Refill dates for Schedule II

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 notfred

notfred

• Pip
  • 2426 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:47 PM

You have to call your mail order company and find out for sure because they're all different...some will allow an overlap, others won't. I think MOST of them will allow at least a week to account for shipping and you can send them a post-dated Rx. I work at a retail pharmacy and we can only allow a 3-day overlap with most insurances.

With 90 day scripts I can refill after 2 months on my present insurance. I do this with Ativan and Lunesta. Schedule 2 meds may be different.

nf

#22 Anna

Anna

• Inmate
  • 4003 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:29 PM

Have you called and talked to your internet pharmacy? seems like the logical place to start. Anna
BP I, Most Recent Episode Depressed, like suicidally depressed.

Currently on: neurontin,. seroquel, tienaptine, NAC, lithium, temazepam, latuda, provigil, a bunch of health meds/supps to deal w/ s.e. of crazy meds. (metformin, armour thyroid, Vit B 12 shots, magnesium, the list goes on, sigh, I feel like an OLD person, heh). Yeah, i am on a lot of crazy meds.

Revenge Strategist Extraordinare since 2011... Yes, you may contact me for services/ideas.

#23 NMR Lucien

NMR Lucien

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:56 PM

You have to call your mail order company and find out for sure because they're all different...some will allow an overlap, others won't. I think MOST of them will allow at least a week to account for shipping and you can send them a post-dated Rx. I work at a retail pharmacy and we can only allow a 3-day overlap with most insurances.

With 90 day scripts I can refill after 2 months on my present insurance. I do this with Ativan and Lunesta. Schedule 2 meds may be different.

nf

Schedule II's are different because the "grace period" is shorter. I just checked my "mail order" benefit through our insurance (just chose my own Metadate CD) and the limit is 90/76 days so they are allowing a refill 2 weeks before I would "theoretically" run out. With my Topamax, it says 90/60 days.

I have a script, says may fill 25th early refill authorized due to dose increase. Its the 20th.
Adderall xr25mg #60.
I'm out, I'm not stupid, so spare the smartass remarks.
U think there's any hope on filling.whatever technique used.

If I'm understanding correctly, it's dated the 25th? If so, that's the date you can fill it on. If not, you can fill it anytime after the date on the script since it's a dosage increase. Any time there's a dosage change, you should be able to fill on/after the date on the script.
Dx: Bipolar II
ADHD (inattentive type)
Rx: Topamax 250mg
Wellbutrin XL 300mg
Adderall XR 20 mg

I don't care what they say, there IS a difference between "brand" and "generic"....

#24 HAL9000

HAL9000

My mind is going. I can feel it....

• Pip
  • 483 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 05:06 PM

I'm new to the CII sked stuff. If I understand this you need a physical written script for each month (Humm 90 days are ok?) I learned this when I started running low and phoned in a refill (Even tho it was no refills) figuring my Pharmacy would call the doctor, the doctor would ok it and I could pick it up in a few days. Humm... Nope, and the problem now is that I'm down to the last couple of tabs and argh... This is not working well to run out. Anyway, the law seems to be different in each state so its totally confusing to me. I gather the CII stuff is desired by "dope fiends" and out of control drug addicted medical folks so they try to levy mega tight control over this. How this works for people who need this for longer terms then a month I dunno...

Yep, I will talk with him. He may have samples, he is very free with them. I would just do this one as a 30 day script but the price difference, 30 day script is $50, 90 day script is $50, is too great to pass up. $600 vs $200 a year.

Samples would be excellent! I totally hear you with that. I'd definitely mail-order too. Just got to fix the gap somehow, you know. And, actually, most meds you can bring in a new script at anytime with a dose increase & they'll put it though. Of course that's with normal class meds. May not work with this class schedule. But, yeah.. a different dose or med in general should work without being flagged. The question is whether or not the pdoc is comfortable with doing that... but with a 5-7 day script, it doesn't seem like there would be a liability issue.

BTW, do you have insurance for the Vyvanase? Or is the mail order the base price?

"I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill and think things over.  Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a...fraid. "

About Me
Current Diagnosis / DX: Major depressive disorder, Anxiety -> PTSD, Insomnia
Meds: Bupropion SR(Wellbutrin SR®), Buspirone(BuSpar®), Zolpidem ER(Ambien CR®) and Diazepam(Valium®) as needed / PRN
ExMeds:Vistaril(Atarax), Citalopram (Celexa®), Trazadon

#25 LynnK

LynnK

• Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 05:58 PM

How this works for people who need this for longer terms then a month I dunno...

My doctor writes multiple one-month scripts in these situations, each one forward dated for a few months to cover until I'll see him again.
Dx: recurrent depression
Rx: Parnate, Lamictal

#26 saveyoursanity

saveyoursanity

Sister Hand Grenade of Enlightened Compassion

• Inmate
  • 1963 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:30 PM

My doctor writes multiple one-month scripts in these situations, each one forward dated for a few months to cover until I'll see him again.

As does mine.

CAPS LOCK IS HOW I FEEL INSIDE ALL THE TIME.

"There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution."

Dx and Psych Rx in profile.

I am NOT a medical professional, merely experienced from a consumer perspective.
I strongly urge fact checking with your own research and consulting an actual medical professional.

#27 NMR Lucien

NMR Lucien

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:52 AM

I'm new to the CII sked stuff. If I understand this you need a physical written script for each month (Humm 90 days are ok?) I learned this when I started running low and phoned in a refill (Even tho it was no refills) figuring my Pharmacy would call the doctor, the doctor would ok it and I could pick it up in a few days. Humm... Nope, and the problem now is that I'm down to the last couple of tabs and argh... This is not working well to run out. Anyway, the law seems to be different in each state so its totally confusing to me. I gather the CII stuff is desired by "dope fiends" and out of control drug addicted medical folks so they try to levy mega tight control over this. How this works for people who need this for longer terms then a month I dunno...

Yep, I will talk with him. He may have samples, he is very free with them. I would just do this one as a 30 day script but the price difference, 30 day script is $50, 90 day script is $50, is too great to pass up. $600 vs $200 a year.

Samples would be excellent! I totally hear you with that. I'd definitely mail-order too. Just got to fix the gap somehow, you know. And, actually, most meds you can bring in a new script at anytime with a dose increase & they'll put it though. Of course that's with normal class meds. May not work with this class schedule. But, yeah.. a different dose or med in general should work without being flagged. The question is whether or not the pdoc is comfortable with doing that... but with a 5-7 day script, it doesn't seem like there would be a liability issue.

BTW, do you have insurance for the Vyvanase? Or is the mail order the base price?

Not sure where you're located or if you have ins, but most ins companies will not allow a retail pharmacy to fill a 90 day script for a Sched II and some retail pharmacies will only dispense 30 days at a time, even if the prescription is written for a 90 day supply, whether or not you have insurance. Ours won't....if you bring in a script for a 90 day supply, you can only get 30 days, then another 30 in 27 days, and the final 30 in another 27 days.
Dx: Bipolar II
ADHD (inattentive type)
Rx: Topamax 250mg
Wellbutrin XL 300mg
Adderall XR 20 mg

I don't care what they say, there IS a difference between "brand" and "generic"....

#28 notfred

notfred

• Pip
  • 2426 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:48 PM

Not sure where you're located or if you have ins, but most ins companies will not allow a retail pharmacy to fill a 90 day script for a Sched II and some retail pharmacies will only dispense 30 days at a time, even if the prescription is written for a 90 day supply, whether or not you have insurance. Ours won't....if you bring in a script for a 90 day supply, you can only get 30 days, then another 30 in 27 days, and the final 30 in another 27 days.

I get a 90 day supply, have to use the insurance mail order program.

nf

#29 Homedognike

Homedognike

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:49 AM

What if you don't have insurance, is it possible to get an early refill if self pay?

#30 chipmunk

chipmunk

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

Can you get a RX for a related med, like Adderall XR or Ritalin LA? Then you could take those one day on the weekends to build up a reserve of Vyvanse.
DX with depression, ADHD, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

#31 notfred

notfred

• Pip
  • 2426 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

My insurance allows a refill once 75% of the present med is used. Pdoc said he will put whatever date I need on the script. 90 day refills are allowed for all meds, including Schedule II. So I get 90 Vyvanse caps at a time and 180 dextroamphetamine sulfate tabs.

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.