If you had no social fears

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Modern Red

Modern Red

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:52 PM

If you had no social anxiety, fears and that. What would you want to do that your to anxious to be able to do now.

Go to a concert?
Get a girl or boyfriend?

Ect...
Dx: Social Phobia, mood swings
Rx: Seroquel 100mg.

#2 withing

withing

tired of being tired...

• Pip
  • 3018 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:46 PM

I'd probably just *go out* way more than I do now. I stay at home a lot. Even though I have some friends and had a boyfriend, I stay at home a lot because crowds are just too much for me. Staying at home is boring, so yeah... I'd go out more. Don't know where, but I'd get the hell out of the house.
`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~
The Past is the textbook of tyrants; the Future the Bible of the Free. Those who are solely governed by the Past stand like Lot's wife, crystallized in the act of looking backward, and forever incapable of looking before. ~Herman Melville, White Jacket
DX: Bipolar (flavor undecided) & various physical stuff
RX: Topamax: 100mg, Seroquel: 200mg, Welbutrin XL: 300

...and then,
Buffy staked Edward.

~~The End~~

#3 Appleie

Appleie

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:52 PM

That's a weird question for me to answer, because I honestly can't imagine who I would be without social anxiety. I'd probably get out a lot more, go shopping for once in what seems like forever, and just do something. I mean, right now I have no real life. Swim, Soccer, School. That's all I do, it would be nice to hang out with friends.

#4 Shortstuff

Shortstuff

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:21 PM

OMG everything..... I'd go to college and get my associates in photography. I'd also take EMTB and get certified and do that for a real job. I'd spend more time with everyone and do a lot more outside of the house, by myself. It would be so so wonderful ;)
~DX: Bipolar l, OCD, BPD, ADHD, Social Phobia and PTSD
Issues with self harm, agoraphobia, racing thoughts, paranoia, self-esteem, and self image and a bunch of other stuff.
~Rx: Lithium, Lamictal and Gabapentin

Joke from my Psychologist:
Why can't a paranoid person go to a football game?
Because he thinks they are talking about him in the huddle.....

#5 The Emperor

The Emperor

Is there a hole for me to get sick in?

• Pip
  • 3713 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:47 PM

Well, anything I wanted to.

I wouldn't sit with a sick feeling in my gut, contemplating calling a friend and then not following through. I'd just call.

I'd say "yes" to things people asked me to do.

I'd have a life.

What the docs wrote down about my Crazy: Bipolar II, Some anxiety issue
The pills they give me to fix this shit: Lamictal 175mg, clonazepam 1mg , Trileptal 600mg
Pills that did NOT fix this shit: Sertraline, Buspirone, Mirtazipine, Paroxetine, Gabapentin, Effexor XR, Lorazepam, Cymbalta(twice), Zolpidem, Bupropion XL, Pristiq, Fluoxetine, Vistaril, Lexapro, Celexa, Trazodone, Geodon

Pills that worked well enough but side effects were total shit so I stopped: Abilify, Lithium, valium

sun moon stars rain

#6 Carnelia

Carnelia

This isn't what I signed up for.

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:46 PM

Be able to talk (or at least smile) at the boy I like. instead of looking a lot and occasionally smiling. be able to talk to any boy, or any body, rather than thinking they don't want to talk to me. or are laughing at me. I wouldn't worry about having a panic attack randomly, and hating both my body and brain chemistry (because if it isn't one type of anxiety, it's the other.) not blank out in class, or stutter when answering a question, or start sweating. And I would probably stop shaking 24/7. I don't mind it, but it would be amazing to not have people look at me twice when they see my hands or legs are shaking. And go to parties. I always want to go to parties, and i hate it when i get there.
Suddenly I realize
That if I stepped out of my body I would break
into a blossom. - James Wright

I'm sorry my posts are virtual novellas. I'm only verbose when writing. Promise.
Dx: TBD, probably depression/anxiety.
Current Rx: 300mg Wellbutrin, 200mg Lamictal, .5mg Ativan as needed (currently all the time), BC.
Rx requiescat et pacem: Abilify, Lexapro.
Purgatory: Geodon
currently reading: Changing my Mind by Zadie Smith
want to read: The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet

#7 celestia

celestia

• Pip
  • 3855 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:39 PM

Take belly dancing classes.
diagnoses: MDD/ADD/PTSD
Current meds: Wellbutrin 450/Lexapro 30

#8 ChemistryExperiment

ChemistryExperiment

Carbon Based Chemical

• Pip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:56 AM

Take belly dancing classes.

;) I have a friend that takes belly dancing classes.

Have you ever seen The Bellydance Superstars perform? http://www.bellydancesuperstars.com/

I love watching bellydancing :)

Life isn't about finding yourself

its about CREATING yourself

----------------------------------------------------------

if you're crazy and you know it clap your hands!

*clap*

*clap*

#9 witgirl

witgirl

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:26 AM

I'd do a night school class.
At the moment I could handle going to class.
But the thought of what to do during break puts me off. Do I go to the cafeteria? Should I sit with the other students? What can I say? etc.
Also I would probably freak if the teacher asked me something in front of the other students.

Oh how I envy people who can deal with all this effortlessly.
Dx: Depression, Social Phobia, GAD, Insomnia and occasional TMJDS, OCD & Health Anxiety.

#10 DarkendHour

DarkendHour

My reality check bounced

• Pip
  • 732 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:37 AM

I'd go for a walk... at a random time... on a random day.... for no real reason..... and I wouldn't go over a million different things before going... I'd just walk out the door... WITHOUT some form of a make shift weapon...
Dx - depends on who you ask. Schizoaffective Bipolar type -or- Paranoid Schizophrenic. Some times PTSD or Generalized Anxiety, again depends on the person you ask.

Rx - Burpropion HCL XL (generic for Wellbutrin XL) 150mg 2xday, Perphenazine (Generic for Trilafon) 4mg 2xday

#11 Halluci_Nationwide

Halluci_Nationwide

Dead Shape Figure

• Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:19 PM

See my mates who im to nervous to see now.
Go back to download festival every year
Start up my old metal band
Issues: Was Bi-polar, rediagnosed as 'psychotic depression', Social Phobia, Substance Addiction, Extreme OCD, ETERNAL PARANOIA
RX: Olanzapine (Zyprexa) 100mg, Mirtazapine (Remeron) 90mg, Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, Diazepam (Valium) 5mg
Meds that epicly failed: Quetipine (Seroquel), Fluoxetine (Prozac), Aripiprazole (Abilify)

#12 Guest_Khan_*

Guest_Khan_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2010 - 06:41 PM

I'd go out with friends, I'd be a tourist in my own city, I'd see sports games, I'd go shopping and ENJOY myself, I'd laugh and feel ridiculously happy, I'd ignore what anyone else thought of me, I'd take college courses, I'd try everything I've wanted to try (like photography, rock climbing, fencing, harp, ballet), I'd never spend more than nine hours a day in my house.

Dunno about anyone else, but in my dreams(you know, sleeping and the like), that's exactly what happens. Too bad we can't dream like that forever.

#13 Guest_Khan_*

Guest_Khan_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2010 - 06:48 PM

OH! You know what would be better? Travelling the world and getting a job that's fun. Just wonndering, does listening to music help anyone else with feeling more outgoing?

#14 RoseDropper

RoseDropper

• Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:21 PM

OH! You know what would be better? Travelling the world and getting a job that's fun. Just wonndering, does listening to music help anyone else with feeling more outgoing?

Music was kind of fun because I think all the people I know would be in my own mental videos I'd make. I used to think music was motivational but I think I use it more as an escape.

If I had no anxiety I probably would get a job because I wouldn't worry how ridiculous I would look demanding that the person hire me. I wouldn[t have to think of all the things that I would promise to perforrm and then when the time comes I wouldn't worry if I was able to do them or not. Maybe I should hire myself out as a worry wort. People could pay me to just sit and worry about their business, that is one skill that I do have.

If I had no anxiety I probably would find something to worry about. Sometimes there's comfort in having something to cling to even if it is anxiety.

#15 !LostMind!

!LostMind!

kinda crazy car/scooter/biker dude

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:34 PM

I would be able to introduce myself to people and strike up a converstaion, rather than waiting to be spoken to. I would have a job I like, I would have a girl friend although that's not the be all or end all, I wouldn't be afraid to ask for the things I want. I wouldn't just agree to avoid arguments; I could stand my ground. It would open up so many doors for me.

Normally I'm kinda quiet and blend in. I wait to be spoken to. I feel awkward but I never feel like I don't actually belong in that situation.
At home I'm completely calm and feel different, I leave the house when I want to no problem, but it's always so good come back. Especially after a bad day at work.
DX: AD(H)D - Extremely inattentive, kinda hyperactive, never getting better
Social Anxiety/ Phobia (gone pretty much )
Dyspraxia (Im pretty clumsy/un coordinated)

LX: Dore program, CBT/DBT/Therapy, off meds, may go back on them but they didn't do much for me anyways

Past DX: Clinical Depression I kicked its ass! (remission 4+ years)
Dissociative tendencies (rem 4+ months)
PTSD/ Triggered anxiousness (rem -1 month)

Haven't actually lost my mind; it was never there to lose lol. My screen name is named after the best song I ever wrote/made called Lost Mind. Ironically I lost that song.

#16 spero

spero

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:06 AM

i would have friends, go for walks more, talk to strangers more easily..i'd love to travel...i would definitely do public speaking, share my experiences with things i've struggled with and gone through..and help people.

Past: Anorexia and self-harm, in recovery.
Present: Complex PTSD/dissociation, generalized anxiety, social phobia, agoraphobic tendencies, and panic attacks.

*~We'll get there one day. Where we're going, I'm not too sure, but one day we'll get there.*~

#17 DKnight

DKnight

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:05 PM

I have a lot of anxiety problems, but oddly enough I have absolutely no social fears.

However that doesn't mean there's much to do and I end up staying home a lot anyways. Oddly enough being alone with my thoughts is what scares me the most and that's where I usually am. It's quite the curse.

Don't feel too bad. Going out is overrated.

Edited by DKnight, 08 December 2010 - 11:06 PM.

Effexor ER 300mgs, ativan1mg, seroquel 50mgs, restoril prn

#18 crzybtch79

crzybtch79

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:44 PM

I would learn how to dance, take yoga and zumba, be more active at my childrens schools. I feel like such an asshole parent cause i never volunteer. :(

Edited by crzybtch79, 09 December 2010 - 10:45 PM.

~Over the years they said I had/have :
Major Depressive Disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, Generalized anxiety, postpartum depression, and ADD.
I am pretty Positive I was misdiagnosed by several doctors.
~What I think I have: Borderline personality disorder, Social phobia, ADD, post-traumatic stress disorder and addictive personality disorder.
~Crap I have taken that didn't help me at all: Zoloft, Prozac, Ritalin, (Effexor, Lexapro, Xanax) Those 3 were the worst for me.
~What seems to be finally helping me: Adderall 30mg, Wellbutrin XL 150mg, Klonopinn 0.5-1 mg a day (split up) when needed.

I get lost in music-
A few that describe me.... good stuff

Song 1
Song 2
Song 3
Song 4
Song 5

#19 lyricalillusions

lyricalillusions

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:14 AM

I would have already had a bachelors in history, I'd be in a relationship, I'd have friends, I'd have a great job..... My life would just be 100% different from how it is now. In a positive way.
"Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world." _Gautama Buddha

Diagnosis:
First Psychiatrist
Tier 1: Bipolar I Disorder
Tier 2: Avoidant Personality Disorder
Tier 3: Dependent Personality Disorder
New Psychiatrist
Social anxiety Disorder
Agoraphobia
General Anxiety Disorder(?)
Asperger's Syndrome

Medications: Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate, Klonopin (clonazepam), Celexa (citalopram), Buspar (buspirone), Abilify, Trazadone

~Lyrical Illusions~

#20 mama2katiebeth

mama2katiebeth

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:33 PM

I'd travel the world like I threaten to do every time I feel alright, but the feeling never lasts long enough to act on. I would have finished school and I'd be an archeologist/historian/professor. I wouldn't have a knot in my stomach just typing this post. I would have friends I actually see in person sometimes. I wouldn't have to get drunk to be comfortable in a social setting. I'd laugh more.
I would do so, so many things and wouldn't feel so, so many other things.

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.