Photo
- - - - -

Can't remember if I took my Lexapro today - advice requested!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 elcamino

elcamino

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:39 PM

I have been taking 10mg of Lexapro daily for about 5 months. I can't remember if I took my pill today. Should I expect any negative effects if I end up not taking it for one day? I am paranoid as I have read lots of stuff on the internet about Lexapro withdrawl. Don't want to double-dose though as I imagine that could cause some issues as well.
Thanks for any advice!

#2 olga

olga

Life is better when you bring home a furry pal

• Inmate
  • 9966 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:53 PM

If it is evening where you are, and you normally take it in the morning, I would wait and take your regular dose with breakfast. Put the bottle right on the kitchen table so you don't forget!

If you are only a few hours past when you usually take it, you could take it right now.

I think if you read the Patient Information sheet, it will give you the recommendation for what to do when you miss a dose. That might be more reassuring than anything we suggest.

olga

I'm bossy, opinionated, and over 60, so be prepared for advice if you post a question. However, I am not a medical professional, so please consult a doctor about your mental health issues and medications.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Forgiveness is a strange thing. It can sometimes be easier to forgive our enemies than our friends. It can be hardest of all to forgive people we love. Like all of life's important coping skills, the ability to forgive and the capacity to let go of resentments most likely take root very early in our lives.”
― Fred Rogers

#3 Velvet Elvis

Velvet Elvis

The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering.

• Admin
  • 12512 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:54 PM

You can skip a day of any of the SSRIs and be fine.

De-gnosis: ADD, recurrent depression (or maybe bpII in the guise of such), Asperger's, OCD, social anxiety
Today's Pill Menu: Dexedrine, Wellbutrin (Budeprion), Strattera, Celexa, Risperdal, and clonazepam

Like other moderators and staff of crazyboards.org, I am not a health care professional. You have no way of knowing that I am not talking out my ass. Please do your own homework before making any health related decisions.

Buy me Stuff: Amazon Wishlist

#4 Deepster

Deepster

• Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:15 PM

I have been taking 10mg of Lexapro daily for about 5 months. I can't remember if I took my pill today. Should I expect any negative effects if I end up not taking it for one day? I am paranoid as I have read lots of stuff on the internet about Lexapro withdrawl. Don't want to double-dose though as I imagine that could cause some issues as well.
Thanks for any advice!

If memory serves me correct, when in doubt, only take the "next" scheduled" dose. Taking a double dose of some meds can cause "psychosis"....just ask me....LOL! These are meds that build up in your body/brain, so "skipping" a dose is not a big issue, but "doubling up" could cause major probs!

Let it rest. Take the next "scheduled" dosa, and you shoul be fine!

Regards,
Deepster

#5 Velvet Elvis

Velvet Elvis

The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering.

• Admin
  • 12512 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:19 PM

Thanks for any advice!

If memory serves me correct, when in doubt, only take the "next" scheduled" dose. Taking a double dose of some meds can cause "psychosis"....just ask me....LOL! These are meds that build up in your body/brain, so "skipping" a dose is not a big issue, but "doubling up" could cause major probs!

Regards,
Deepster

Considering some people taking 20mgs a day, accidentally taking 10mgs twice wouldn't cause psychosis.

Just like you have to take SSRIs for a long period of time for them to do anything you have to stop taking them for a while before you'll notice a problem. Discontinuation syndrome doesn't kick in until you've been off it for several days.

De-gnosis: ADD, recurrent depression (or maybe bpII in the guise of such), Asperger's, OCD, social anxiety
Today's Pill Menu: Dexedrine, Wellbutrin (Budeprion), Strattera, Celexa, Risperdal, and clonazepam

Like other moderators and staff of crazyboards.org, I am not a health care professional. You have no way of knowing that I am not talking out my ass. Please do your own homework before making any health related decisions.

Buy me Stuff: Amazon Wishlist

#6 lorieheart

lorieheart

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:33 PM

Thanks for any advice!

Regards,
Deepster

Considering some people taking 20mgs a day, accidentally taking 10mgs twice wouldn't cause psychosis.

Just like you have to take SSRIs for a long period of time for them to do anything you have to stop taking them for a while before you'll notice a problem. Discontinuation syndrome doesn't kick in until you've been off it for several days.

I do the "Did I take my pill today" thing every other morning!
I've decided to buy an old lady pill dispenser for myself so that I never forget again, and I can add my lady vitamins in the little compartments with them!
I am sure Ive skipped a day or two and more then likely taken 2 pills in one day over the last 7 years on Paxil.
I'm still alive! so you should be ok!

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.