• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 thunderstorm

thunderstorm

warning: contents under pressure

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 11:13 PM

So I know that seroquel quite often causes a massive increase in appetite, but since starting it again a few days ago, I've barely been able to eat. The thought of food is repellant, and any that I can convince myself to eat makes me incredibly nauseated.

Has anyone experienced this particular side effect? Last time I tried it, I was eating my heart out. I'm hoping it will settle down soon, but in the meantime, a girl needs nutrients, and I absolutely do not want this to go on for any longer than it has to.

Any helpful tips on what to do while i wait to see my Pdoc? Food suggestions? Im going to grab some nuts, V8 juice and the like, as apparently 'salty' is OK with my brain and stomach...
(my appointment is about 2 weeks away, and I cant not take the seroquel after having a bit of a nasty episode recently)

Edit: I probably should mention that I've had several periods of disordered eating in my life, and I DO NOT want to slip back into that mindframe :/

Edited by thunderstorm, 13 June 2009 - 03:48 AM.

Dx: BPI, ultra-rapid cycling flavour; anxiety
Currently nyomming down on: 1500mg epilim, 200mg Lamictal, 3000mg of fish oil, 100mg seroquel XR, 15mg imovane.
mmm, cocktaily.

#2 Inspired_Neurosis

Inspired_Neurosis

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 603 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:03 AM

So I know that seroquel quite often causes a massive increase in appetite, but since starting it again a few days ago, I've barely been able to eat. The thought of food is repellant, and any that I can convince myself to eat makes me incredibly nauseated.

Has anyone experienced this particular side effect? Last time I tried it, I was eating my heart out. I'm hoping it will settle down soon, but in the meantime, a girl needs nutrients, and I absolutely do not want this to go on for any longer than it has to.

Any helpful tips on what to do while i wait to see my Pdoc? Food suggestions? Im going to grab some nuts, V8 juice and the like, as apparently 'salty' is OK with my brain and stomach...
(my appointment is about 2 weeks away, and I cant not take the seroquel after having a bit of a nasty episode recently)

Edit: I probably should mention that I've had several periods of disordered eating in my life, and I DO NOT want to slip back into that mindframe :/

I never had an appetite off of or on Seroquel. But I understand what you mean. Today I felt disgusted with all three of my meals, and was unable to finish any of them in spite of massive effort.

#3 thunderstorm

thunderstorm

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:26 AM

I *love* food - Im a total foodie. This is a nightmare!
Currently nyomming down on: 1500mg epilim, 200mg Lamictal, 3000mg of fish oil, 100mg seroquel XR, 15mg imovane.
mmm, cocktaily.

#4 Phoenix_Rising

Phoenix_Rising

Medicated for your safety

• Inmate
  • 3693 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:59 AM

Hey thunderstorm,

You're not alone in your loss of appetite on seroquel. Check out this thread:

http://www.crazyboar...roquel appetite

Peace,
Phoenix

Current Dx: BPII, GAD, OCD and PTSD

Other crap: sleep apnea and diabetes type II

Rx: Prozac 20 mg; Zyprexa 15 mg; Gabapentin 1200 mg; Vyvanse 100 mg;  Klonopin 2 mg and prn; Lithium 900 mg; Meformin 2000 mg; Metropolol 200 mg; Premarin .625 mg  Insulin 19 mg

>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me? Crazy?  I should get down off this unicorn and slap you.

_________________________________________________________________________________

I am not a mental health care professional, please seek out a professional's advice.

#5 thunderstorm

thunderstorm

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:47 AM

Doh! How did I miss that?

Thanks ;)

Still no appetite. Food still making me nauseous. Blergh.
mmm, cocktaily.

#6 chimpmaster

chimpmaster

Hairpants for hairpants :)

• Inmate
  • 1265 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:19 AM

Doh! How did I miss that?

Thanks ;)

Still no appetite. Food still making me nauseous. Blergh.

I suspect its an early side effect which will pass. Give it 4-6 weeks. When is your next dr appointment?

Dx : Schizophrenia, paranoid type with panic attacks. Obsessive Compulsive Personality Trait.

Rx : 300mg Clozapine, 1500mg Keppera, 60mg Prozac, 120mg Zeldox, 4mg Reboxetine, 2 oxazepam morning and lunch, 3 in the evening
Ex Rx: Luvox, Paxil, Risperdel, Xanax, Seroquel, Abilify, Zyprexa, Tolvon, Mirtazapine, diazepam.

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.