• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1 Stickler

Stickler

Weird

• Pip
  • 2673 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:25 AM

I took this quiz and got a 52, when I retook it I got a 54...but it defines anything above a 25 as severe depersonalization...

http://www.strangeri...stionnaire.html

It seems pretty inaccurate and vague...too broad...

What do y'all think?

A wreck in progress.

chaos.gif

#2 reetchbeetch

reetchbeetch

i ain't lost just wanderin

• Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:51 AM

What do they mean by this one - "I have felt that my emotions are not in my control."

Do they mean like you react completely randomly to things and it just doesn't make sense?
dx: Bipolar (Not sure which type)

Current meds: Lithium 900 mg, Lamictal 200mg, Seroquel XR 300mg , Prozac 20mg, Aderall or Vyvanse, Xanax .5 mg prn

Past meds: zyprexa, zoloft, lexapro, abilify, respiridal

#3 reetchbeetch

reetchbeetch

i ain't lost just wanderin

• Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:55 AM

My score is 22. Mild depersonalization. Which sounds pretty much right to me. I am spacey a lot and I used to have flashes where I felt detached from my body and was just watching it as if it wasn't mine. What can therapists do to help this though? It seems like a tough thing to treat... I guess all MI issues are.

Interesting quiz, thanks for posting.
dx: Bipolar (Not sure which type)

Current meds: Lithium 900 mg, Lamictal 200mg, Seroquel XR 300mg , Prozac 20mg, Aderall or Vyvanse, Xanax .5 mg prn

Past meds: zyprexa, zoloft, lexapro, abilify, respiridal

#4 lysergia

lysergia

ripping off the bootstraps

• Inmate Emeritus
  • Pip
  • 3233 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:05 AM

sticker you scored higher than me, and i'm the one with the dissociative dx heh. i got a 43.
and yeah, not the greatest quiz. i remember sort of thinking the SCID-D was vague-ish too, but i forget why. i'll have to look at that again.

current dx:

BPI/II (depending on whom you ask), DDNOS, ED issues (recovered anorexic), major anxiety issues, PTSD issues (now subclinical), hallucinations NOS.
current rx:

wellbutrin 300 mg, clonazepam 1.5 mg, seroquel 50 mg, synthroid 0.1625 mg, vitamins D3, B12, omega3.  PRNs - seroquel, ibuprofen, tylenol, nicotine, caffeine, chocolate
past rx:

lithium, lamotrigine, prozac, paxil, zoloft, effexor, citalopram, latuda, lyrica, imipramine, nortyrptaline, lorazepam, buspar, mirtazipine, risperdal, remeron, abilify, parnate, zyprexa, zopicolone, l-tryptophan, trazadone, melatonin, ECT, more stuff i can't remember

kittybuttxa3.jpg

#5 lackadaisical16

lackadaisical16

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:46 AM

i got a 54 when i took it.....
but i've never really looked into to depersonalization before.
i was actually very surprised with the results....
is it something i should talk through with the tdoc?

#6 humanoid

humanoid

serial killer heart under sweet girl veneer

• Pip
  • 1006 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:22 PM

I got a 38. I experience depersonalization and derealization often, so I guess this could be accurate? I don't put too much into these online tests, though.

* * * * i've always taken up too much space

dxBP I (rapid cycling) w/ psychosis, Borderline Personality Disorder,
Social Anxiety Disorder, Trichotillomania, Bulimia (non-purging type)

rx: currently unmedicated (occasional PRN 1mg klonopin)
***being referred for ECT tx***

(see profile for more details)

#7 saveyoursanity

saveyoursanity

Sister Hand Grenade of Enlightened Compassion

• Inmate
  • 2088 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:40 PM

I got a 37, but don't have a dissociative diagnosis, unless you count the BPD traits. Weird.

CAPS LOCK IS HOW I FEEL INSIDE ALL THE TIME.

"There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution."

Dx and Psych Rx in profile.

I am NOT a medical professional, merely experienced from a consumer perspective.
I strongly urge fact checking with your own research and consulting an actual medical professional.

#8 That Girl

That Girl

• Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:53 PM

I scored a 36. This doesn't surprise me - although, I'm not familiar with the validity of such a quiz... Nor do I have such a dx - but I bet if I got real honest about doing the work to get to the core of my issues, I would. Can't rightly get those types of dx's when you don't give anyone the opportunity to dx you I suppose ;)

Saveyoursanity - I could be mistaken, but aren't dissociative symptoms heavily related to PTSD in some cases? Could explain your score (if the quiz is accurate that is).
official DX: GAD, depression, migraines... OH - and Rheumatoid Arthritis, just for fun.
Current RX - 20mg Lexapro, xanex xr as needed, klonapin as needed. for pain issues - flexaril, naprosyn as needed. for fatness - lol - adipex when I feel like it.
Also - working on finding a therapist & doing the work I know needs to be done that I have not successfully been able to do on my own in the past.
~~
Past RX - currently unmedicated - oh wait - that's not true. all as needed (which is more than I actually take them) xanex, klonapin, flexaril... plus a cupboard full of shit previously prescribed that I don't take anymore... most recently, I went rounds with Celexa, Cymbalta & then Pristiq (in that order...) With the last 2 causing me to be very obsessive & then causing the worst fucking withdrawl symptoms I've ever experienced.
~Update 4/11 ~ well, my depression got the best of me & I'm currently making the climb out of the despair pit with Lexapro. Seems to be working OK - I'm about half way back up. Not crying every day at least - so that's a relief.

#9 saveyoursanity

saveyoursanity

Sister Hand Grenade of Enlightened Compassion

• Inmate
  • 2088 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:06 PM

Saveyoursanity - I could be mistaken, but aren't dissociative symptoms heavily related to PTSD in some cases? Could explain your score (if the quiz is accurate that is).

I think you're right. I must've forgotten I had PTSD when I was writing that. (lol)

CAPS LOCK IS HOW I FEEL INSIDE ALL THE TIME.

"There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution."

Dx and Psych Rx in profile.

I am NOT a medical professional, merely experienced from a consumer perspective.
I strongly urge fact checking with your own research and consulting an actual medical professional.

#10 mynameisiforgot

mynameisiforgot

A mental case mess.

• Pip
  • 494 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:44 PM

I got a 49. Eh.

Schizoaffective Disorder. Bulimia.

1,000mg Lithium. 400mg Seroquel. 20mg Escitalopram. 10mg Valium (PRN)

#11 gonenative

gonenative

• Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:41 PM

I liked the thingy they added to the score, I found it spot on, and good for me to remember, so I printed it here

With proper treatment, in time you will no longer find it necessary to disconnect from yourself or your feelings. Eventually, as you grow strong enough to reconnect with your memories, feelings and behaviors and begin to accept them as your own, your depersonalization will be reduced and you will become a more integrated and psychologically healthy person.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, BiPolar, OCD, Borderline Personality Disorder, PTSD
I function on a cocktail of Seroquel 300mg, Lithium 900mg, Xanax

#12 jt07

jt07

Existing on the very edge of sanity

• Inmate
  • 6793 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:30 AM

I got a 33, but I don't believe it though. I think many of the items that I answered often such as I feel as if my body is working but my mind is far away could describe ADD. I have only once or twice felt disconnected to my emotions. I just don't understand how I ended up with a 33.

Dx: Atypical MDD with anxiety, possible ADD, OCD (mostly recovered)
Rx: Citalopram (20 mg), Remeron (45 mg), Abilify (30 mg), Carbamazepine (800 mg), Lamotrigine (200 mg), Ritalin (20 mg AM, 10 mg PM)

горький осадок, но сахара не надо

#13 exl2398

exl2398

• Pip
  • 1389 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:59 AM

Diagnosis: Bipolar type I rapid cycling, PTSD, OCD, intermittant psychosis, general insanity
Past diagnosis: MDD, bipolar type II, schizoaffective disorder (this might have been a more accurate description of what I have, but who knows), depression
Rx: Lamictal 300mg, topomax 100mg, clomipramine (spelling?) 225mg, lithium carbonate, idk the dose.
Past Rx: Symbyax (made me paranoid), Celexa (worthless), Abilify (blurry vision), Geodon (made me paranoid), Wellbutrin (made me rage), Pristiq (worthless), topomax (worthless), emsam (worthless), risperdal (worsened diabetes and made me gain 82lbs, discontinued 10/2011), remeron (worthless POS that made me binge eat at night, discontinued 6/2012)

...In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid...

#14 SashaSue

SashaSue

Vulpes Bipolaris

• Pip
  • 4565 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:00 AM

Having felt your mind was elsewhere while you were working is depersonalization? Of feeling spacey? Or feeling your emotions are out of control? That site is set up to promote a book about depersonalization. So, of course it's going to be, um.... oversensitive.
Dx: Bipolar I, ADHD<br />
Rx: Seroquel, 800mg, Lamictal, 150mg, Effexor, 325mg, Wellbutrin, 450, Dexedrine ER, 60mg

#15 BBB

BBB

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:47 PM

53!!! Top of the class!! Wooot!!!! Yeah, I have to agree, the test is rigged.

#16 WinterRosie

WinterRosie

Staring down the spoils of war

• Admin
  • 4269 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:56 PM

BBB, got fifty-three as well.

Don't believe in online testing, though.

Si nous ne sommes pas pro-nous-autres, nous sommes anti-nous-autres.

A diamond is just a piece of coal that handled stress exceptionally well. Oh well, there's always cubic zirconia. 

Rx: weekly injections of Standard Knowledge as needed

Note: Staff are here to think with you, not for you. Keep your thinking caps on. I've never been a doctor, not even in high school drama class, so you'll need to ask your own.

Boards I moderate: confessional, people suck, news/politics, dissociation, trauma + private, substance abuse, eating disorders

#17 Sras

Sras

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:59 AM

41 :P
Today, I am going to try to get out of bed. Tomorrow, I might leave the house.

#18 mammakanin

mammakanin

a disaster waiting to happen

• Pip
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:30 PM

36. and then i changed many of my answers from sometimes to never or once or twice and got 35.

i don't trust it. it should have lowered my score more than just 1 point.

eta: just changed ALL of my answers to ever or once or twice and got 26.

Edited by mammakanin, 04 May 2011 - 03:33 PM.

"What to do, I find it hard to know
The road I walk is not the one i chose

--Yes

#19 bpladybug

bpladybug

Your friendly bipolar Aunt

• Pip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:00 PM

I got a 24. Mainly for symptoms that I consider part of bipolar.
I don't have PTSD. Occasional derealization but hardly ever now that I am so well medicated.

ladybuglove.jpg

'Mania is a dangerous Mistress.' BPLadybug

Bipolar 1
Treatment: 900 mgs Lithium, 900 mgs Neurontin, 400 mgs Seroquel, Xanax prn, Temazepam, fish oil, vitamins, Vit. D 5, 000 IU, exercize, some talk therapy and CBT Therapy. Exercize helps as does the Light Box; 30 mins every morning. I also have physical health challenges.

#20 ~nestling~

~nestling~

fragile yet strong

• Pip
  • 1606 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:20 AM

I got 55.
About right for right now.

In the Dark and the Deep there are truths that can always heal~Ken Wilber
[Recurrent (Chronic Major) Depression - Complex Trauma&Borderline]

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.