• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 maristrider

maristrider

Human. Mostly.

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:56 AM

Am I the only one who wishes the board's gender field was more than a male/female/not telling drop-down box?

A lot of good references out there. Here are two:Wish I could quickly find the "why do you want the info? Gender-targeted advertising is often irrelevant and if you want to someone's preferred pronouns, that's what you should ask for"
Dx: Bipolar II, autistic, epilepsy, ABI/TBI, ED-NOS. C-PTSD much improved.
Rx: Lamictal, Topamax, Keppra, Perampanel (my profile pic).
Life: Disability advocate. Mature-age college student (attempt 3 at my degree). Newbie paratriathlete. There's a bookshop/cafe in there somewhere too.

#2 Velvet Elvis

Velvet Elvis

The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering.

• Admin
  • 13032 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:55 AM

I've brought this up with invision before and they were less than receptive.

De-gnosis: ADD, recurrent depression (or maybe bpII in the guise of such), Asperger's, OCD, social anxiety
Today's Pill Menu: Dexedrine, Wellbutrin (Budeprion), Strattera, Celexa, Risperdal, and clonazepam

Like other moderators and staff of crazyboards.org, I am not a health care professional. You have no way of knowing that I am not talking out my ass. Please do your own homework before making any health related decisions.

Buy me Stuff: Amazon Wishlist

#3 malachite

malachite

• Pip
  • 1251 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:19 PM

Excellent point, mcx. There are plenty of people who don't identify as male or female. I read the article by Sarah Dopp and like her idea of a spectrum of gender.

Type of Crazy: MDD and GAD
Former meds: Geodon, Effexor, Wellbutrin, Prozac, Lithium, Xanax, Klonopin, Zoloft, Paxil, Lamictal, Temazapam, Risperdal, Serzone, Trazodone, Lexapro, Xanax XR, Buspar, Effexor, Desipramine, and about seven more I can't remember.
Current psych meds: Clomipramine (50mg.) Valium (2mg.4
x a day) Trileptal (600mg.) Lunesta (2.mg) OR Ambien (10mg.) Trazodone (100mg.)
Other Meds: Crestor, Metformin,Omeprazole, Propanalol
Physical woes: Migraine, PCOS, CFIDS, Diabetes, High cholesterol
ECT (Fall 2010), (Fall 2012)

"You might be the wrong color, yeah, you might just be too poor. Justice isn't something, just anyone can afford."-Ani Difranco

#4 LunaRufina

LunaRufina

Briefly entertaining the possible outcomes of awkward moments...

• Inmate Emeritus
  • Pip
  • 4373 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:32 PM

Just as an aside, I know sarah and we used to make out all the time. I really had a thing for her [ and I think her for me] but our timing was always off, so we never could see if it went anywhere.

ANYWAY

She's a pretty smart chic with a great "head on her shoulders".
Cool to see this.
But unfourtunate, too.

"...what you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway.

People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
Help people anyway.

Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you have anyway.”

― Kent M. Keith, The Silent Revolution: Dynamic Leadership in the Student Council"

Midway

#5 bpladybug

bpladybug

Your friendly bipolar Aunt

• Pip
  • 4568 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:32 PM

this is a pertinent discussion, my husband considers a binary male/female gender option
as totally living him out, not counting who he is

luna, you made out with her?? :)

ladybuglove.jpg

'Mania is a dangerous Mistress.' BPLadybug

Bipolar 1
Treatment: 900 mgs Lithium, 900 mgs Neurontin, 400 mgs Seroquel, Xanax prn, Temazepam, fish oil, vitamins, Vit. D 5, 000 IU, exercize, some talk therapy and CBT Therapy. Exercize helps as does the Light Box; 30 mins every morning. I also have physical health challenges.

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.