• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 netsavy006

netsavy006

I'm Andy

• Pip
  • 2158 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:42 PM

I have started seeing shadows of bugs and things of the sort. I'm thinking that instead of remaining on Zyprexa, I should make the move like my doctor said over to Clozaril. What do you guys think? I would go higher with the Zyprexa but it causes EPS and I went through the entire PI sheet of Clozaril and didn't find that it causes the same EPS side effects as other antipsychotics do.

Edited by netsavy006, 29 May 2009 - 03:44 PM.

- Andy -
Dx: Asperger's + Schizoaffective Disorder - Bipolar Type + Panic Disorder w/o Agoraphobia
Rx: Lithium 900mg + Xanax 0.5mg QID + Celexa 10mg + Clozaril 325mg + Propranolol 10mg TID + Centrum + Fish Oil

#2 netsavy006

netsavy006

I'm Andy

• Pip
  • 2158 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 03:05 PM

Today I saw stuff in the library. I saw people as if they were moving a mattress, saw a hospital gurney 2 or 3 times, and a bookshelf. Yesterday I told Mom I was seeing things again and today I told her I saw more stuff in the library. I sure hope I can see my pdoc on Monday to let her know I'd like to start on the Clozaril. What do you guys think?

I've taken: Zyprexa (on now), Seroquel, Risperdal, Invega, and Abilify

- Andy -
Dx: Asperger's + Schizoaffective Disorder - Bipolar Type + Panic Disorder w/o Agoraphobia
Rx: Lithium 900mg + Xanax 0.5mg QID + Celexa 10mg + Clozaril 325mg + Propranolol 10mg TID + Centrum + Fish Oil

#3 gizmo

gizmo

Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it.

• Pip
  • 3826 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 03:50 PM

Think about this, Andy. You won't take Geodon because it has a small chance of QT prolongation, yet you want to get on a med that not only makes you drool, it also gives you an increased chance of agranulocytosis, seizures, and... let me see... myocarditis and orthostatic hypotension.

I'm not getting it. Why does Clozaril sound appealing to you, given your history and your habit of obsessing over drug interactions and reactions?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Geodon would fix the visual hallucinations. I'm just thinking that a drug with such big time effects may not be best suited to your paticular personality and MI.

I'll watch for an update to see how things go with the pdoc. I really do hope you find a med that gets you feeling better soon. Seeing things is not fun.
Diagnosis: BP I with Psychotic Features, GAD, ADHD, Chronic Migraines, various physical stuff.
Meds Currently On: Depakote 2000 mg, Risperdal 8 mg, Latuda 80 mg, Prozac 60 mg, Vyvanse 70 mg, Propranolol 40 mg BID, Klonopin 2 mg BID PRN
Meds Sort-Of Mental Related: Lipitor 40 mg, Zofran 4 mg PRN, Fioricet PRN, Stadol PRN, Botox received on 8/16/13

I post on an iPhone, so please forgive grammatical errors or strange word inclusions. It's the auto correct!

#4 netsavy006

netsavy006

I'm Andy

• Pip
  • 2158 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 04:14 PM

Why does Clozaril sound appealing to you?

Clozaril I know is for those in which other antipsychotics fail to help.

I've been on several without sucess: Zyprexa, Seroquel, Risperal, Invega, and Abilify

I know that it it has scary side effects, but I feel that the benefits of reduced 'psychosis' far outways the possible side effects that Clozaril has. I've read the entire PI sheet and feel that I have to give Clozaril a shot. I know it won't be fun having to go for weekly bloodwork and having to titrate the medication initially but I feel that in the end it will be worth it.

My pdoc has suggested several times before that I take this medication actually so I think it's time I do the right thing and give it a chance to work for me.

Edited by netsavy006, 30 May 2009 - 04:15 PM.

- Andy -

#5 netsavy006

netsavy006

I'm Andy

• Pip
  • 2158 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:00 PM

Saw the pdoc today. I mentioned of the seeing of bugs on Friday. I mentioned of seeing the things I mentioned on Saturday. I told her about seeing the bugs on my arms on Sunday. We spoke (Mom, Doc, and I). The final decision (though I don't like) is for the Zyprexa to be raised to 10mg for 2 days until I see another pdoc on 6/3 to discuss my antipsychotic options. I hope that the 10mg of Zyprexa doesn't make me akathisic because it did in the past, but my pdoc said if that happens then go back to 7.5mg. I just hope that the 2nd pdoc that I was originally scheduled to see will allow me to start on the Clozaril. My options mentioned by my current pdoc are either Geodon, Clozaril, or Haldol Decanoate. Feeling treatment resistant at this point (having failed 5 antipsychotics) I feel Clozaril would best suit my needs. From the Geodon website I read it could make you restless, and I have a history of restlessness with medications (Invega and Abilify), and the Haldol Decanoate I am refuting because I don't want to have a reaction and it be in my system for 4 weeks or however long the medicine stays in the system.

- Andy -

#6 gizmo

gizmo

Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it.

• Pip
  • 3826 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:58 PM

I got akathesia four times out of four tries on abilify, but geodon never gave me a whiff of akathesia. To be honest with you, it was quite sedating to me at all doses, from 40 mg up to 160 mg. But that's not a common reaction, to be sure. So never say never with the geodon. Not saying it will be the drug for you, just saying don't count it out before you try it.

I've been given a healthy dose of haldol (in ER settings) when I've been manic, and it's mellowed me out and calmed me down. There are some people on this board who take haldol and it's been very, very beneficial to them. Maybe contact one of them for some practical application advice before writing off a drug you haven't tried.

Again, you worry about every possible side effect of meds and want to go with such a harsh AP?
Diagnosis: BP I with Psychotic Features, GAD, ADHD, Chronic Migraines, various physical stuff.
Meds Currently On: Depakote 2000 mg, Risperdal 8 mg, Latuda 80 mg, Prozac 60 mg, Vyvanse 70 mg, Propranolol 40 mg BID, Klonopin 2 mg BID PRN
Meds Sort-Of Mental Related: Lipitor 40 mg, Zofran 4 mg PRN, Fioricet PRN, Stadol PRN, Botox received on 8/16/13

I post on an iPhone, so please forgive grammatical errors or strange word inclusions. It's the auto correct!

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.