Photo
- - - - -

Lamictal: $25 off/6 months Savings Card (link)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 meg

meg

• Pip
  • 790 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:19 PM

Found a fantastic coupon/savings card on my Pdoc's 'pile of drug company propaganda pamphlets' table for $25 off Lamictal for 6 months--- I wanted to pick up a bunch of them from my pdoc and see if y'all wanted me to send them out to you, lol, but she ran out so I thought I'd see if the same card was available online. She thought this was a great idea too (yay for good Pdocs).

So here's what I found:

A card to save $25 for each of your next 6 Lamictal Rx's (so $150 total if you qualify):
https://www.lamictal...ial_savings.jsp

Now, in the real, legal terms and conditions (click on 'eligibility requirements') that are printed on the card it does not say anything about this only being for Epilepsy patients, even though it says that in the FAQ. The same offer isn't on the other 'half' of their website for Bipolar patients.

I don't even take it for bipolar, I take it for depression ;) but I'm not breaking any rules and I most certainly could use an extra $150 over the next 6 months. I told my pdoc to write 'brand specific' so they don't give me that horrible generic 'mylan' version that gave me headaches for a month+ and cost me $10 for that privilege whereas I am now spending $0 for my wonderful brand name Lamictal.

Unfortunately, it has all of the usual restrictions, no Federal programs, etc. but does work on most co-pays with regular Rx coverage. Thought I'd share since I think the pinned Lamictal coupon is out of date, and this one is a better deal anyway :)

HTHS,
m

Ps- Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, I didn't see it and tried a few searches.

warning: I often write novels vs. posts-- please skim if you need to, just don't get scared off by the quantity of babble!

• me: am 22 years old (feel about 90 sometimes), am a photographer (just finished my degree!) and makeup artist
  • dx: april'07: "mdd and adhd (inattentive)," mid'08: tack on "hyper-somnolence" (ie: meg sleeps too much)
  • mdd rx: wellbutrin xl 450mg, zoloft (sertraline) 150mg, lamictal 100mg
    • dec'07: depression is IN REMISSION. I don't believe it either! I <3 you, lamictal.
    • jan'09: just finished up my first year without depression, since, uh, 4th grade? I'm proof that stability can happen- please hang in there.
  • other rx: adderall xr 20mg in the am + 20mg regular later (for unexplained fatigue)
    • atenalol 25mg (beta-blocker for hand tremors that I get from lamictal)

"And when finally the bottom fell out
I became withdrawn,
The only thing I knew how to do
Was to keep on keepin'on like a bird that flew,
Tangled up in blue."

- Bob Dylan "Tangled up in Blue"

#2 Maddy

Maddy

Shadow of nothing

• Inmate Emeritus
  • Pip
  • 3970 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 04:06 PM

Thanks for sharing the link.
Don't worry about posting extra, we'd just merge it.
It's all good, we're all about saving $$$.
Thanks again.
I passed this link on to one of my pals that takes it for seizures that isn't on this board.

I <3 my meds!
DX: undifferentiated schizophrenia
RX: Fanapt, Topamax, Ativan, Celexa

Past RX: Paxil, Prozac, Zoloft, Lexapro, Remeron, Strattera, Trazodone, Lamictal, Neurontin, Depakote, Lithium, Vistaril, Buspar, Clonidine, Tegretol, Gabitril, Keppra, Depakene, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Haldol, Abilify, Saphris, Adderall, Valium, Primidone. I know there are others I've forgotten over the years.
Boards I mod: Schizophrenia & Various Psychoses, Hormone & Glandular Problems, any others as needed.

#3 chipmunk

chipmunk

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

FYI there is still an active coupon for Lamictal: https://www.lamictal...ving_offer.html. I filled out the info and said I was NOT taking it for bipolar, they apparently don't care.

It is for up to $40 off per refill, up to 12 refills, until 12/31/2013. Nice!! :D
DX with depression, ADHD, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.