• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 bpladybug

bpladybug

Your friendly bipolar Aunt

• Pip
  • 4570 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

Our State Senate in Olymmpia Washington just passed a gay marriage bill. Yay!!!!

Next week it will go to the House where it is predicted to pass overwhelmingly.
Then it will go to our Governor who has already stated she will sign it.

Then, we will have gay marriage. Seattle can be a destination point for weddings. Awesome.

Edited by bpladybug, 08 February 2012 - 09:18 PM.

ladybuglove.jpg

'Mania is a dangerous Mistress.' BPLadybug

Bipolar 1
Treatment: 900 mgs Lithium, 900 mgs Neurontin, 400 mgs Seroquel, Xanax prn, Temazepam, fish oil, vitamins, Vit. D 5, 000 IU, exercize, some talk therapy and CBT Therapy. Exercize helps as does the Light Box; 30 mins every morning. I also have physical health challenges.

#2 sylvan

sylvan

Pill Party

• Admin
  • 4307 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:13 AM

What wonderful news!

It has been a year since one of the best people that I've ever had the pleasure of knowing passed away. He was strong, intelligent, caring, and honest. I had the honor of calling him Daddy. I will miss both my parents for as long as I live. I hope that I can be even half as good of a spouse, parent, and friend as the two of them were. Life is now forever changed for me. It will never be like it was. That doesn't mean it will all be bad, it will just be different.

#3 thedramapolice

thedramapolice

shit just got real.

• Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:50 AM

YAY! So I can now get married in New York AND Seattle if I so wish it?! AWESOME!

It is difficult, when faced with a situation you cannot control,

to admit you can do nothing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

almost twenty-three + here for talk therapy among like minds + artist + reader + writer + lover of an abundance of nerdy things

i blog more than i post because writing makes me feel good and i don't have a ton of questions, but i'm open to talk if you want

The Primary Diagnosis: Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma, Classical Type

My Treatment Regimen: ABVE + Nupogen + Prednisone + Bactrim on the weekends

The Backburner Diagnoses: Major Depressive Disorder, Nonverbal Learning Disorder
Current Chemistry Experiement: A trio of dogs with a lot of energy and personality (:

Maintenance stuff: Ativan PRN + Zofran PRN + Zantac + A handful of other things to

ensure optimal bodily functions while undergoing chemotherapy. AKA Necessary evils.

Old Meds: 25 mg Ritalin, 25 mg Zoloft, 5 mg Abilify, 450 mgs Wellbutrin

Remission Status: Bulimia NOS, ADD

#4 DebbyDowner

DebbyDowner

'Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.' Freud

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:13 AM

BPLady, congrats! I just watched an amaing real life documentary of an LGBT rights activist on Netflix. It may even be free on YT. It's also a love story, it's called 'For My Wife.' She passed (helped) a bill in your state. Check it out if you haven't already.

Debby Downer
:)
Debby Downer
RX Current Regimen: Geodon 20mg 2x a day.....Prozac 20 mg 2x a day...Klonopin .5 mg 3 x a day...Ambien 10 mg P.M.... Topomax 100 BID; Imitrex 50-100 as needed monthly

DX (1998): Bi-Polar 1 w/acute psychotic features mainly depressive, MDD w/psychotic features-yeah they can't decide or Bipolar 1 with OCD scrupulosity and PTSD, GAD and Panic Attacks.

No street drugs, no alcohol, I don't even smoke-hot date right? And I'm still barely keeping my head above water.

#5 Emettman

Emettman

One point of view lacks depth.

• Pip
  • 2240 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:37 AM

YAY! So I can now get married in New York AND Seattle if I so wish it?! AWESOME!

Just checking, but shouldn't that be "or"?

Chris.
"The world still doesn't make sense, but now I know why it doesn't make sense. That's progress."

#6 koali777

koali777

• Pip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:42 AM

Yep, I live around the Seattle area, and my girlfriend and I have been following the news :)

My "Issues": Bipolar I with psychotic features; type 1 diabetes

My meds: Zyprexa- 10 mg twice daily; Lithium- 900 mg at night; Trileptal- 600 mg twice daily; Wellbutrin- 450 mg daily; Ritalin- 10 mg twice daily; Xanax- 0.25 mg PRN; insulin pump

Past antidepressants: Celexa, Zoloft, Lexapro, Pristiq, Nortriptyline, Wellbutrin SR

Past antipsychotics: Risperdal, Abilify, Seroquel, Geodon, Saphris, Latuda, Invega

Past anti-anxiety meds: Klonopin, Vistaril

Past ADD meds: Vyvanse, Strattera, Adderall XR, Adderall IR

Past sleep meds: Rozerem, Benadryl, Ambien, Restoril, Trazodone

#7 shimmeree

shimmeree

• Pip
  • 756 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:45 AM

yay! my best friend is up there, and i'm just thrilled with the decision for her!!!

Dx: major depression, C-PTSD. (309.81, 296.3X), self- harm, alcohol abuse
Rx: 225 mg venlafaxine HCL (currently titrating up to 300 mg), 900 mg gabapentin TID, 50 mg trazodone
past Rx: Paxil, Wellbutrin, Lexapro, clonazepam, lorazepam

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being. ~ Carl Jung
We cannot change anything until we accept it. Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses. ~ Carl Jung

#8 otherwise the curved

otherwise the curved

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:59 AM

SO glad!

#9 blueandgray

blueandgray

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:44 AM

I am in MD and we are going through the same thing - last time, the bill got stopped in the House. Hopefully we can make it the whole way this time!!!

Congrats, WA!

#10 bpladybug

bpladybug

• Pip
  • 4570 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:07 PM

BPLady, congrats! I just watched an amaing real life documentary of an LGBT rights activist on Netflix. It may even be free on YT. It's also a love story, it's called 'For My Wife.' She passed (helped) a bill in your state. Check it out if you haven't already.

Debby Downer
:)

was that the story about the flash flood, the woman drowned in her own basement and her partner was not allowed
to see her in the hospital? yeah, she is a local celebrity (due to the tragedy) and I have heard her speak
heartbreaking story

I will report back about the House vote and then when the governor signs the bill!!!

ladybuglove.jpg

Bipolar 1
Treatment: 900 mgs Lithium, 900 mgs Neurontin, 400 mgs Seroquel, Xanax prn, Temazepam, fish oil, vitamins, Vit. D 5, 000 IU, exercize, some talk therapy and CBT Therapy. Exercize helps as does the Light Box; 30 mins every morning. I also have physical health challenges.

#11 danceintherain

danceintherain

• Pip
  • 1082 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:39 PM

:-)
bipolar I ish. Used to have some ptsd-like crap, but that's resolved.

current RXs: Ativan (1 mg), Lamictal (300mg, split); WellbutrinXL (150mg); geodon (20mgs w/ food). Also levothyroxine (75 mcg), levosertralizine, and
birth control.

Past Rxs: zoloft (like a sugar pill); lexapro (hit an akathesia problem or something else nasty like that); seroquel; ambien; sonata (all worked at different points in time, just changed for different reasons); effexorXR (wonderful for helping to yank me out of an episode; stopped after a few years b/c it seemed to be causing some agitation).

#12 bpladybug

bpladybug

• Pip
  • 4570 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:57 PM

Yay!! The gay marriage bill passed our State House!
55 - 43
I have met a few people in that photo. I am happy!!!!!!
http://seattletimes....home/index.html

Now Governor Gregoire will sign it.

And THEN we can have a booming wedding business which will be great
for all the florists, event planners, wedding dress and tux shops,
restaurants and caterers, the Space Needle and all other venues.
Including floating weddings on boats for hire
and San Juan Island County destination weddings.
Bring in your friends, take a ferry to an island where you have
rented a B & B for your wedding party. That is very popular.
Plus extra work for photographers, hair stylists, printers.

Come get married in Seattle!!!!

I am thinking of this as a fiscal stimulation bill.
This bill was many, many years in the making. I am proud of my state.

www.thegsba.org is our GLBT Chamber of Commerce

Edited by bpladybug, 08 February 2012 - 09:00 PM.

ladybuglove.jpg

Bipolar 1

#13 bpladybug

bpladybug

• Pip
  • 4570 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

Hip Hip Hooray! The governor just signed the gay marriage bill. It will go into effect in June.
Just in time for June weddings.

Such happy news, and long overdue.

Ladybug

ladybuglove.jpg

Bipolar 1

#14 daisy

daisy

Daisy

• Pip
  • 527 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

That is awesome news!!!

Love, Daisy

Dx: Bipolar II that mainly focuses on severe depression. I also have General Anxiety Disorder with panic attacks, ADHD - inattentive, mild OCD, mild agoraphobia, mild "some sort of eating disorder,"and insomnia. I also have Hopefulness, Optimism, Idealism & Surprisingly Happy Disorder. That helps!  :)

Rx: Lamictal 400 mg, Geodon 160 mg, Forfivo 450 mg, Armour Thyroid 60 mg, Vyvanse 70 mg, Adderall 30 mg PRN, clonazepam 1 mg TID, temazepam 60 mg, alprazolam 1 mg PRN, and Diet Dr Pepper 2x daily. (Will be going off Forfivo, Vyvanse, and Adderall completely and cutting down on benzos for a medical study for dTMS for Bipolar Depression.)

Previous Rx: Abilify, Adderall XR, Ambien, Ambien CR, Aplenzin, Concerta, Deplin, Effexor, Latuda, Lexapro, Lithium, Lunesta, Parnate, Paxil, Pristiq, Prozac, Remeron, Ritalin, Seroquel, Sonata, Topamax, Trazodone, Wellbutrin SR, Wellbutrin XL, and Zoloft.
Other Treatments: 15 unilateral ECT treatments between August 5, 2011 to September 29, 2011; 13 bilateral ECT treatments between November 2, 2011 to December 16, 2011. Use of a light box.

"A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep. In dreams, you will lose your heartaches. Whatever you wish for, you keep. Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come true."
-- Cinderella

"I could never be cynical. I wouldn't dare. I'd roll over and die before that."
-- Audrey Hepburn

"Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in the lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists. It is real. It is possible. It is yours."
-- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

#15 sowordy

sowordy

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:23 PM

this is fantastic!!!! congrats!!!!
I live in NJ and hope we get our act together very soon...

#16 malachite

malachite

• Pip
  • 1353 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:45 AM

State by state getting closer to a country that will finally do the right thing. Congratulations to Washington!

Type of Crazy: MDD and GAD
Former meds: Geodon, Effexor, Wellbutrin, Prozac, Lithium, Xanax, Klonopin, Zoloft, Paxil, Lamictal, Temazapam, Risperdal, Serzone, Trazodone, Lexapro, Xanax XR, Buspar, Effexor, Desipramine, and about seven more I can't remember.
Current psych meds: Clomipramine (50mg.) Valium (2mg.4
x a day) Trileptal (600mg.) Lunesta (2.mg) OR Ambien (10mg.) Trazodone (100mg.)
Other Meds: Crestor, Metformin,Omeprazole, Propanalol
Physical woes: Migraine, PCOS, CFIDS, Diabetes, High cholesterol
ECT (Fall 2010), (Fall 2012)

"You might be the wrong color, yeah, you might just be too poor. Justice isn't something, just anyone can afford."-Ani Difranco

#17 bpladybug

bpladybug

• Pip
  • 4570 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:19 AM

Governor Gregoire signed the bill. Same sex marriage in Washington State in June!!

Hooray!! :D

Posted Image

Edited by bpladybug, 15 February 2012 - 02:27 AM.

ladybuglove.jpg

Bipolar 1

#18 Gearhead

Gearhead

The Iguana In a Room Full of Rabbits

• Inmate
  • 2182 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:18 AM

Mazel tov!

Bipolar I, sports fans. Autism spectrum. With just un soupçon of migraine...Crazy, but not irrational.

Give us this day our daily meds: 150 lamotrigine, 75 topiramate, 150 Seroquel XR, 100 Seroquel IR, 12.5 Ambien CR,
60 mgs Cymbalta

4000 i.u. Vit. D3
Azelastine nasal spray 2x/per nostril 2x daily
Etodolac 400 mgs 2x/daily and Votaren Gel 2 grams 2x/daily for joint pain NOS

Cyclobenzaprine and Midrin PRN

Past, failed attempts: Effexor XR, Celexa, amitriptyline, Depakote, escitalopram, Geodon, klonopin, ativan, bupropion, busipirone, lithium, trazodone, Lunesta, Rozerem, gabapentine, mirtazapine, Wellbutrin, Temazepam, Sonata

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world: indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. -Margaret Mead

#19 claire466

claire466

just wee me!!!

• Pip
  • 478 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

Good stuff!!! :)
Social anxiety disorder/Depression.

meds= 150mg Venlafaxine, 200mg Seroquel.

If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it. ~Mary Engelbreit

Posted Image

#20 2Spirals

2Spirals

Keeping this human mind entertained.

• Pip
  • 752 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

YAY WA! I am proud of my state. Although I am also wondering about the same-sex domestic partnerships status once marriage becomes legal here. I am still domestically parternered in the eyes of the law to an ex. Maybe once legal marriage takes effect that nullifies the domestic partnership? I hope it doesn't automatically make us married or something that would suck real real bad... I keep hearing in order to remove the DP I'd need a alwyer and to file paperwork same as a marriage so I've been putting it off... Any thoughts on this?

Diagnosis: Bipolar I, Generalized Anxiety Disorder & Panic Disorder
Medications: Lamictal 200mg, Lorazepam 2mg (PRN), Clonazepam 2mg, Wellbutrin 300mg, Lyrica 50mg
Old Medications: Buspar, Paxil, Lexapro, Lamictal, Topamax, Geodon, Clonazepam, Abilify, Seroquel XR, Citalopram, Risperidone, Seroquel IR, Viibryd, wellbutrin

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.