Adolescence into adulthood:
depression
add

Adulthood:
Schizo-affective (accurate)
ADD (accurate)
Amorphous Personality Disorder????

whats that mean? (amorphous part)

Edit: My Psychologist says it's not BPD or Antisocial PD. I trust the bpd part but have always questioned the antisocial part.

Edited by RobKay, 17 July 2011 - 12:36 PM.

"And you don't want to be in the future, so you say the present is just a pleasant interruption from the past."

"Cause in his life he is filled with all these good intentions

He's left a lot of things He'd rather not mention right now"

"She spends her days up in the north park, watching the people as they pass; And all she wants is just a little piece of this dream.

Is that too much to ask? With a safe home, warm bed, On a quiet little street, All she wants is someone to hold onto."

Official Dx: Schizoaffective Disorder (Bipolar sub-type), ADHD-PI; PD-NEC; GERD; Diabetes; OCD Pure-O; Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Unofficial/Clinically Unproven Dx: Asperger's Disorder; Binge Eating Disorder.

NEC Symptoms: Depersonalization Incidents; Excoriation; Fluid Gender Identity; Hopeless Romantic; Intimacy/Physical boundaries complications; Night Mares/Terrors; Possible SA / PA; Panic Attacks; Sleepwalking.
Rx: Adderall XR 20mg AM; Dexilant 60mg AM; Klonopin 1mg three per day; Lamictal 200mg PM; Metformin 500mg AM/PM w/Food; Provigil 100mg AM; Seroquel XR 400mg PM; Zofran 4mgAM/Mid-Day; Zoloft 200mg AM.

Past Rx: Abilify; Ativan; Cogentin; Effexor; Levbid; Lomotil; Methylphenidate; Nexium; Prilosec; Protonix; Risperdal; Saphris; Trilafon; Vistaril.

Past Tx: Biofeedback; CBT; Psychoanalysis; Psychoeducation; WRAP; Talk Therapy; Transference Channeling Therapy.

Future (Hopeful) Tx: EMDR; DBT; Hypnosis; E/RP.

My biggest dilemma is ANXIETY; Talk therapy/CBT is symptom exacerbating as it perpetuates the thoughts. I still carry demons of the past with me.

#2 tryp

tryp

DBT = Diary Card Bingo

• Inmate
  • 6861 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:38 PM

I've never heard of it before, and your doctor would probably be the best one to explain it to you. If I had to make a wild guess, I would guess that it might mean something like Personality Disorder NOS. Best thing is to ask your doc though -s/he is the one that wrote it there.

Dx: Complex PTSD
Tx: Lamictal (250) + prazosin (7.5) + "therapy"

#3 justme04

justme04

• Pip
  • 443 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:08 PM

i thought amorphus meant withouth shape, but i've never heard of amorphus personality disorder...i think that tyrp is most likley right when said it's likley personality disorder NOS. but, yes, ask your doc about it, he/she is going to be able to give you the most info about it, of course.

Imperfection is beauty. Madness is genius. It is better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring

No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

"You can pick your friends. You can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."

#4 Guest_Vapourware_*

Guest_Vapourware_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:49 AM

I have never heard of such a term, and neither is it in the DSM or ICD. I'd ask whoever gave you the dx.

#5 Aanga

Aanga

That One Chick

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:23 PM

Is this a legit dx?

I googled it and found no info except for a link to this post xD

Dx: (changed again -.-) BPD, Biplar 1, EDNOS, ASPD, polysubstance dependency, and TBI
Rx: 40mg Celexa

"I don't need a life that's normal -- that's too far away. But something...next to normal would be okay"

#6 bpladybug

bpladybug

Your friendly bipolar Aunt

• Pip
  • 4570 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:52 PM

it sounds somewhat like science fiction
a personality without form or shape which shifts...

i would closely question my psychologist until I understood this

ladybuglove.jpg

'Mania is a dangerous Mistress.' BPLadybug

Bipolar 1
Treatment: 900 mgs Lithium, 900 mgs Neurontin, 400 mgs Seroquel, Xanax prn, Temazepam, fish oil, vitamins, Vit. D 5, 000 IU, exercize, some talk therapy and CBT Therapy. Exercize helps as does the Light Box; 30 mins every morning. I also have physical health challenges.

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.