vyvanse or adderall?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_dta_*_*

Guest_Guest_dta_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:27 PM

Hi,
I tried adderall a while back and have been on vyvanse. 50mg seemed ok, but not it isn't working as well. 70mg seems to make me cranky, anxious and so forth. I alreayd take xanax for anxiety, the xanax xr.
how much adderall is how much vyvanse? Should i try more vyvanse and are the new doses out yet?

if I had issues - one particulat these extra beats in my heart or something from adderall, will I get them from vyvanse or if I have now been on vyvanse for a few months, will I get them again if I go back to adderall? Adderall seemed to just work the best

However I wasn't on it long due to the extra beats

50mg of vyanse isn't cutting it, 70 makess me feel shitty sometimes, like anxious, cranky or something, while other times it is ok.

Both 50 and 70 also make me feel a bit sad here or there.

anyone know where to find how much equals how much for each of these?

#2 Guest_Vance_*

Guest_Vance_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:37 AM

20mg of vyvanse is equeal to 8.88mg of adderall. i dont know bout you, but vyvanse only seems to work for a short period of time for me. like 8 hours. and when i took adderall i felt like a smarter, more passionate, clean minded person. i have severe ADHD hyperimpulsive type ant taking vyvanse and i still have tics, irratability, impatiance, and lack of self management. as for when i was on adderall, i had none of that, or very low numbers of accurences. although i just started vyvanse with nothing in my system, so ill give it a month, and if that doesnt help, then im goin back to adderall. the reason i switched to vyvanse is because of the time was supposably 12 hours. id rather take 2 doses of adderall a day than one of vyvanse. its just not near as strong enough to help me.

#3 jenniferever

jenniferever

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:22 PM

Posted Image That sums up how I feel about Vyvanse at the moment. I was given the RX last week and my pdoc started me at 70mg. I hate this drug. I hate Shire for making it purely, in my opinion, to make money due to their loss of the Adderall XR patent. I was taking Adderall XR 60mg and Adderall IR 20mg in the afternoon. I told my pdoc that I wanted to switch to just regular Adderall IR 80mg a day (like I was before I had insurance) and he puts me on Vyvanse. This drug is doing nothing for my ADD. I have a job that requires attention to detail and I work with paperwork all day. Vyvanse it not cutting it. I have to call my pdoc and get back on Adderall or I fear I will loose my jobPosted Image .

DX: Bipolar II, Anxiety, ADD
RX: Effexor XR, Adderall XR, Adderall IR, Xanax, Nemenda

#4 SashaSue

SashaSue

Vulpes Bipolaris

• Pip
  • 4565 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:02 PM

If you aren't getting great results from either adderall or vyvanse, it might be time to try a different med entirely. Maybe talk to your pdoc about ritalin, provigil, or dexedrine.
Dx: Bipolar I, ADHD<br />
Rx: Seroquel, 800mg, Lamictal, 150mg, Effexor, 325mg, Wellbutrin, 450, Dexedrine ER, 60mg

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.