• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#101 Stickler

Stickler

Weird

• Pip
  • 2872 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:56 PM

I was trying to figure out if I was possibly DID or not.

This brings up an interesting question to me -- is it possible to be DID and NOT know it?
Abso-fricken-lutely.
I wasn't allowed to know for 38 years.
If they don't want you to know or think you are not ready, you won't be allowed to realize, I don't think.

Edited by Stickler, 10 June 2014 - 08:58 PM.

Merrily biting the hand that feeds me my happy pills.  Social Justice Trickster.

chaos.gif

#102 larali

larali

• Pip
  • 600 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:26 PM

I got 28, mostly because of my skin picking disorder.

Current dx: Bipolar II, OCD, fibromyalgia

Current rx:  Cymbalta 60mg, Abilify 5mg

#103 dragonfly23

dragonfly23

• Pip
  • 332 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 12:39 PM

Bipolar II, Anxiety disorder, idiopathic movement disorder
Current: Seroquel 200, Lamcital 100 and .50 klinopin x 3 daily, or as needed
Prior: gabapentin, zoloft, prozac, viibryd, Brintellix,Xanax,alcohol, your meds

The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. - Henry David Thoreau

#104 LesMis4

LesMis4

• Pip
  • 248 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:34 PM

Dx: Bipolar II, GAD, Social Anxiety, Panic Disorder

Rx: Klonopin .5mg 2x/day. Latuda 40mg/day. For other issues: Clonodine .1mg 2x/day. and Hydroclorothiazide 12.5 mg 1x/day, Vitamin D

#105 crtclms

crtclms

Queen of Ergots

• Inmate
  • 9129 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:34 PM

Augh. These tests are meaningless. Everyone dissociates. And what time period of my life am I supposed to use as my parameters? My life today, or my life when I was untreated for PTSD? If I count my symptoms from then, I score a lot higher than I do now.

I don't believe in capital punishment, except for this quiz.

Dx: Bipolar 1; GAD; Migraine w/ Aura; Migraine w/o Aura; Renal Tubular Acidosis (caused by Zonegran); Status Migrainosus
Rx: Alprazolam; Botox; Buproprion; Dihydroergotomine via IV Infusion; Flexeril; Lamotrigine; Latuda; Lithium; Metoclopramide; Midrin; Migranal; Potassium Citrate; Prilosec; Promethazine; Riboflavin; Tizanidine; Verapamil; Vitamin D3
Currently Shelved: Abilify; Amerge; Anaprox; Atenolol; Buspar; Cafergot; Cymbalta; Depakote; Di-Hydro-ergotamine, injected; Gabapentin; Geodon; Imitrex Tablets; Klonopin; Maxalt; Namenda; Nortriptyline; Norvasc; Propranolol; Prozac; Risperidone; Relpax; Sansert; Sumatriptan injectables; Tegretol; Trazadone; Zoloft; Zolpidem; Zomig; Zonegran

Affectations can be dangerous. -Gertrude Stein

I moderate Bipolar, Panic/Anxiety, Dissociative Disorders, Migraine, Seizures, Not Otherwise Specified, Anticonvulsants, Side Effects, Family Feud, and I Still Have Issues. Remember, I am not a medical professional. PM me if you have any questions

#106 MrBipolar

MrBipolar

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 08:57 PM

I got a 36 and have never been diagnosed with a dissociative disorder, though I have discussed these things with my therapist and doctor.  I'll have to bring this up in my next session.  Though since I've been treated for my other MI I've experienced less dissociation symptoms, but they're still there occasionally.  I still have times when I don't recognize myself in the mirror.  It feels very disconcerting.

#107 Stickler

Stickler

Weird

• Pip
  • 2872 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:12 AM

...In retrospect, I was going into grocery stores, and coming out of grocery stores...and the space between got REALLY blurry.

Then when loading the car I would find I had not bought half the stuff I went to the store for.  Also there would be items I did not remember picking out or paying for, yet here they were.

Kitchen gadgets.

O.o

Now I know one of the 6-year-olds was having ooh shinies and buying kitchen gadgets, because she had an easy-bake oven, and WOW did she love her easy-bake oven! And she wanted to make CAKES!  and COOKIES!

This wound us up with some interesting random cooking stuff at the car.  Which somehow felt IMPORTANT. :huh:

Never too late for all of us in here to have happy childhoods, I guess...

Edited by Stickler, 18 October 2014 - 12:14 AM.

Merrily biting the hand that feeds me my happy pills.  Social Justice Trickster.

chaos.gif

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.