• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 stable not balanced

stable not balanced

Kathryn

• Pip
  • 657 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:28 PM

I am on 10 mg zolpidem and was wondering if i could split it in half for 5 mgs? i know you can't split ambien cr, but am not sure about the zolpidem.

thank you for your response!
Bipolar I - one major episode (all about love and compassion)
Meds: 150 Lamictal, 900 Lithium, 60 Citalopram, .88 Levothyroxine, .5 xanax prn

There's got to be a morning after
If we can hold on through the night
We have a chance to find the sunshine
Let's keep on lookin' for the light

Oh, can't you see the morning after?
It's waiting right outside the storm
Why don't we cross the bridge together
And find a place that's safe and warm?

It's not too late, we should be giving
Only with love can we climb
It's not too late, not while we're living
Let's put our hands out in time

"The Morning After" Maureen McGovern

#2 The Emperor

The Emperor

Is there a hole for me to get sick in?

• Pip
  • 3651 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:36 PM

I would assume that you can, as long as it is in tablet form and not a capsule. There's other factors, however, like time release and whatnot, so to be certain, I'd just make a call to your pharmacist and ask.

I'm about to start taking it and was wondering the same thing.

What the docs wrote down about my Crazy: Bipolar II or NOS, GAD, ED-NOS
The pills they give me to fix this shit: Lamictal 175mg, diazepam 5mg , Trileptal 600mg
Pills that did NOT fix this shit: Sertraline, Buspirone, Mirtazipine, Paroxetine, Gabapentin, Effexor XR, Lorazepam, Cymbalta(twice), Zolpidem, Bupropion XL, Pristiq, Fluoxetine, Vistaril, clonazepam, Lexapro, Celexa, Trazodone, Geodon

Pills that worked well enough but side effects were total shit so I stopped: Abilify, Lithium

sun moon stars rain

#3 Cetkat

Cetkat

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe..

• Pip
  • 3075 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:40 PM

Hey there! I don't know the answer off-hand, but I'm sure someone can tell you. If not I'll figure it out.

Anyway, I've been gone from the boards for awhile & just came back. Alot's gone down in the interim, but things are finally working out for me for the most part. Still depressed and all & having to move to someone's couch real soon - but all my legal woes are pretty much over. Yay!

How have you been?

_ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _

Dx: Major Depression w/ Dysthymia and Panic Disorder, ADHD, Fibromyalgia
Pdoc's Theory Dx: Bipolar NOS (recently re-theorized by current pdoc)
Rx : Strattera 80mg, Armour Thyroid 60mg (1 gr), Nadolol prn, Xanax prn, Methocarbamol 750mg prn
EXRx : Zoloft, Seroquel, Wellbutrin, Prozac, Lithium, Lamictal, Remeron, Lexapro, Abilify, Zyprexa, Geodon, Cymbalta, Paxil, Sonata, Lunesta, Effexor, Metadate, Risperdal, BuSpar, Ambien, Invega, Tegretol, Nortriptyline, Desipramine, Deplin, Neurontin, Concerta, Trazodone, Mirapex, Amitriptyline, Saphris, Prestiq

I do whatever my rice krispies tell me to.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"All of life is a struggle. It's a struggle just to get out of bed in the morning. You're fighting gravity all day long." - Richard Rose
_ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _. _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _

#4 danceintherain

danceintherain

• Pip
  • 1082 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:13 PM

I was allowed to, though it wouldn't hurt to double-check.
bipolar I ish. Used to have some ptsd-like crap, but that's resolved.

current RXs: Ativan (1 mg), Lamictal (300mg, split); WellbutrinXL (150mg); geodon (20mgs w/ food). Also levothyroxine (75 mcg), levosertralizine, and
birth control.

Past Rxs: zoloft (like a sugar pill); lexapro (hit an akathesia problem or something else nasty like that); seroquel; ambien; sonata (all worked at different points in time, just changed for different reasons); effexorXR (wonderful for helping to yank me out of an episode; stopped after a few years b/c it seemed to be causing some agitation).

#5 Steve@3AM

Steve@3AM

• Pip
  • 887 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:29 PM

IIRC they have a score mark which usually indicates they can be split.
Other than that and no "warnings" in the packaging, I don't know.

PS - Hi Kathryn. Long time no see. (of course I was absent for a while, too.)
Is it a new 'handle' or do I just have that fuzzy a memory. I definitely remember the pic.
"At the sound of the beep, it will be Three O'clock. She said that for over an hour and I hung up." Bob Dylan

Dx (per Amen Clinic) Temporal lobe dysfunction, ADHD, NOS, Dysthymia and "abnormal brain scan". -  like Abby Normal in Young Frankenstein!

Meds:  Currently none. Trying to rely on therapy alone.

"Now the standard cure for one who is sunk is to consider those in actual destitution or physical suffering  --  this is an all-weather beatitude for gloom in general and fairly salutary day-time advice for everyone.
But at three o'clock in the morning, a forgotten package has the same tragic importance as a death sentence, and the cure doesn't work  --  and in a real dark night of the soul it is always three o'clock in the morning, day after day."
F. Scott Fitzgerald

#6 stable not balanced

stable not balanced

Kathryn

• Pip
  • 657 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:10 PM

hi cetkat, hi 3am!

definitely a new handle. i am trying to update as i feel better. it should now say "stable, not balanced"

#7 r.mcmurphy

r.mcmurphy

• Pip
  • 797 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:13 PM

sometimes when i used them i would bite one end of a 10 mg and snap it at the score then take the 5 mg half . no bad things happened !
plenty meds, drugs and mental troubles in the past 40 years. no end in sight for depression.

eat a fish!

#8 stable not balanced

stable not balanced

Kathryn

• Pip
  • 657 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:23 PM

cool, thanks for y'alls help!

i talked to pharmacist. no score, but can split. bought a pill splitter.

trying to get off these damn things!

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.