• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 netsavy006

netsavy006

I'm Andy

• Pip
  • 2167 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:36 PM

IE 8 is working fine for me, but I can't get Google Chrome to load any webpages (not even the default google.com).

I don't understand why that is.

I've checked for viruses by my antivirus program and an online scanner and I'm clean according to them so I don't understand where this is coming from.

I've tried uninstalling and installing Google Chrome several times but to no success.

I'd like to get use of Google Chrome back.

It says I'm using version 8.0.552.224.

Thanks,
Andy.

- Andy -
Dx: Asperger's + Schizoaffective Disorder - Bipolar Type + Panic Disorder w/o Agoraphobia + Acid Reflex Disease
Rx: Lithium 900mg + Xanax 0.5mg QID + Celexa 10mg + Clozaril 325mg + Centrum + Fish Oil

#2 withing

withing

tired of being tired...

• Pip
  • 3018 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:12 PM

I'm using it right now, so it's not the program...
`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~
The Past is the textbook of tyrants; the Future the Bible of the Free. Those who are solely governed by the Past stand like Lot's wife, crystallized in the act of looking backward, and forever incapable of looking before. ~Herman Melville, White Jacket
DX: Bipolar (flavor undecided) & various physical stuff
RX: Topamax: 100mg, Seroquel: 200mg, Welbutrin XL: 300

...and then,
Buffy staked Edward.

~~The End~~

#3 Velvet Elvis

Velvet Elvis

The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering.

• Admin
  • 13168 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:18 PM

does firefox work?

De-gnosis: ADD, recurrent depression (or maybe bpII in the guise of such), Asperger's, OCD, social anxiety
Today's Pill Menu: Dexedrine, Wellbutrin (Budeprion), Strattera, Celexa, Risperdal, and clonazepam

Like other moderators and staff of crazyboards.org, I am not a health care professional. You have no way of knowing that I am not talking out my ass. Please do your own homework before making any health related decisions.

Buy me Stuff: Amazon Wishlist

#4 water

water

that's as maybe

• Pip
  • 5612 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:26 AM

IE 8 is working fine for me, but I can't get Google Chrome to load any webpages (not even the default google.com).

I've checked for viruses by my antivirus program and an online scanner and I'm clean according to them so I don't understand where this is coming from.

I've tried uninstalling and installing Google Chrome several times but to no success.

Thanks,
Andy.

My version says 8.0.552.231, but I can't imagine that has anything to do with it and I am using a Mac. I assume you use a PC since you mentioned IE 8. What happens when you load chrome? Does it say it cannot connect to the internet?

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

aplenzin 522, lexapro 20, xanax 5 prn, valium 5 prn

Sensitive dependance on initial conditions
Small disturbances, big repercussions
We are all so vulnerable.

#5 netsavy006

netsavy006

I'm Andy

• Pip
  • 2167 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:57 PM

It turned out I had multiple corrupt files on my computer which meant I had to reinstall windows 7 and then reinstall chrome after that. It's working fine now.

- Andy -
Dx: Asperger's + Schizoaffective Disorder - Bipolar Type + Panic Disorder w/o Agoraphobia + Acid Reflex Disease
Rx: Lithium 900mg + Xanax 0.5mg QID + Celexa 10mg + Clozaril 325mg + Centrum + Fish Oil

#6 MikeInVa

MikeInVa

• Pip
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:17 AM

Thanks,
Andy.

What OS are you using?I'm using windows 7 with IE8 & firefox(for online printing) & use both standard google & bing as my search engines.

#7 Velvet Elvis

Velvet Elvis

The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering.

• Admin
  • 13168 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:20 AM

Um. You shouldn't end up with corrupt files on your computer unless there is really something fucked up.

De-gnosis: ADD, recurrent depression (or maybe bpII in the guise of such), Asperger's, OCD, social anxiety
Today's Pill Menu: Dexedrine, Wellbutrin (Budeprion), Strattera, Celexa, Risperdal, and clonazepam

Like other moderators and staff of crazyboards.org, I am not a health care professional. You have no way of knowing that I am not talking out my ass. Please do your own homework before making any health related decisions.

Buy me Stuff: Amazon Wishlist

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.