• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 The Emperor

The Emperor

Is there a hole for me to get sick in?

• Pip
  • 3728 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:51 PM

Well I have an upcoming appt. with my p-doc on wednesday in which I plan to discuss the ways Remeron ISN'T doing anything for my anxiety yet.

And I have NO IDEA why I am still taking the BuSpar, I figured I'd give it a fair trial up to 60mg p/d, so I'll go ALL the way up to 60 per day for a few weeks before tossing that out.

But I still obsess over shit that causes anxiety (health issues lately) any time something that would freak me out for a moment pops into my head. I am pretty much very anxious half the time.

The half of today it was really difficult to function because I kept thinking something is wrong with my breathing and I kept having to check and make sure it was okay, and my pulse was okay and doing all this weird shit and I couldn't think of hardly anything else. It's pissing me off. I think I'm probably fine, just fucking crazy.

I still get anxious as hell in public for no apparent reason and anytime I leave the house. I mean it's fucking bad.

And klonopin helps me quite a bit, but I don't know if he'll want me taking that as much as I do now forever. I would love to, it helps keep me feeling normal!

So I am still experiencing ALL of the symptoms I had when I started the Remeron.

My mood has, however, been pretty stable the past few days.

I've tried zoloft, but only made it a week on that before I was so anxious I honestly believed it would be to my benefit to be hauled away to some area and put in a straight jacket. I couldn't sleep and was spaced out and sedated feeling as hell but still anxious and started thinking about suicide as an end to this stupid anxiety.

So that was bad.

So based on that, should I be reluctant to try another SSRI? I hear they are good for anxiety, but zoloft fucked me up and I'd be a bit scared to try another one. Does that mean I would react that way to ALL SSRI drugs? I'm confused.

Or maybe try a month upping the Remeron to 30mg p/day. Fuck I don't know. I just want this shit to go away. It fucking sucks.

All right, I'm done. Just don't know what to do next, I know there's plenty of shit left out there yet for me to try. Which is a relief and also frustrating because I am SERIOUSLY hoping I don't have to try it all.

What the docs wrote down about my Crazy: Bipolar II, Some anxiety issue
The pills they give me to fix this shit: Lamictal 175mg, clonazepam 1mg , Trileptal 600mg
Pills that did NOT fix this shit: Sertraline, Buspirone, Mirtazipine, Paroxetine, Gabapentin, Effexor XR, Lorazepam, Cymbalta(twice), Zolpidem, Bupropion XL, Pristiq, Fluoxetine, Vistaril, Lexapro, Celexa, Trazodone, Geodon

Pills that worked well enough but side effects were total shit so I stopped: Abilify, Lithium, valium

sun moon stars rain

#2 tryp

tryp

DBT = Diary Card Bingo

• Inmate
  • 6861 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:56 PM

Hey Emperor,

Sorry to hear you're still feeling junky.

When I took Remeron, it was VERY good for my anxiety. Of course, I was severely depressed at the time, which is also very good for my anxiety (funnily enough), so it's hard to tell what was what.

Anyway, my pdoc started me at 30 mg - I would try going there for a while before you give up on the med, especially since you're worried about SSRIs. 15 mg is pretty low. I went up to 45, though I think going that high wasn't beneficial, I'd still try the 30.

About SSRIs, some are more calming than others, I think, and I'm pretty sure Zoloft has a reputation for making some people more anxious. You could probably try one other one, and if they both do it to you, maybe try a non-SSRI.

Anyway, I'd go up on the Remeron first, if it were me.

Dx: Complex PTSD
Tx: Lamictal (250) + prazosin (7.5) + "therapy"

#3 Mayteana

Mayteana

Normal is just a setting on the washing machine.

• Inmate Emeritus
  • Pip
  • 1397 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:38 PM

If it's any help, I did a few rounds with some of the SSRI's. The one that made me the nuttiest was Zoloft. SSRI's can be good for anxiety. I vote to not give up on the rest of them because Zoloft is evil.

You can also always try going up on the Remeron and see how you feel with it. Remeron is a different kind of AD, so if at some point you are sure it isn't helping at all there's stil lots of options.

Ooh, have you started on your list of what you want to talk to the pdoc about??

~ May

When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Perhaps to be too practical is madness. To surrender dreams - this may be madness. To seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness. And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be.

-Don Quioxite, The Man of La Mancha

#4 The Emperor

The Emperor

• Pip
  • 3728 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:52 PM

Thanks guys. At least 30mg will be less sedating, don't know if that's a good or bad thing right now.

Yeah, I hated zoloft. That scared the piss out of me.

Stupid list, yeah, I need to work on that. It grows larger everday, now I'm pretty sure I have some weird mood thing that I have to bring up. So, YAY! I'm way too fucking crazy and pretty much hate it.

Sorry, today sucked ass. I'll try not to blog as it will probably embarass me later.

The pills they give me to fix this shit: Lamictal 175mg, clonazepam 1mg , Trileptal 600mg
Pills that did NOT fix this shit: Sertraline, Buspirone, Mirtazipine, Paroxetine, Gabapentin, Effexor XR, Lorazepam, Cymbalta(twice), Zolpidem, Bupropion XL, Pristiq, Fluoxetine, Vistaril, Lexapro, Celexa, Trazodone, Geodon

Pills that worked well enough but side effects were total shit so I stopped: Abilify, Lithium, valium

sun moon stars rain

#5 maybetinymaybesad

maybetinymaybesad

• Pip
  • 205 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:17 AM

you could try paxil. it has the reputation of being the least activating, according to my psychiatrist.
dx: substance dependence and mood/anxiety issues
rx: paxil, abilify, baclofen

#6 danceintherain

danceintherain

• Pip
  • 1082 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:55 AM

I found during round 1 (as you can tell by my signature, this recent round changed everything) that Remeron helped w/ sleep and mildly helped with depression, but not very much. I had been having such trouble with sleep that we decided to keep it around for that effect and to try a different SSRI for the depression/anxiety combo.

I had no response whatsoever to Zoloft. That said, I had a pretty great response to Lexapro during Round 2...we just eventually stopped it when it didn't completely fix things and I was already on other stuff. It didn't do enough, but it was infinitely different from zoloft. So I would think that trying another SSRI doesn't sound incredibly strange--I don't know them well enough to think of one over the other, but a pdoc would.

Is it a constant underlying anxiety, or does it spike? If it's more the constant presence, that might be why they're trying to go the SSRI route. The benzos might be worth exploring at some point or until you get relief from the AD.
bipolar I ish. Used to have some ptsd-like crap, but that's resolved.

current RXs: Ativan (1 mg), Lamictal (300mg, split); WellbutrinXL (150mg); geodon (20mgs w/ food). Also levothyroxine (75 mcg), levosertralizine, and
birth control.

Past Rxs: zoloft (like a sugar pill); lexapro (hit an akathesia problem or something else nasty like that); seroquel; ambien; sonata (all worked at different points in time, just changed for different reasons); effexorXR (wonderful for helping to yank me out of an episode; stopped after a few years b/c it seemed to be causing some agitation).

#7 recoverymouse

recoverymouse

• Pip
  • 528 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:04 AM

15 mg of remeron is a small dose

i take 90. this is the mav but the effects are still subtle.

#8 tryp

tryp

DBT = Diary Card Bingo

• Inmate
  • 6861 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:48 AM

Emperor,

Since you've responded badly to a couple SSRIs, have you thought about trying Remeron at a higher dose? I know you came off it, but you could always go back on.

Tryp

#9 The Emperor

The Emperor

• Pip
  • 3728 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:13 PM

Wow, this got brought back up.

mybetiny: LOL- I tried paroxetine for a couple of days and it made me feel CRAZY, just like the sertraline, though it seemed to happen quicker with paxil, unfortunately, because I did want an SSRI to work for me.

dance- it's both kinds of freaking anxiety, it sucks. I don't know now, after the same scary experience with 2 different SSRI's, that I would be willing to try another one. I've been on klonopin for about four months now, it certainly helps. I don't know when it's going to be taken away from me though

tryp- yes, I think discontinuing the Remeron was a little rash on p-docs part, because I said it made me a little bit snappy, so I could mention going up to 30mg with him the next time I see him- in late July!

I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow to discuss the Buspirone an Clonazepam situation, so we'll see how that goes.

I am frustrated with this already.

sun moon stars rain

#10 tryp

tryp

DBT = Diary Card Bingo

• Inmate
  • 6861 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:16 PM

Late JULY? Arg. Keep calling and try to get on the cancellation list. Two months is a long ass time to wait.

Hope things go well with GP - let us know.

Sorry things are so frustrating ;)

#11 The Emperor

The Emperor

• Pip
  • 3728 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:19 PM

Yeah I know, it sucks I have to wait that long, but then I just figure that I just have anxiety, there are probably people with real problems that want to get in there too.

So I'll wait, I went 22 years without treatment, I can wait some more.

sun moon stars rain

#12 tryp

tryp

DBT = Diary Card Bingo

• Inmate
  • 6861 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:22 PM

You "just" have anxiety? I DO read your blog, remember? ;) Your anxiety is a real problem and you deserve to be seen a little quicker than that, especially when you're in the middle of a med change.

Since you have two docs working on your meds, can you maybe talk to GP about the Remeron?

Edited by tryp, 31 May 2009 - 12:23 PM.

#13 The Emperor

The Emperor

• Pip
  • 3728 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:38 PM

Yeah, I might talk to her about that, I'm not sure what GP's are allowed to RX as far as crazymeds go, I think it's limited, but I'm certain AD's are in there because I got sertraline from her.

I'll tell her what all we've been through since I saw her the last time. I actually just wanted to see a p-doc so that my sweet, cute little GP didn't have to worry about my mental problems and the LONG ASS appointments that probably run into her lunch break that go with them. But it seems like p-doc still wants GP to RX meds for me.

Well, I had also wanted to see someone more qualified to treat and diagnose me. But now I don't see how this is even necessary anymore and I don't really like him. So whatever, I will certainly talk to her about all this shit though.

Yeah, I thought it WAS a little bit sucky that he'd RX me another SSRI knowing I wouldn't be back there for two months and that this PROBABLY isn't going to work out. But oh well.

sun moon stars rain

#14 tryp

tryp

DBT = Diary Card Bingo

• Inmate
  • 6861 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:44 PM

Your pdoc seems like a bit of a tool. I wouldn't give up on pdocs entirely, but this one in particular sounds not-so-competent.

As for what GPs can prescribe, I don't know where you are, but here I'm pretty sure they can prescribe whatever they feel comfortable prescribing. I think it's definitely worth talking to her about the Remeron, especially since you've been on it before, so you know it probably isn't going to majorly eff you up.

I hope things go well with your GP - glad to hear you're planning to hash the whole thing out.

#15 maybetinymaybesad

maybetinymaybesad

• Pip
  • 205 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:17 PM

hmm maybe in the future you will need to try an AAP for the anxiety.
dx: substance dependence and mood/anxiety issues
rx: paxil, abilify, baclofen

#16 The Emperor

The Emperor

• Pip
  • 3728 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:19 PM

Again, this only makes me laugh because p-doc wanted to put me on seroquel, but my insurance wouldn't cover it and that stuff costs more than cocaine(I'm sure, never really purchased it or anything) so I couldn't afford it. I don't know what my insurance WILL cover as far as AAP's go, we'll have to see I guess.

sun moon stars rain

#17 bud is god given mane

bud is god given mane

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:56 PM

man iam right there with you. im on remeron and celexa and those dont do a motherfucking thing. in 4 weeks ill be on klonopin at least. people wonder why people self medicate? wtf its fuckin obvious, theres drugs out there that make u feel so happy compared to these shit pills. for real. why do people hate against the herb. its one of the best expieriences ive had and its made me the happiest any med has ever made me. but gotten me in so much trouble. in my heart i can tell what is good and what works for me. im 17 years old and have been suicidal for 4 years and depressed all my damn life so fucking EXCUSE ME for seeking relief from a god given plant. holy shit. when will this world open its eyes.

#18 The Emperor

The Emperor

• Pip
  • 3728 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:41 PM

I always love seeing my old topics dredged up and then responded to with something semi-related but then hardly at all.

sun moon stars rain

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.