Photo
- - - - -

How Many Times a Day Do You Take Klonopin?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Burman

Burman

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:51 PM

For the people that take Klonopin daily, how much do you take with each dose, how many times a day and at what times do you take it?

#2 Thomas

Thomas

• Pip
  • 2051 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:00 PM

2 mg. at breakfast and bedtime and 1 mg. at lunch and dinner (PRN on the luch and dinner ones, so there are weeks that I don't take those ones at all).

Tommy
Dx:BP1, OCD, Diabetetes Type 2, Hypertension, Gastroparesis & kidney stones
Rx: Abilify 20 mg., Klonopin 6.0 mg., Restoril 30 mg. Cymbalta 120 mg. , Lamictal 400 mg., Cogentin 1.5 mg. Crestor 10 mg. hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg., Hyzaar 100/25 mg., domperidone 20 mg. and Levemir Insulin 40 units, Actos 45 mg.,Proprananol ER 80 mg., Hydrocodone/APAP 40 mg./4000 mg., tizanidine 1 mg., Fiorocet 3 mg.

#3 llama44

llama44

llama-licious

• Pip
  • 1146 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:30 PM

4 times a day. One in the am, one at noon, one at dinner time, one at bedtime.
Diagnoses: Schizoaffective Bipolar Type ("Significant, Severe, Chronic, and Clear Cut"), Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Anorexia (in remission; dx in early teen years), OCD (dx in early teen years)

Current Meds: 600mg Seroquel, 30mg Abilify, 100mg Trazodone, 200mg Lamictal, 300mg Effexor XR, 3mg Klonopin.

Some days are better than others, but I do what I can.

How I'm doing now: I am down and am suicidal. I want to stay in bed forever. I never want to leave the apartment. The voices have been really bothering me. They also put thoughts in my head that aren't mine. They do this to torture me constantly. It is never silent.

#4 Bueler

Bueler

• Pip
  • 653 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:19 PM

I take 1mg once per day. I tend to have addiction problems and take more and more and more, so for me the simple dosing schedule keeps me pretty on track. I don't know if that's the best way to take it... just the best way for me to stick to my dose.

DX: Depressive Disorder NOS, Grand-Mal Seizures
RX:
Wellbutrin 300mg, Zoloft 100mg, Lamictal 200mg, Keppra 1,000mg
PRN: Xanax 1.0mg, Ambien 10mg

#5 Anna

Anna

• Inmate
  • 4003 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:23 AM

I am on 1 m.g. twice a day right now.

My husband is on .5 twice a day.

My husband's pdoc informed us recently that intially half life of k was thought to be 12 hours but it has been found recently to be more like 6--9. I have no source for that other than pdoc but he seemed pretty on top of things. He told us the whole history of klonapin it was great.

He also knew a lot about zoloft. He was a sweetie, too.

Anna
BP I, Most Recent Episode Depressed, like suicidally depressed.

Currently on: neurontin,. seroquel, tienaptine, NAC, lithium, temazepam, latuda, provigil, a bunch of health meds/supps to deal w/ s.e. of crazy meds. (metformin, armour thyroid, Vit B 12 shots, magnesium, the list goes on, sigh, I feel like an OLD person, heh). Yeah, i am on a lot of crazy meds.

Revenge Strategist Extraordinare since 2011... Yes, you may contact me for services/ideas.

#6 etkearne

etkearne

• Pip
  • 330 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:54 PM

Back in the day, when my anxiety was un-tamed and wild, I took 1mg four times daily. Now I am scripted 1mg b.i.d., but usually just take one tablet at bedtime to ward off withdrawal.
Diagnosis- Bipolar Type I - Rapid Cycling, Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Opioid Dependency (in remission)

Present Medications (in total daily dose)- Lithium Carbonate (600mg), Zyprexa (10mg), Suboxone Film (4mg), Efffexor XR (225mg), Concerta (54mg), Klonopin (1-2mg)

Attempts- Imipramine, Amitryptamine, Lexapro, Paxil, Risperdal, Trileptal, Lamictal, Cymbalta, Abilify, Wellbutrin, Seroquel, Adderall

Psychology- Weekly individual therapy, looking to change to new therapist soon!

I recently updated my "About Me" in my profile. If you want to know more about me, please read it.

#7 zkd217

zkd217

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:46 PM

Hi...I just found this forum...first post

I take 1 mg 4x daily.

Back in the day, when my anxiety was un-tamed and wild, I took 1mg four times daily. Now I am scripted 1mg b.i.d., but usually just take one tablet at bedtime to ward off withdrawal.

#8 klingon001

klingon001

• Pip
  • 889 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:00 PM

I now take 0.5mg 2X daily. Before it was 1mg 3X daily.

Edited by alienonite, 06 February 2011 - 06:01 PM.

#9 ahalo

ahalo

• Pip
  • 587 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:17 PM

2 mg at night when I go to sleep, 1 mg mid of night when I wake up after 4-6 hrs so that I can get back to sleep. So the answer is twice, though the dosages are different.

----0.jpg We don't benefit from ignorance. -Obama, 1/16/13

The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry. ~Ernest Hemingy, A Farewell To Arms

#10 coolbreeze3030

coolbreeze3030

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:24 PM

I take 2mg three times a day 8am, 2pm and 10pm. Gonna try to tapper off this soon though as it has lost its affect on me I'm just addicted to this med missing my dose by like two hours will make my stomach twist in knots and start to freak out, not fun.

COOLBREEZE3030

INSANITY - "Doing the same thing over and over again, achieving the same results."
Albert Einstein ---------------------- ~If he is right than I think we are all a little bit insane

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DX: Major Depression, Severe Anxiety, G.A.D., Panic Disorder
RX: lexapro 20mg, Klonopin 2mg three times a day, Xanax 2mg twice daily

quit the Xanax cold turkey on January 20 due to no insurance no script and started cutting Lexapro in half

#11 dedoubt

dedoubt

• Pip
  • 1540 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:26 AM

It varies depending on what mood/emotional state I am in. Usually, I just use it PRN, and that can be anywhere from once a month to a few times a week (0.5 mg). When everything in my world blows up in my face (like recently), I take it more often, though I'm always hesitant to take it daily. However, my pdoc has advised me that while I am going through all of the turmoil and pain I'm in, I should be taking it every day. So I now take 0.5 mg twice daily-- morning and late afternoon. If I am going to be under a lot of extra stress, I either take another one, or take Vistaril.

this is a line of white text so i can have a return here because i can't figure out how else to do it
The crazy: Bipolar disorder 1 (rapid cycling, with psychosis), personality disorder (NOS), PTSD, ADD, uppity

The pills: 1-5 mg trifluoperazine PRN (tapered off everything else-- mutually agreed upon with my pdoc as the best choice for now-- take a wild guess why... or don't)

"All at once is what eternity is." Kenneth Patchen

#12 Thomas

Thomas

• Pip
  • 2051 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:31 AM

My pdoc, when she first prescribed klonopin some 6 years ago, said that it is better to stop a fire while it is just smouldering than waiting for it to burst into flames.

Tommy
Dx:BP1, OCD, Diabetetes Type 2, Hypertension, Gastroparesis & kidney stones
Rx: Abilify 20 mg., Klonopin 6.0 mg., Restoril 30 mg. Cymbalta 120 mg. , Lamictal 400 mg., Cogentin 1.5 mg. Crestor 10 mg. hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg., Hyzaar 100/25 mg., domperidone 20 mg. and Levemir Insulin 40 units, Actos 45 mg.,Proprananol ER 80 mg., Hydrocodone/APAP 40 mg./4000 mg., tizanidine 1 mg., Fiorocet 3 mg.

#13 Jaredg

Jaredg

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:04 PM

.5 mg three x daily. One when I wake up, one around 1pm-2pm and another before bed.

#14 Mick

Mick

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:32 PM

I am very sensitive to meds... I take .5 in the morning and then the other half about 8 hr's later. Sometimes I feel too drugged so I take .25, then another 4 hrs later, and then another 4 hrs..etc..
but then I feel a bit anxious.. So, i am trying to keep on the half in the morning , half later in the day routine.

#15 chris_noland

chris_noland

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:00 AM

Wow..... I joined this cause I want to quit after 10 years. At most I was taking 10 Mgs a day.... I know am prescribed 5 but take 4 at night and one when I wake up....

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.