• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#81 scatty

scatty

The only way out is through.

• Pip
  • 3955 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

I will no longer be posting in this thread, or any thread, due to a mod getting pissed at my reasons to support my family.  Soory!

Dx:
Bipolar I & Anxiety.  Self diagnosed cunt.

My New (old) Meds: (previously these kept me the most stable)
Lithium ER 1350 mgs.
Lamictal 200 mgs.

Klonopin 2 mgs.

Practicing CBT, DBT, and ACT self-help therapy.

Crazy since the 80's!

#82 Wooster

Wooster

"I need a drink and a peer group." -Ford Prefect

• Admin
  • 4665 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:11 PM

Scatty, I'm sorry that's how you interpreted what happened in response to your blog and that you needed to say it somewhere.

This thread isn't the place for that.

Please know that you are a valued member of our community.

Edited by Wooster, 18 June 2013 - 11:31 PM.

Boards I mod on: self harm, panic/anxiety, ptsd, ocd, dissociative, sleep, not otherwise specified, benzos, lifestyle alternatives, therapy, health care system

Current meds: 60# golden retriever service dog, (swellbutrin, light box, vitamin D for the impending lack of sunlight blahs)

*disclaimer--Nothing I write should be construed as professional advice or creating a therapeutic relationship.*

Posted Image
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

#83 bookgirl

bookgirl

I think I can, I think I can

• Pip
  • 308 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

I started using the boxcars thought defusion exercise last night and today - really interesting. I just did the general one where you put each thought, sensation, and memory on a boxcar. The first time I tried, I visualized the train moving REALLY fast, so it didn't work at all. Then I reread the instructions and it said the train was moving very slowly. Duh.

But anyway - I found it interesting. I was able to put most of my thoughts and sensations on the boxcars, but I kept getting stuck on memories of arguments with my ex. Really weird because it's been ten months since we broke up and we were only together for six months and, you know, I thought I was over it. I guess my mind gets phished because I have an "I'm unlovable and will always be alone" lure going on. I like how this differs from CBT - I hated the "argue/reason your way out of it" approach of CBT. I'm finding the thought defusion more helpful and common sense-ish - of course the thoughts memories aren't going to go away any time soon! Might as well learn how sit with them, observe them, let them pass by, and not get trapped.

Next is the exercise where I have to specifically put the nicknames for my lures on the boxcars. Not looking forward to this - I suspect it will be hard. But worth it, I suppose. 

Dx: Bipolar 1, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Binge Eating Disorder

Rx:  Seroquel (mania, psychosis, depression, and sleep), Lamictal (mood stabilizer), Trileptal (mood stabilizer), Lunesta (sleep), Mirapex (depression), Klonopin (anxiety)

Past Rx: Damn near everything

#84 Wooster

Wooster

• Admin
  • 4665 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

Oooooh... good work, bookgirl!

Boards I mod on: self harm, panic/anxiety, ptsd, ocd, dissociative, sleep, not otherwise specified, benzos, lifestyle alternatives, therapy, health care system

Current meds: 60# golden retriever service dog, (swellbutrin, light box, vitamin D for the impending lack of sunlight blahs)

*disclaimer--Nothing I write should be construed as professional advice or creating a therapeutic relationship.*

Posted Image

#85 werehorse

werehorse

• Pip
  • 542 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:00 AM

Hi, I've brought this thread back up because I wanted to ask if anyone was still using ACT and how they were finding it?

I had a psychology assessment recently and her recommendation for me was ACT. I was pleased because I read a book about it a couple of years ago and thought it would be a good fit - I'm just useless at using workbooks on my own! 

Just a shame that I have to wait six months!

@Were_Horse

http://werehorse.blogspot.co.uk

Current Dx: Persistent Mood Disorder Not Otherwise Specified
Current Rx: lamictal 100mg, depakote 1500mg, quetiapine 500mg, paroxetine 30mg

Previous Rx: fluoxetine, lofepramine, citalopram, risperidone, quetiapine, aripiprazole, amisulpride, carbamazepine

#86 forgetmenot220

forgetmenot220

• Pip
  • 502 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:02 AM

I use it!!! It's sooooo helpful and has really turned things around for me. It's been going on 4 years now!

Edited by forgetmenot220, 14 December 2013 - 09:02 AM.

current dx: schizoaffective, and GAD.

"If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you."

Winnie the Pooh

#87 scatty

scatty

The only way out is through.

• Pip
  • 3955 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

What do you do when you have no values?  I suppose I want my SO and kids to do well, but do0 not care for family, friends, hobbies, jobs, volunteering or anything else.  I have no interests really.  I just want to bide my time until I die.  Shoulod I give up ACT until I care?  Should I fake what I MIGHT want to do someday and work towards it?  And thank you for your concern Wooster, but when I delete a thread or edit it I will say whatever the fuck I want to express my opinion.  If free speech isn't allowed here, where the fuck is it allowed? 

But how do I procede with ACT?  Should even try?  I am lost, confused, and living in hell because ACT was so beneficial to me for a long time and now it seems hopeless.

Dx:
Bipolar I & Anxiety.  Self diagnosed cunt.

My New (old) Meds: (previously these kept me the most stable)
Lithium ER 1350 mgs.
Lamictal 200 mgs.

Klonopin 2 mgs.

Practicing CBT, DBT, and ACT self-help therapy.

Crazy since the 80's!

#88 Wooster

Wooster

• Admin
  • 4665 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:40 PM

Scatty, the job of the mod team is to keep threads on topic.

You spilled out from another topic into this one and it wasn't relevant to this thread.

Free speech does not mean you can say whatever you want wherever you want without feedback.

On the boards there are appropriate places for nearly every kind of conversation.

So back to the topic at hand...
I suspect you do have values even if it is difficult to identify them. For example, what you just wrote above leads me to believe that you value freedom and independence.

Posted Image

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.