• Please log in to reply
4234 replies to this topic

#4221 koa

koa

Open foot, insert mouth.

• Inmate
  • 2073 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:11 AM

Walked to the post office and back (about 3 miles total.)  Worked out at the gym later... ran 2 miles and did some exercises on a balance ball.  

Diagnosis: Psychosis NOS, Depression

RX:, Latuda 20mg, Lexapro 10 mg, Wellbutrin 300 mg, 5000 mg Vitamin D, Fish oil
Previous RX: Zyprexa, Abilify, Prozac, Ativan, Risperdal

#4222 The Dead Guy

The Dead Guy

Shax and Stolas fighting over a Roomba

• Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:16 PM

No exercise here lately ( for awhile anyway).

I came here hoping to get some motivation.

same here, Teacup.  how are you doing? 

i'm terribly out of shape, and sometimes my worst knee -- both knees are bad -- prevents me doing much involving that leg.  there is other pain & fatigue, as well as serious lack of motivation.  i have to try to fight, or it is only going to get worse.

i did my 30 min owl pond walk today.  also 10 canned-goods arm curls each arm.  not much but it's a start.

No exercise here lately ( for awhile anyway).

I came here hoping to get some motivation.

Just wanted to leave some encouragement for both of you. I always tell myself that even if I'm  having a day where I can't meet the goal I set for myself, it only matters that I do something every day. I get points for doing it at all. 

I walked seven miles today, split up over two walks. I get bonus points for this because it's cold as hell out here. 

Dx: Depersonalization disorder, MDD (refractory), general anxiety, EDNOS.

Rx: Zoloft, therapy. Music PRN ;)

#4223 Wooster

Wooster

"I need a drink and a peer group." -Ford Prefect

• Admin
  • 6697 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:07 PM

short dog walk to get coffee for Mr W (because I'm nice and the dog needed airing out) about 20 minutes

and vacuuming about 10 min, but because I'm still sick, both were cardio workouts today

Boards I mod on: self harm, panic/anxiety, ptsd, ocd, dissociative, sleep, not otherwise specified, benzos, lifestyle alternatives, therapy, health care system

Current medicaments: 60# golden retriever service dog, swellbutrin & sertraline, mega vitamin D, klonipin for sleep

*disclaimer--Nothing I write should be construed as professional advice or creating a therapeutic relationship.*

Hurray! I *finally* figured out how to correct my starting weight on MFP!
21850981.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

#4224 Sync

Sync

Fall down seven times. Get up eight.

• Pip
  • 397 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:09 AM

Full 30 min (26/4) step routine today.

Having problems with motivation lately. I'm being really careful to be super positive to myself about any exercise I do. 

Dx: OCD, PTSD, Social Anxiety Disorder

Rx: 100mg Sertraline (I love this med and want to marry it and have lots of med babies)

Non-psych Dx: Migraine w/aura, Basilar migraine, Acephalgic migraine (Basilar migraine symptoms w/o headache)

"If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth." - Carl Sagan

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."

#4225 Wooster

Wooster

• Admin
  • 6697 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:45 PM

That's a great habit to make, sync!

The more encouraging we are to ourselves, the more likely we will build positive thinking around our habits.

Otherwise, "the beatings and whippings will continue until morale improves" seems to be the default, eh?

Boards I mod on: self harm, panic/anxiety, ptsd, ocd, dissociative, sleep, not otherwise specified, benzos, lifestyle alternatives, therapy, health care system

Current medicaments: 60# golden retriever service dog, swellbutrin & sertraline, mega vitamin D, klonipin for sleep

*disclaimer--Nothing I write should be construed as professional advice or creating a therapeutic relationship.*

21850981.png

#4226 LikeMinded

LikeMinded

CAUTION: Severe Elocution Hazard. Engage in conversation with care.

• Pip
  • 2206 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:40 PM

Playing against my Xbox in Kinect Sports Season 2 Tennis... Which is a game where you literally run around your living room pretending you're playing real tennis.  There's a special body motion sensor (Kinect) that makes sure you're working yourself out.

I don't stop until the count reaches 150 kcal, which is if you play the game as if you were playing ping-pong... as a former competitive tennis player, I play it in real-life style, including jumping in the air to make shots and holding a kid-size tennis racquet (anything larger risks banging into the ceiling fan in my house's living room!).  So I think I'm burning a *little* bit more than 150 calories with 90 minutes of this thing.

This is in line with my pulmonologist's recommendations that I do 90 minutes of mildly aerobic activity *every single day*.

Note that this activity is correlated directly and inversely to productivity at my part time research position and my grades as a student... to say nothing of correlation of requiring more sleeping to make up for exercise-induced lack of oxygen. :brooding:

On the bright side, I lost 5 lbs. of pure bodyfat, not that I was overweight to begin with.  But my pulmo still says I should reduce to around 120 lbs. -- the *underweight* threshold for a male my size (5'7", 140 lbs currently). :brooding:

Edited by LikeMinded, 28 February 2015 - 08:41 PM.

CAUTION: I'm a graduate computational medicine/allied health information student, and NOT a licensed clinician of any sort in any part of the world.  I can come up with lots of algorithms, generalities, and statistics but cannot provide specific medical advice for you!  You, along with your healthcare provider/pdoc/tdoc/etc. are the best decision makers for what is best!

Me: MDD, AD/HD, HFA/PDD-NOS/Partial Neurotypicality/WTF, REM behavioral disorder/misc. sleep issues, some variant of PTSD... toss in hypothyroidism, post-meningitis-related Parkinson's disease/tremor, early stage pulmonary hypertension from a connective tissue disorder that wants me dead before age 60, and a few misc. manly hormone issues, and you'll get a few insights on where that PTSD came from.

Now on: Cymbalta, mirtazapine, oxybutynin, clonazepam, lamotrigine, clonidine, levothyroxine, metformin, Testim.  As Velvet Elvis implied, I sound like a freakin' maraca salesman when I go through airport security.

#4227 koa

koa

Open foot, insert mouth.

• Inmate
  • 2073 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:26 PM

Went for a great wintertime hike today in the Smoky Mountains.  

20150228_143834_zpsnjg89yzt.jpg

20150228_143704_zpsi8y2jizi.jpg

20150228_143428_zpssr96fsdf.jpg

20150228_143054_zpslx344s17.jpg

20150228_144501_zpsvotjxpbb.jpg

20150228_144515_zpssgq8y4zx.jpg

20150228_143821_zpsb6muba6x.jpg

20150228_141744_zpsv5evomth.jpg

20150228_141904_zpsfvjpgld1.jpg

20150228_140246_zpssxdb98aq.jpg

20150228_133004_zpslegvl89n.jpg

The hike was 8 miles but I really felt all of it because hiking in snow is pretty difficult.

Had a really fun day.

Edited by koa, 28 February 2015 - 10:32 PM.

Diagnosis: Psychosis NOS, Depression

RX:, Latuda 20mg, Lexapro 10 mg, Wellbutrin 300 mg, 5000 mg Vitamin D, Fish oil
Previous RX: Zyprexa, Abilify, Prozac, Ativan, Risperdal

#4228 melissaw72

melissaw72

My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash and it's gone.

• Pip
  • 24366 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:27 PM

Koa ... that looks awesome!

On the bright side, I lost 5 lbs. of pure bodyfat, not that I was overweight to begin with.  But my pulmo still says I should reduce to around 120 lbs. -- the *underweight* threshold for a male my size (5'7", 140 lbs currently). :brooding:

Glad you lost weight!  Curious as to why your DR wants you down to 120 lbs?  IMO that is low for a 5'7 male.  Average weights for males are 106 pounds for the first 5 feet, then multiply 6 x the number of inches after that.  Then add those numbers together.  This is what I was taught in school.

Current Psychiatric Dxs ... Schizoaffective, Schizophrenia-type; Anxiety disorder, PTSD, agoraphobia

Also recovered Anorexic/Bulimic finally after 20 years.

Current meds: Provigil, Klonopin, Xanax, Naltrexone, Wellbutrin, Abilify, Lamictal, Prozac, Lansoprazole, Linzess, QVAR inhaler, Xopenex inhaler, Flonase, Flexeril, Zofran.

Any questions just ask :)

"I'm still kind of mad they never actually told us how to get to Sesame Street."

#4229 Sync

Sync

• Pip
  • 397 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:29 AM

Full 30 min (26/4) step aerobic routine today.

That's a great habit to make, sync!

The more encouraging we are to ourselves, the more likely we will build positive thinking around our habits.

Otherwise, "the beatings and whippings will continue until morale improves" seems to be the default, eh?

Thanks! Not only is it much healthier for me mentally, if I don't do it I'll lose my will to exercise inside of a week.

Negative feedback just makes me shut down. If I get down on myself about exercise I'll be miserable and I'll just avoid it entirely. 

Lots of positivity keeps my mind happy and my exercise fun and rewarding :)

Went for a great wintertime hike today in the Smoky Mountains.  

The hike was 8 miles but I really felt all of it because hiking in snow is pretty difficult.

Had a really fun day.

I am so jealous! That looks beautiful!

Rx: 100mg Sertraline (I love this med and want to marry it and have lots of med babies)

Non-psych Dx: Migraine w/aura, Basilar migraine, Acephalgic migraine (Basilar migraine symptoms w/o headache)

"If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth." - Carl Sagan

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."

#4230 LikeMinded

LikeMinded

CAUTION: Severe Elocution Hazard. Engage in conversation with care.

• Pip
  • 2206 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:32 AM

koa -- Gorgeous pictures!  I can't hike at altitude because of my lungs but I'm glad you were able to snap these beauties!

melissa -- 5'7" and 120 lbs. = BMI of 19 (lower limit of normal weight).  My current BMI is 22 (smack in the middle of normal).  Granted, I also think that my pulmo's suggestion of 120 is insane.

CAUTION: I'm a graduate computational medicine/allied health information student, and NOT a licensed clinician of any sort in any part of the world.  I can come up with lots of algorithms, generalities, and statistics but cannot provide specific medical advice for you!  You, along with your healthcare provider/pdoc/tdoc/etc. are the best decision makers for what is best!

Me: MDD, AD/HD, HFA/PDD-NOS/Partial Neurotypicality/WTF, REM behavioral disorder/misc. sleep issues, some variant of PTSD... toss in hypothyroidism, post-meningitis-related Parkinson's disease/tremor, early stage pulmonary hypertension from a connective tissue disorder that wants me dead before age 60, and a few misc. manly hormone issues, and you'll get a few insights on where that PTSD came from.

Now on: Cymbalta, mirtazapine, oxybutynin, clonazepam, lamotrigine, clonidine, levothyroxine, metformin, Testim.  As Velvet Elvis implied, I sound like a freakin' maraca salesman when I go through airport security.

#4231 melissaw72

melissaw72

My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash and it's gone.

• Pip
  • 24366 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:47 AM

Walked around my apartment for a half hour.

Current Psychiatric Dxs ... Schizoaffective, Schizophrenia-type; Anxiety disorder, PTSD, agoraphobia

Also recovered Anorexic/Bulimic finally after 20 years.

Current meds: Provigil, Klonopin, Xanax, Naltrexone, Wellbutrin, Abilify, Lamictal, Prozac, Lansoprazole, Linzess, QVAR inhaler, Xopenex inhaler, Flonase, Flexeril, Zofran.

Any questions just ask :)

"I'm still kind of mad they never actually told us how to get to Sesame Street."

#4232 Wooster

Wooster

• Admin
  • 6697 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:24 AM

I'm super jelly of koa's hikes too... especially the ones with snow.

Back to my usual 30 minute dog walk before breakfast.

21850981.png

#4233 Sync

Sync

• Pip
  • 397 posts

Posted Today, 02:01 AM

Full 30 min (26/4) step aerobic routine.

#4234 Sawi

Sawi

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted Today, 06:44 AM

No. I do wanna go for a walk.
However I went swimming yesterday and it was really good. Using your whole body, the hugging feeling of water and the tired feeling after it rocks (everything for a good night of sleep!)

I might go again on Friday.

Dx: BPD, ADHD.

Meds: Prozac 20mg (first AD), Seroquel 25mg (sleep)

#4235 Wooster

Wooster

• Admin
  • 6697 posts

Posted Today, 11:00 AM

I'm with you, Sawi. I really like being in the water. Mostly I like to do "old lady water aerobics" though.

30 minute walk at lunch yesterday.

30 minute walk this morning.

21850981.png

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.