knows. who cares.

"And she could not hide her tears
They were sent to wash away those years.."

#10 scarlet_faery

scarlet_faery

I want my innocence back ~ Emilie Autumn

• Pip
  • 471 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:49 PM

I haven't been on the boards for a long time, but I need to be back again. I am going through a deep depression, so I know what you're going through. You know what I do to make it all feel better? I sleep. I sleep from 3am until 4pm. Unless I have some kind of appointment to go to. I am NOT on the right med cocktail. I'm bipolar, borderline, obsessive compulsive, and have anxiety. Right now I'm on a low with my bipolar. I've been on a low for years and have tried to tell my pdoc this. But my mental health clinic keeps changing doctors and losing them. I just lost the one I've seen like twice now. I am so pissed off about this too. I need off my Geodon and put on something like Zoloft. I see the physician's assistant on the 17th of June. I don't know if they can change my meds, but someone has to do something before I fade completely away. I know sleeping 'round the clock isn't the answer, but it's better than committing suicide, which I do think about. I always pray that my many meds that I take will somehow react badly and kill me accidentally in my sleep. But I'm still here. I guess there's a reason I'm still here. So someone please help me! I can't bare this anymore!

Edited by scarlet_faery, 31 May 2008 - 07:52 PM.

What is our mistress demanding?
The Truth
Well, I hate to break it to you.
Life
is complex
Fear
can be hard to wash off
Anger
can be heavy
but with french fries and cake,
The whole world may actually improve
To prove it
lean back
and let the domino effect begin.
Goodbye, Goth girl! ~ Emilie Autumn

"You are beautiful, no matter what they say, words can't bring you down..." ~ Christina Aguilera

"She's been everybody else's girl, maybe one day she'll be her own..." ~ Tori Amos

Im just a fucked up girl looking for her own piece of mind.  Dont assign me yours. ~ Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Posted Image

#11 wakko926

wakko926

life sucks with or without me

• Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:19 AM

I don't know if it makes me feel better that other ppl
feel this way or not.

I suppose most of all it just makes me sad.

Unfortunately for me, I don't see my pdoc again
until July 11

I wish I could just sleep
But, no, I have to get up & go to work everyday
and be nice to fucking ppl all damn day
That is what I get sick of
Cause that's not the real me

oh well -
life goes on
with or without me
I just don't really care

I sincerely hope that others that feel this way
Do seek & get the help needed
hugs
wakko
Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead

#12 GroovyGwen

GroovyGwen

• Pip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:35 AM

Yeah, you seek and get the help needed too dude. Everyone who has posted here feels the way you do and we're all mucking through this fucking life. Muck with us.

Depressive bipole on Venlafaxine (Effexor) 225mg & Lamotrigine (Lamictal) 200 mg

#13 Guest_Igetstoned_*

Guest_Igetstoned_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:54 AM

Glad I came across this board..thought I was the only one that was sick of life. I live in a small town...got laid off from my job due to our wonderful economy...been out of work for several months now...for some reason im not eligble for collecting unemployment. Ive been to 2 different interviews. One at radioshack and one at officemax I have my certification in computer hardware (yet I still cant get a job). I have bills I have to pay and im living off a credit card pretty much that im sure is almost maxed out. Ive dropped out of college due to the fact apparently my degree I worked so hard for and takes no effect on getting a job along with my suspended drivers license for 2 tickets which im not eligble for a permit either (what am I eligble for). I get up early every morning because I cant sleep past 7 only to wake up with nothing to do all day bored out of my mind which drives me more insane..I have loss the will to even bother going to look for another job because I know its a waste of time. Everytime I get a positive attitude and try to go out and do stuff I get kicked in the face, so now all I do is sit around smoking marijuana or anything I can get my hands on...which is pathetic but its the only thing that keeps me calm and not worrying. I refuse to tell people about this problem due to the fact my family already has enough on there hands as it is with there on problems. I have not attempted suicide (yet lol) and dont really plan to but I am very depressed and very down all the time...nothing to look forward to ever...and if there is..it always gets ruined so I dont try anymore.

#14 Malachi

Malachi

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 11:46 AM

Wakko926, I know exactly how you feel. Half the time I just don't care, and I completely know what you mean about feeling like you don't want to deal with this for the rest of your life, and that you should just get it over with. When this happens, I try to remind myself of reasons to keep fighting. I try to think of better times, and remind myself that this will pass eventually. My tdoc had me write up a list of things worth living for, and has me read it whenever I get like this. Just a thought.
DX: Schizoaffective Disorder (Bipolar Subtype)

RX: 1200mg Lithium, 40mg Zyprexa, 100mg Zoloft, 400mg Tegretol, 4mg Haldol, 40mg Latuda

What didn't work: Prozac, Abilify, Lamictal, Seroquel, Buspar, Klonopin, Celexa, Xanax, Cymbalta, Ativan, Welbutrin

#15 Mayteana

Mayteana

Normal is just a setting on the washing machine.

• Inmate Emeritus
  • Pip
  • 1397 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:36 PM

Do I care? Sort of. Working on that one.

~ May

When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Perhaps to be too practical is madness. To surrender dreams - this may be madness. To seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness. And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be.

-Don Quioxite, The Man of La Mancha

#16 Anelize

Anelize

Lurker Deluxe

• Pip
  • 592 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 06:44 PM

It depends on what day it is. If I'm cycling and it's a down day, I don't really care. Otherwise, I'm on the fence.
"Be Here Now"
--Chinacat

Check out my Blog--[link=http://www.nurseexec.com" target="_blank]Driven to Distraction[/link]

DX:
Bipolar I, rapid cycling; GAD; Addiction (Sobriety Date: 2/4/2000); RNY Gastric Bypass 2007
Med-Go-Round: Seroquel 800mg; Effexor 300mg; Neurontin 1200mg; Topamax 300mg
Stuff that doesn't agree with me for one reason or another: Risperdal, Remeron, Zyprexa, Abilify, Geodon; SSRIs, Wellbutrin; Lamictal; Lithium; Benzos

#17 karuna

karuna

Lady Fanackerpan

• Inmate Emeritus
  • Pip
  • 3785 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 12:23 PM

Although I enjoy life mostly, if I died tomorrow (not by suicide) I think I'd just feel relieved.

I'm kinda tired, honestly.
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to ones courage : Anais Nin

'The attainment of wholeness requires one to stake one's whole being. Nothing less will do; there can be no easier conditions, no substitutes, no compromises': Jung

DX: borderline personality disorder/bipolar/psychosis/trauma history
RX: Lithium and Seroquel

I have a blog at:

http://dedicationtor....wordpress.com/

Feel free to come leave input, read and heckle!

#18 remedy48

remedy48

• Pip
  • 475 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 12:34 PM

If anyone here is thinking of suicide just ask yourself is it the pain or your life that you want to take away.
Dx: Schizoaffective disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder, PTSD, Panic disorder with agoraphobia, generalized anxiety disorder, body dismorphic disorder.
Rx: Seroquel 300mg. , Clonazepam 1mg. ,Cogentin 1mg

#19 zomby

zomby

• Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:41 PM

i envy the dead

when people die and others say how sad it is i always think how lucky they are
wudzup

#20 archgallo

archgallo

pandemonium

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:39 PM

I'm scared of death and dying. Can't stand the thought of not existing, not being able to think. When I feel suicidal the thought of not existing is often the only thing holding me back. At times I WANT to die, but...if only death wasn't so terrifying to me. So yes, I do care, but I kind of wish I didn't. It would make things easier.

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.