Cut Latuda?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 neingesicht

neingesicht

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:26 PM

Just curious if anyone knows whether or not you can cut Latuda... I'm going to be weaning off Zyprexa and getting on it so I figured I'd try to start with a lower dose. Thanks!

Dx Bipolar

Lithium 1500mg
Lamictal 150mg
Effexor 300mg
Klonopin 1.125mg
Armour 105mg

#2 llama44

llama44

llama-licious

• Pip
  • 1146 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:51 PM

Call your pharmacist or pdoc.
Diagnoses: Schizoaffective Bipolar Type ("Significant, Severe, Chronic, and Clear Cut"), Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Anorexia (in remission; dx in early teen years), OCD (dx in early teen years)

Current Meds: 600mg Seroquel, 30mg Abilify, 100mg Trazodone, 200mg Lamictal, 300mg Effexor XR, 3mg Klonopin.

Some days are better than others, but I do what I can.

How I'm doing now: I am down and am suicidal. I want to stay in bed forever. I never want to leave the apartment. The voices have been really bothering me. They also put thoughts in my head that aren't mine. They do this to torture me constantly. It is never silent.

#3 Cetkat

Cetkat

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe..

• Pip
  • 3261 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:02 PM

^ This. If you have med questions not regarding treatment, it's always prudent and easiest to call a pharmacy - any pharmacy. You'll get much more accurate info there than here.

_ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _

Dx: Major Depression w/ Dysthymia, Panic Disorder, GAD, ADHD, Fibromyalgia
Pdoc's Theory Dx: Bipolar NOS (MDD with BP traits w/o hypo or mania)
Rx : Emsam 12mg/24hr, Strattera 80mg, Lyrica 150mg, Armour Thyroid 120mg (2 gr), Zofran prn, Nadolol prn, Xanax prn, Methocarbamol 750mg prn, D3 4,000IU
EXRx : Zoloft, Seroquel, Wellbutrin, Prozac, Lithium, Lamictal, Remeron, Lexapro, Abilify, Zyprexa, Geodon, Cymbalta, Paxil, Sonata, Lunesta, Effexor, Metadate, Risperdal, BuSpar, Ambien, Invega, Tegretol, Nortriptyline, Desipramine, Deplin, Neurontin, Concerta, Trazodone, Mirapex, Amitriptyline, Saphris, Prestiq, Requip

I do whatever my rice krispies tell me to.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"OK so cheese is trapped, so you can't have cheese." - MDK
_ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _. _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _

#4 neingesicht

neingesicht

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:21 PM

I know I just figured I would ask if anyone had experience. I'm going to my doc tonight.

Dx Bipolar

Lithium 1500mg
Lamictal 150mg
Effexor 300mg
Klonopin 1.125mg
Armour 105mg

#5 AnneMarie

AnneMarie

• Pip
  • 4644 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:48 PM

I *think* my pdoc said you can cut it. Talk to yours or a pharmacist before acting on that info, though.

Bipolar I and ADD

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.