Photo

Lower back tattoos---will they always be cool?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 olga

olga

Life is better when you bring home a furry pal

• Inmate
  • 10731 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:46 PM

http://gprime.net/vi...p/tattooremover

I'm bossy, opinionated, and over 60, so be prepared for advice if you post a question. However, I am not a medical professional, so please consult a doctor about your mental health issues and medications.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Be with someone who ruins your lipstick---not your mascara.

#2 bpladybug

bpladybug

Your friendly bipolar Aunt

• Pip
  • 4570 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

ha ha ha ha ha :lol: :D :P heh heh exactly

ladybuglove.jpg

'Mania is a dangerous Mistress.' BPLadybug

Bipolar 1
Treatment: 900 mgs Lithium, 900 mgs Neurontin, 400 mgs Seroquel, Xanax prn, Temazepam, fish oil, vitamins, Vit. D 5, 000 IU, exercize, some talk therapy and CBT Therapy. Exercize helps as does the Light Box; 30 mins every morning. I also have physical health challenges.

#3 Bionic Duelist

Bionic Duelist

Words as Weapons of the Terrified

• Pip
  • 1429 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:03 PM

I don't have one, have heard people call that a tramp stamp before. Not sure I would get one there, it's got to be excruciating....

#4 Destro

Destro

Inmate

• Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

Hahahaha. classic SNL stuff. love it
current dx: paranoid schizophrenia
previous dx: panic disorder, major depression with pychotic features, psychotic NOS
current rx: Seroquel, Zoloft, Klonopin, Propranolol
former rx: Abilify, zyprexa, wellbutrin, haldol, prozac, paxil, effexor

#5 Titania

Titania

• Inmate Emeritus
  • Pip
  • 5260 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:20 PM

I have one there, yes it hurt like hell. I cried. I am a redhead and very sensitive to pain, but it was my first tattoo and it really, really hurt. That said, I chose that spot because seeing tattoo guns buzzing makes me wanna hurl, so I liked facing away from it. That and the skin there is relatively taut, it doesn't tend to sag or wrinkle as much. I'm proud of it now and I don't regret it, I forgot the pain enough to get another one done, but I'm finished with tattoos now.

Smooth seriously said to me that maybe we should get matching tattoos because it would be 'a sign of commitment even though we're not at engagement stage yet.'(!) I was like, you can give a ring back, but a matching tattoo is a gift that keeps on shaming you....

“I am naïve and I have fucked up but I tell you something else. I believe in change. I don't mind getting my hands dirty because my hands are dirty already. I don't mind giving my life to this because I'm only alive because of the compassion and love of others.” Russell Brand.

"She said to go ahead and feel the feelings. I did. They felt like shit." Anne Lammot.

"you are not too old/and it is not too late/to dive into your increasing depths/where life calmly gives out/it's own secret" Rilke

"You," he said, "are a terribly real thing in a terribly false world, and that, I believe, is why you are in so much pain." Emilie Autumn - The Asylum For WayWard Victorian Girls.

#6 Bionic Duelist

Bionic Duelist

Words as Weapons of the Terrified

• Pip
  • 1429 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:47 PM

Yeah I have to believe it hurt something fierce to get a tat on the lower back hip area.

#7 seamonkey

seamonkey

• Pip
  • 291 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:49 PM

I recently turned my lower back tramp stamp dragon into a big ass koi fish that goes up to my bra strap. I didn't find it to be that painful except when he was working on the water, closer to my ass, where ironically, I have a lot more padding. It didn't get SUPER painful till about hour 5 of a 7 hour session
Bipolar, current cocktail 120mgs geodon, 1 mg Klonopin, 50mgs Seroque, .1mg clonidine

#8 december_brigette

december_brigette

• Pip
  • 2633 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:48 AM

If I ever ever ever get a tattoo it will be on my lower back and say "Don't look at my back fat."

My 2 brothers have a bazillion tattoos. I asked their artist if he would do it for me. He said he would do anything for money. :P

So far my pain threshold will not work and I'd rather spend the money on something else.

xoxo,
db

dx: bipolar 1, anxiety, and a little ptsd

current meds:
cymbalta 90mgs
depakote 1500 mg
prazosin 1 mg
seroquel 50 mg

topamax 50mg
xanax 2.50 mg

other meds ive tried: abilify, ambien, effexor xr, lamictal, lexapro, lithium, lunesta, paxil, provigil, tegretol, trazodone, wellbutrin, zoloft.

"I mixed Benadryl and Tegretol one time. Spent three days guessing weight at the Iowa State Fair. Got crabs, and a tattoo, of a crab," Andy on "weeds."

"Psychiatry is just this year's candy pink stove." from the tv show Madmen.

#9 Furious George

Furious George

• Pip
  • 225 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:51 AM

I'd like to have tattoos, but I know I would end up regretting them. What I enjoy or find cool today, is something that I won't be interested in tomorrow.

#10 claire466

claire466

just wee me!!!

• Pip
  • 478 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:58 PM

I'd love to have a back tattoo, maybe one day when i'm better. :)
Social anxiety disorder/Depression.

meds= 150mg Venlafaxine, 200mg Seroquel.

If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it. ~Mary Engelbreit

Posted Image

#11 maristrider

maristrider

Human. Mostly.

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:57 AM

I'd like to have tattoos, but I know I would end up regretting them. What I enjoy or find cool today, is something that I won't be interested in tomorrow.

I've had many many many temporary tattoos over the years. I got my first permanent ink at age 40. By then, I was sure what I wanted!
Dx: Bipolar II, autistic, epilepsy, ABI/TBI, ED-NOS. C-PTSD much improved.
Rx: Lamictal, Topamax, Keppra, Perampanel (my profile pic).
Life: Disability advocate. Mature-age college student (attempt 3 at my degree). Newbie paratriathlete. There's a bookshop/cafe in there somewhere too.

#12 Chiaroscuro

Chiaroscuro

If you want to make sense, what are you looking at me for??

• Pip
  • 510 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:36 AM

I've got 14 or so tattoos & def plan to get one on the "tramp stamp" area once I get to my goal weight!! lol. Am looking forward to it, but understand it's not everyone's cup of tea :)

"Visual bruises can be covered with makeup. But down to the core I'm all bruises" Majandra Delfino.
* These are just my personal opinions/ experiences/ things that have worked for me over time, they may or may not work for you, I'm not a medical professional. Seek medical advice before undertaking any exercise, medication, diet, or any major lifestyle changes *
Chiaroscuro: basically put; a juxtaposition of light & dark, commonly used in Art.
Current Dx:
Bipolar I -Rapid Cycling without psychosis-| Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)| Asthma| Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)| Self Dx: ED/ Calorie restriction/ Binging/ Over Eating/ Slight Purging/ Over Exercising /Fasting/ Abuse of laxatives/ Disordered Eating/ Self Injury/Harm.

Previous Dxs:

BPII

Rapid Cycling BPII
Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)

Some traits of some sort of personality disorder (Pdoc never said which PD he felt it was)

Lack of coping mechanisms

Impulse control issues
Current Rx:

Lamictal (Lamotrigine) 100mg AM| Zactin/Lovan/Prozac (fluoxetine) 20mg AM|Valium (Diazepam) 2mg tablets prn|Eutroxsig (levothyroxine as thyroxine sodium) 50mg AM 5 days & 100mg 2 days a week|Symbicort Inhaler 200mcd/6mcg prn|Nexium (esomeprazole) 20mg AM & PM |Zantac (ranitidine) prn|~for Hayfever~ Telfast (Fexofenadine) 180mg AM OR Zyrtec (cetirizine) 10mg AM 
Previous Rx:
Lithium| Seroquel XR & IR (Quetiapine) | Epilim (Sodium Valproate)|Pristiq (Desvenlafaxine)| Effexor XR (Venlafaxine)| Aropax (Paroxetine Hydrochloride)| Cipramil (Citalopram Hydrobromide)

"Think of the solution, not the problem" ~Richard Rahl~ -Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth Series-

#13 kevin59

kevin59

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:08 AM

It is always beneficial to have temporary tattoo, because they will give an option to remove them easily in future.

#14 Kodos

Kodos

Knowledge is power.

• Pip
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:35 PM

Posted Image

#15 bpladybug

bpladybug

Your friendly bipolar Aunt

• Pip
  • 4570 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:29 AM

ok, kodos
thank you for the picture
and that is absolutely strange tattooing your NAME on your self.
My name is Kelly. ?????????
who does that? I predict she will live to regret that.

ladybuglove.jpg

'Mania is a dangerous Mistress.' BPLadybug

Bipolar 1
Treatment: 900 mgs Lithium, 900 mgs Neurontin, 400 mgs Seroquel, Xanax prn, Temazepam, fish oil, vitamins, Vit. D 5, 000 IU, exercize, some talk therapy and CBT Therapy. Exercize helps as does the Light Box; 30 mins every morning. I also have physical health challenges.

#16 Titania

Titania

• Inmate Emeritus
  • Pip
  • 5260 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:32 AM

It could be photoshopped, I have seen a lot of 'bad tattoos' online that were photoshopped.

“I am naïve and I have fucked up but I tell you something else. I believe in change. I don't mind getting my hands dirty because my hands are dirty already. I don't mind giving my life to this because I'm only alive because of the compassion and love of others.” Russell Brand.

"She said to go ahead and feel the feelings. I did. They felt like shit." Anne Lammot.

"you are not too old/and it is not too late/to dive into your increasing depths/where life calmly gives out/it's own secret" Rilke

"You," he said, "are a terribly real thing in a terribly false world, and that, I believe, is why you are in so much pain." Emilie Autumn - The Asylum For WayWard Victorian Girls.

#17 shimmeree

shimmeree

• Pip
  • 756 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

that kelly tattoo is freaky. i don't know whether to laugh or cry.
i have a tattoo in the middle of my upper back. that was a weird experience. the guy would hit some nerve that made my arm fly up totally not under my control. it's a very important tattoo to me. i got it on the 11th anniversary of something horrible, and i thought about it for many years before getting it.

i don't think i'd get a lower back tattoo because of the convenient placement. i want something big and asymmetrical for my next back tattoo. i'll probably be planning it for the next 10 years, lol.

h

Dx: major depression, C-PTSD. (309.81, 296.3X), self- harm, alcohol abuse
Rx: 225 mg venlafaxine HCL (currently titrating up to 300 mg), 900 mg gabapentin TID, 50 mg trazodone
past Rx: Paxil, Wellbutrin, Lexapro, clonazepam, lorazepam

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being. ~ Carl Jung
We cannot change anything until we accept it. Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses. ~ Carl Jung

#18 Cetkat

Cetkat

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe..

• Pip
  • 3175 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

I have one around my wrist and one above my ankle. Not interested in a tramp stamp. The main painful bit was the underside of my wrist. I actually touched up the one on my wrist with a darker shade of the ink - I didn't want completely black ink, so it was a black/grey mix & it ended up a tad too grey. When I did the retouch, my artist was working out of his home so I got to watch Pirates of the Caribbean and drink rum & coke. Didn't hurt a bit then. :P

I'm betting the kelly thing is just photoshopped. I doubt anyone would go that far to have one night stands know their name (which is what the joke is referencing).

_ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _

Dx: Major Depression w/ Dysthymia and Panic Disorder, ADHD, Fibromyalgia
Pdoc's Theory Dx: Bipolar NOS (recently re-theorized by current pdoc)
Rx : Emsam 12mg/24hr, Strattera 80mg, Lyrica 150mg, Armour Thyroid 120mg (2 gr), Nadolol prn, Xanax prn, Methocarbamol 750mg prn
EXRx : Zoloft, Seroquel, Wellbutrin, Prozac, Lithium, Lamictal, Remeron, Lexapro, Abilify, Zyprexa, Geodon, Cymbalta, Paxil, Sonata, Lunesta, Effexor, Metadate, Risperdal, BuSpar, Ambien, Invega, Tegretol, Nortriptyline, Desipramine, Deplin, Neurontin, Concerta, Trazodone, Mirapex, Amitriptyline, Saphris, Prestiq

I do whatever my rice krispies tell me to.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"OK so cheese is trapped, so you can't have cheese." - MDK
_ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _. _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _

#19 crtclms

crtclms

Queen of Ergots

• Inmate
  • 9153 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

I have a tramp stamp, and 4 other tattoos. The tramp stamp was definitely the most painful. I am pretty sure there is a picture of it in my album on here. My tattoo artist said the lower spine and the line from your armpit to your hip over your ribs were the most painful areas. I have a friend who did paw prints up her side (she had her dog walk on paper with ink on his paws!), and she said it hurt like a bitch.

I have a little blackbird on my ankle that is one of those clip art ones, but I love it.

I have the character for my birth year on one of my shoulder blades (yes, it really says Rabbit, I majored in East Asian Studies, and while I sucked at Japanese, I knew how to look up the character); I have a NHL Pittsburgh Penguins tattoo which I lurve (Let's Go Pens!).

I also got a Grateful Dead dancing bear that was totally botched. I am going to get a cover up for that, I decided Pansies. I wanted to do Poppies, but decided I didn't want the drug reference. But I already know I am naming my next female dog Poppy.

But anyway, I can't do the tattoo until I can be sure to make it to two appointments (they require a discussion about what you want before they do a big piece, which I think is a good idea).

I think getting a tattoo referring to your partner jinxes relationships. I know that is superstition, but I can't think of a couple I know who did that, and are still together.

Dx: Bipolar 1; GAD; Migraine w/ Aura; Migraine w/o Aura; Renal Tubular Acidosis (caused by Zonegran); Status Migrainosus
Rx: Alprazolam; Botox; Buproprion; Dihydroergotomine via IV Infusion; Flexeril; Lamotrigine; Latuda; Lithium; Metoclopramide; Midrin; Migranal; Potassium Citrate; Prilosec; Promethazine; Riboflavin; Tizanidine; Verapamil; Vitamin D3
Currently Shelved: Abilify; Amerge; Anaprox; Atenolol; Buspar; Cafergot; Cymbalta; Depakote; Di-Hydro-ergotamine, injected; Gabapentin; Geodon; Imitrex Tablets; Klonopin; Maxalt; Namenda; Nortriptyline; Norvasc; Propranolol; Prozac; Risperidone; Relpax; Sansert; Sumatriptan injectables; Tegretol; Trazadone; Zoloft; Zolpidem; Zomig; Zonegran

Affectations can be dangerous. -Gertrude Stein

I moderate Bipolar, Panic/Anxiety, Dissociative Disorders, Migraine, Seizures, Not Otherwise Specified, Anticonvulsants, Side Effects, Family Feud, and I Still Have Issues. Remember, I am not a medical professional. PM me if you have any questions

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.