how often do you use xanax?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 nolies0justlove

nolies0justlove

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:13 PM

well..the question is in the subject. how often do you use it to chill you out? my pdoc tells me to use it for special occasions...but i've probably been using it's once or twice a week, at least. she prescribed it for me for anxiety/sleep.

also...she prescribed me 0.25's....and tells me to take 1/2-one tabs. honestly, i feel like it does nothing for me, even taking one, so i usually take 2. how much are each of you guys on? i've noticed a lot of people i know are prescribed 0.5's.

Amy.
Dx: depression, GAD, and a touch of BP.
Meds: Lamictal 175mg, Topamax 20mg, Effexor 37.5mg, Xanax 0.25mg

#2 flapdoodle

flapdoodle

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 06:08 PM

Rx 0.25s, 3 x per day as needed. 60 lasted me almost two months.

Needed means in the morning after I get to work (the cause of all the anxiety is nitwit boss and psycho cow-orkers). It helps me through the day without having my own private meltdown.

No need for them weekends, will be working from home soon so don't expect to need them there.

1 tab is enough to take the edge off, but it's real subtle. It's all I really need or want, not looking to get wasted (there are better / more healthy / legal ways to do that).

#3 Linsey

Linsey

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:35 AM

I take 1 mg about 3 or 4 times a day. I freak out daily. I know that is too often to take them, and my doc started abilify to help with my anxiety. So far it hasn't helped. I take niravam-it is xanax-quick rlease form
Diagnosis: GAD MDD tension headaches

Meds: Wellbutrin, niravam, ambien, abilify, fiorinal with codeine

#4 CrazySoprano

CrazySoprano

la la la...

• Pip
  • 979 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 05:32 AM

I take half a 0.5 mg pill about once or twice a week. I'm switching over to Ativan, though. It makes me nervous to be taking *the most addictive* benzo.

Your Mileage May Vary

DX: Major Depressive Disorder, Dysthymia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, soprano NOS
RX: Budeprion (Wellbutrin) XL 300 mg, Lexapro 5 mg, prenatal vitamins, chocolate
XRX: Atenolol, Ativan, Cymbalta, Inderal, Prozac, Xanax, Zoloft

misc: allergic to coffee, attempting to create a tiny human, unhealthy obsession with yarn and knitting, married to a fellow crazy

h1jgm4.png

#5 sf4410

sf4410

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:44 PM

I got 15 1MG tabs for panic/anxiety attacks. I take a quarter of a pill about twice a week, any more than that isnt pleasant for me
Me~ female, 30 years old
Married with one child

DX Bipolar II, OCD, ADD

RX Abilify 20, Seroquel 150, Ambien CR 12.5

RX Graveyard: Depakote ER, Divalproex Sodium, Paxil, Effexor XR (Brought on hypomania)

#6 chimpmaster

chimpmaster

Hairpants for hairpants :)

• Inmate
  • 1266 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:16 AM

I got 15 1MG tabs for panic/anxiety attacks. I take a quarter of a pill about twice a week, any more than that isnt pleasant for me

When i first started xanax, i was using around 3x1mg/day! Crazy i know. It was before CBT, psychotherapy and psychiatry led me down the right path.

Now I use diazpeam (valium) 10mg (about the equiv of .5mg xanax) a couple of times a week tops.

Dx : Schizophrenia, paranoid type with panic attacks. Obsessive Compulsive Personality Trait, epilepsy

Rx : 300mg Clozapine, 1500mg Keppera, 60mg Prozac, 160mg Zeldox, 4mg Reboxetine, 3 oxazepam morning and lunch, 3 in the evening
Ex Rx: Luvox, Paxil, Risperdel, Xanax, Seroquel, Abilify, Zyprexa, Tolvon, Mirtazapine, diazepam.

#7 JackBQuick

JackBQuick

WTF?!

• Pip
  • 485 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:22 PM

I use it pretty infrequently now that Lamictal seems to be helping reduce anxiety as well. I take a 0.25 tab two nights before a big match (where I know the sides, coaches and can pretty much expect a bloodbath if I'm not doing my job 300% of perfect). I can't take them the night before a match though because I'll be tired the next day.

The Cosmic Thumbnail: BPII, Tourette's Syndrome, and most of the attendant craptastica...
RX: Lamictal 300 mg. A buncha shit for pain, busted spine, shoulder, all that crap.

"You have to know your left from your right. You have to know what you're doing." Ken Wattanabe to me on a bad day in the dojo.

"No, not again, the line must be drawn here. This far, and no further!" Captain Jean Luc Picard, Star Trek: First Contact

#8 recoverymouse

recoverymouse

• Pip
  • 528 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:52 PM

benzos are a miracle drug with a dark side for those of us with substance abuse issues. doc won't let me anywhere near 'em (even though I never was addicted to that particular class of drugs).

#9 sf4410

sf4410

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:42 PM

I was in detox in February, and pdoc didnt want to give them to me at first. Once I proved myself responsible by not taking more than suggested, and tox screens, I can have a refill whenever I need them.
Me~ female, 30 years old
Married with one child

DX Bipolar II, OCD, ADD

RX Abilify 20, Seroquel 150, Ambien CR 12.5

RX Graveyard: Depakote ER, Divalproex Sodium, Paxil, Effexor XR (Brought on hypomania)

#10 wondernut

wondernut

disconcerted citizen

• Pip
  • 971 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:20 AM

I take 0.5mg every night

I wash more Xanax than I take because I always have a half tab in my pocket for security when I go out and then forget it is there ..I never take it during the day anymore but have to have one with me still it is my binky

but due to suffering still from a horrific grief period ..that tab at night is my salvation for now so I keep taking it and will until someone tells me to stop
wellbutrin, vit D, coffee, ibuprofen
xanax lick as needed

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.