• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 muffins37

muffins37

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:11 PM

delete this post

Edited by muffins37, 26 March 2011 - 10:01 AM.

#2 null0trooper

null0trooper

• Pip
  • 3928 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:17 PM

She's always been moody but now it's getting worse. it's not one week a month, it's all month long. everything is ok one second and at the slightest thing she snaps and gets angry. it's like walking in a minefield.

This is NOT going to end well.

1. Therapist. Both of you.
2. Learn to communicate with each other and show some respect for each other, or you are going to divorce court.

Proof once again that we are the only adventurers for whom the letters "AD&D" stand for "Attention Deficit Disorder" - Roy Greenhilt, Order of the Stick

Rule your own nation at Cyber Nations, A nation simulation game! Yes, I do waste spend a lot of time on it, especially the Viridian Entente's alliance boards.

#3 gracie

gracie

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:53 AM

Oh God yes: communicate, communicate, communicate!

Nothing else will do. Get some help, please. You can do it!

Gracie
I fucking hate those fucking right wing motherfuckers --Al Franken, US Senator Minnesota

DX: Nuts, BPII, Alcoholism (sobriety date: 11/01/07)
RX: Pristiq 50mg Abilify 5mg Lamictal 50mg Coreg CR 40mg Topamax 25mg
Previous RX: Sinequan Imipramine Prozac Zoloft Wellbutrin Straterra Effexor
Take your Omega-3 ya crazy kids!

#4 karuna

karuna

Lady Fanackerpan

• Inmate Emeritus
  • Pip
  • 3785 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:00 AM

Look at it from her point of view, she has finished Uni, she has nothing to occupy her, no status that comes from a degree or a job, and she has probably lost the social contact that studying brings. She is relying on you because that is all she might have.

Have you sat down and asked her how her life is at the moment, and what she plans to do now she has finished uni?
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to ones courage : Anais Nin

'The attainment of wholeness requires one to stake one's whole being. Nothing less will do; there can be no easier conditions, no substitutes, no compromises': Jung

DX: borderline personality disorder/bipolar/psychosis/trauma history
RX: Lithium and Seroquel

I have a blog at:

http://dedicationtor....wordpress.com/

Feel free to come leave input, read and heckle!

#5 celestia

celestia

• Pip
  • 3855 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:01 AM

she's always been moody but now it's getting worse. it's not one week a month, it's all month long. everything is ok one second and at the slightest thing she snaps and gets angry. it's like walking in a minefield.

Sorry if I missed this part, or if you asked her already, but, have you asked her what's wrong? Or like Karuna said, even just to say, "hey, what's up?" Sometimes a little kindness goes a long way. Maybe you can also tell her how you feel, but don't attack her or you will be doomed. Don't blindside her.
diagnoses: MDD/ADD/PTSD
Current meds: Wellbutrin 450/Lexapro 30

#6 Guest_Jack Jones_*

Guest_Jack Jones_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:20 PM

Take it from me - I've been there many times before and wasted a great deal of my life with the same type of person that you are now married to - I tried everything including giving up most everything to please that person and in the end I discovered that they will never ever think the same way as I do and any type of help that I tried only confirmed that she was nuts ! Some women are intelligent, caring and understanding of what the world is about - they call the " Realistic " and most women and men are " Grown Up " and live within reality - your wife never grew up in reality. Some peopl, Men & Women alike are just nuts - Leave before you have children, this is the best time to salvage your happiness and move on to a productive whole life and let her go find herself some place else - beleive me it's not worth it in the long run. There are so many sincerely good people out there it should be no problem as long as you look at things realistically as well, this time don't rush in to a relationship without knowing more about the other person.

#7 r2mnot

r2mnot

• Pip
  • 533 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:30 PM

I'm with Null0trooper. Therapy can really help. I've been married for 25 years and we have been through therapy several times, even when we were both ready to give up. Therapy has saved our marriage by teaching us how to communicate, which was the key to getting along.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-Dalai lama

#8 Guest_realintx_*

Guest_realintx_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:46 PM

I'm been married to a few. Yes, I said a few. First I thought it was me. OK. I have done the shrink bit and all with the ex's-- It's not me. I realize that I have horrible luck and I am attracted to the WRONG type. Bail while you can! Realize that if she is still your GF and you are having to deal with anger issues, expecially if she does not have problems with disrespecting you or your family by putting you down or argueing in public than you should get the heck out. I am stuck and the worse off for it with number 3. She is bi-polar and it is a living hell from day to day.

#9 reddog

reddog

• Pip
  • 1780 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:12 AM

perhaps we need to clarify...this is a first person support site for people who are mentally ill themselves, not a bitch about your mi spouse site.
3 words to save the economy: Gay Bridal Registry.
And, really, legalizing gay marriage is the right thing to do.

#10 karuna

karuna

Lady Fanackerpan

• Inmate Emeritus
  • Pip
  • 3785 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:15 AM

Guest,

In every relationship both parties screw up. I sincerely doubt you have honestly examined all your behaviour and been able to absolve yourself totally. Having bad luck is one thing, being attracted to the wrong type is the opposite (you're very much in control of you pick.)

Grow up and stop ragging on people who are ill when you have character flaws of your own.
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to ones courage : Anais Nin

'The attainment of wholeness requires one to stake one's whole being. Nothing less will do; there can be no easier conditions, no substitutes, no compromises': Jung

DX: borderline personality disorder/bipolar/psychosis/trauma history
RX: Lithium and Seroquel

I have a blog at:

http://dedicationtor....wordpress.com/

Feel free to come leave input, read and heckle!

#11 Guest_Pete_*

Guest_Pete_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:14 PM

Always Been Moody, Alyways Been Moody, Always will be Moody. Add hormones due to pregnancy you will have a basket-case. Trust me I am living proof. Bail Dude, while you can.

#12 crtclms

crtclms

Queen of Ergots

• Inmate
  • 9368 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:56 AM

Wow, is this the misogyny thread? Seriously, this is getting annoying. Your self-awareness is so poor that you repeatedly choose a type of woman whom you find annoying, only to then bitch about it? Piling on these unknown women, as if all women are the same is more an indicator of your faults than theirs. Sheesh.

Edited by crtclms, 21 December 2009 - 04:58 AM.

Dx: Bipolar 1; GAD; Migraine w/ Aura; Migraine w/o Aura; Renal Tubular Acidosis (caused by Zonegran); Status Migrainosus
Rx: Alprazolam; Botox; Buproprion; Dihydroergotomine via IV Infusion; Fish Oil; Flexeril; Lamotrigine; Latuda; Lithium; Metoclopramide; Midrin; Migranal; Potassium Citrate; Prilosec; Promethazine; Riboflavin; Tizanidine; Verapamil; Vitamin D3
Currently Shelved: Abilify; Amerge; Anaprox; Atenolol; Buspar; Cafergot; Cymbalta; Depakote; Di-Hydro-ergotamine, injected; Gabapentin; Geodon; Imitrex Tablets; Klonopin; Maxalt; Namenda; Nortriptyline; Norvasc; Propranolol; Prozac; Risperidone; Relpax; Sansert; Sumatriptan injectables; Tegretol; Trazadone; Zoloft; Zolpidem; Zomig; Zonegran

Affectations can be dangerous. -Gertrude Stein

I moderate the boards for Bipolar, Panic/Anxiety, Dissociative Disorders, Migraine, Neuropathic and Chronic Pain, Seizures, Not Otherwise Specified, Anticonvulsants, Side Effects, Family Feud, Relationships, and I Still Have Issues. Remember, I am not a medical professional. PM me if you have any questions

#13 olga

olga

Life is better when you bring home a furry pal

• Inmate
  • 10793 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:35 AM

Always Been Moody, Alyways Been Moody, Always will be Moody. Add hormones due to pregnancy you will have a basket-case. Trust me I am living proof. Bail Dude, while you can.

Well, Pete, I have a feeling that living with an immature, insensitive ass like you would make any woman "moody." Did you ever ask yourself if your behaviors and interactions may have contributed to her unhappiness?

No, of course not. So the answer is to "bail."

Love that mature response.

olga

I'm bossy, opinionated, and over 60, so be prepared for advice if you post a question. However, I am not a medical professional, so please consult a doctor about your mental health issues and medications.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Be with someone who ruins your lipstick---not your mascara.

#14 Caillech

Caillech

shaved pussy

• Pip
  • 637 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 12:37 PM

Thank you Olga.

I wanted to write that very thing, but didn't because maybe it's not my place?
You are here to enable the divine purpose of the universe to unfold. That is how important you are!
Eckhart Tolle

#15 mudpuppy

mudpuppy

Gone.

• Pip
  • 1696 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:29 PM

*shakes head*

Guys like this give the rest of us a bad name.

Lucas Silveira > Lady Gaga

Dx: Combat PTSD, Gender Identity Disorder, Traumatic Brain Injury, ADHD [Inattentive Type]

Rx: Wellbutrin XL 300mg, Buspar 10mg, Adderall 10mg [dose finding trial],
Testosterone Cypionate 50mg Q 10 Days IM, Testosterone Cream 4ml 1% PLO Gel PRN
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Gender Therapy, Integrative Psychotherapy

#16 olga

olga

Life is better when you bring home a furry pal

• Inmate
  • 10793 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:34 PM

Caillech, you have as much right to express an opinion here at CB as I do. Most of the time when I post, I'm posting as middle-aged-woman-wife-feminist-depressed broad-domestic goddess-stepmother or whatever role is the appropriate one. The only time I step in as a moderator is if I think a topic is spinning out of control and going nowhere.

Write on!

olga

I'm bossy, opinionated, and over 60, so be prepared for advice if you post a question. However, I am not a medical professional, so please consult a doctor about your mental health issues and medications.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Be with someone who ruins your lipstick---not your mascara.

#17 Guest_Ralph_*

Guest_Ralph_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:50 PM

Take it from me - I've been there many times before and wasted a great deal of my life with the same type of person that you are now married to - I tried everything including giving up most everything to please that person and in the end I discovered that they will never ever think the same way as I do and any type of help that I tried only confirmed that she was nuts ! Some women are intelligent, caring and understanding of what the world is about - they call the " Realistic " and most women and men are " Grown Up " and live within reality - your wife never grew up in reality. Some peopl, Men & Women alike are just nuts - Leave before you have children, this is the best time to salvage your happiness and move on to a productive whole life and let her go find herself some place else - beleive me it's not worth it in the long run. There are so many sincerely good people out there it should be no problem as long as you look at things realistically as well, this time don't rush in to a relationship without knowing more about the other person.

#18 isis

isis

• Pip
  • 807 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:55 PM

I'm not married, but I'm in a committed relationship. Marriage is something you enter in to for life, or at least thats what its *supposed* to be, regardless of religion or no religion. And things don't always work out for the best, and people change, and all that stuff. Everyone is human, everyone has needs and wants, gets grumpy. If you love someone enough to marry them, it seems reasonable and fair that you would respect them and your relationship enough to work with her on improving it. A lot of marriages seem to fall apart when the people in them don't care or try hard enough to put them back together.

having said that, not all things work perfectly and not every problem has a perfect solution. I am not trying to suggest to those who are already divorced that it was wrong, its not my place. Everyone has their own decisions to make.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost. H. Jackson Browne
dx: bipolar
rx: pristiq 250mg, tegretol 600mg, propranolol 20mg
ex-rx: valproate, lithium, edronax, lovan, propranolol, seroquel, pericyazine (and short trials of risperdal and abilify) lamictal, tegretol, zeldox, effexor

#19 Guest_Marco_*

Guest_Marco_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2010 - 04:17 PM

i've been married for 3 years now and i was happy about it but not long ago things started going crazy. she is really needy, i work hard (40+ hours a week depending on lots of stuff). now, when i get home, i absolutely have to spend every minute with her. if i make the mistake of playing on my computer, she will start to whine about me ignoring her. the hardest part is that she just finished her university session and doesnt have a job right now. more importantly, she never had a ''real'' job making me think she doesnt understand what it is to work hard all day and to have to entertain some all evening long.�

she's always been moody but now it's getting worse. it's not one week a month, it's all month long. everything is ok one second and at the slightest thing she snaps and gets angry. it's like walking in a minefield.�

i dont know how to work it out, iam starting to think about moving out, i just cant stand it anymore.

if anyone has been there or has a good advice, i would really appreciate it.

#20 Guest_Dov_*

Guest_Dov_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:32 AM

Get the hell out I wish I did.

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.