http://www.buzzfeed....ocd-self-insane

OH em GEE!

DX: Depressive Disorder NOS, Grand-Mal Seizures
RX:
Wellbutrin 300mg, Zoloft 100mg, Lamictal 200mg, Keppra 1,000mg
PRN: Xanax 1.0mg, Ambien 10mg

#2 melissaw72

melissaw72

My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash and it's gone.

• Pip
  • 18082 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:28 AM

Wow! I don't have OCD anymore, and also have had friends who did. Those would drive a person insane. The counting is what used to get to me.

Current Psychiatric Dxs ... Schizoaffective, bipolar type; Anxiety disorder, PTSD, agoraphobia

Also recovered Anorexic/Bulimic finally after 20 years.

Current meds: Provigil, Klonopin, Xanax, Naltrexone, Wellbutrin SR, Abilify, Lamictal, Prozac, Lansoprazole, Linzess, QVAR inhaler, Xopenex inhaler, Methimazole, Flonase, Propranolol, Flexeril, Zofran.

Any questions just ask :)

"I've learned so much from my mistakes, I think I'll make a few more."

#3 spongeybob

spongeybob

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:47 AM

omg
i dont have ocd but all those things would drive me mental :P

Dx - PTSD, Schizoid, depression, anxiety
Pdoc - still looking for a reason for the strange hallucinations
Med - venaflaxine 225mg , abilify 15mg

still feel weird, gimme a few more arms and legs and could crawl out of my own skin

#4 hallowedink

hallowedink

Reality is cheap; as soon as you stop believing in it, it goes away.

• Pip
  • 1769 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:22 AM

Ugh, they drive me insane too. I just want to get in the pictures and fix them!

My Brain Salad: BPD, MDD, Insomnia, Anorexia Nervosa, "very likely" C-PTSD, Migraines
What they give me for it: Seroquel 300mg, Wellbutrin 300mg, Lofepramine 140mg, Pizotifen 3mg, Naproxen PRN, Zopiclone PRN, Valium PRN`

Have also dealt with: Panic Disorder (now in remission), Self-harm (stopped ~4 months, but still relapsing occasionally)

#5 Rae-Rae

Rae-Rae

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:27 AM

I guess mild OCD is correct. Half didn't bother me, the other half would have me on the floor with a chisel and glue and I wouldn't stop until those tiles were perfect. Seriously, who does that?
“Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.”
-Albert Einstein

Dx-ADHD combined type, overfocused, GAD, mild OCD.
meds-escitalopram 20 mg, lorazepam .5 prn, 10 mg adderall.
supplements-magnesium, fish oil, melatonin.

#6 meganhalley

meganhalley

Crazy IS my super power. What's yours?

• Pip
  • 327 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:35 AM

I have OCPD, and every one of those pictures drove me insane, but I was able to laugh. Also 19 pictures?! Not 20?! ARGH!!!!!!!
Kinda makes me want to take pictures now of shit that drives me absolutely batty now though.

#7 Mrs. Brady

Mrs. Brady

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:46 AM

Ahahahahahah just wasted a good half hour on buzz feed. LOVE!
Oh hello couch...I missed you

#8 lms10691

lms10691

• Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:19 AM

I can totally relate to no.15 lol my boyfriend always leaves extra time on the microwave screen and every time I see it I'm like 'aaaahhh whhyyyy?!' and must immediately fix it, but the others, my gosh I could just not be around those things.

And probably moreso no.1 , I don't let other people use my stationery simply because it doesn't get put back in its correct order, and if cant remember exactly which order the pencils were in originally I spend hours reworking them until they're right...solution, no one but me touches my stationery and art supplies. I'm in a crisis at the moment because I'm having trouble finding affordable, different sized, yet MATCHING containers for my art supplies and as such everything is still unopened :( they can't be opened until they have storage and it just won't work unless it matches so for now, no art supplies for me.

#9 meganhalley

meganhalley

Crazy IS my super power. What's yours?

• Pip
  • 327 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

I think the tiles and things that could not be fixed without lots of work bothered me the most. I would have had to have taken all the pills out of the containers and put them in something else. And who just pops a pill out of the middle of a pack?! No. And I probably would have thrown one away if there were an odd number (my current pill schedule mocks me every damn day, and it's hell).

And I totally relate to the need for MATCHING containers. I hate buying something I like to contain something, and then have it go out of stock, never to be found again and not having anything else to match it. Leaves lots of clear plastic for me, which I find incredibly boring.

#10 lms10691

lms10691

• Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

Lol my boyfriend gave me my pills one night when I wouldn't get out of bed to take them and when I next looked at the pack he had taken them from a strange spot and I was like 'nooooo! how could you?' and he was like 'ummm what did I do' then I explained how he made it uneven, he just didn't quite get it and found it very amusing every time I went to take my pills after that until that sheet ran out because apparently I would pull a funny face and get very agitated. It was not funny however, I was so very happy when that sheet of pills ran out as I couldn't put them in something else because they were the kind that melt when taken out of their packaging. Silly pills I wish they all came in bottles, now that is nice and neat and tidy.

#11 Breebree93

Breebree93

That one guy

• Pip
  • 407 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:37 AM

The only one that really bothered me was 1.

You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then the one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun
And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking

And racing around to come up behind you again
~Pink Floyd

#12 exl2398

exl2398

• Pip
  • 1389 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:49 AM

gah. most of those made my skin crawl. I felt repulsed. especially with 3, 6, 8, 9, 11 (that is simply grotesque), 12, 13, and 19.
Diagnosis: Bipolar type I rapid cycling, PTSD, OCD, intermittant psychosis, general insanity
Past diagnosis: MDD, bipolar type II, schizoaffective disorder (this might have been a more accurate description of what I have, but who knows), depression
Rx: Lamictal 300mg, topomax 100mg, clomipramine (spelling?) 225mg, lithium carbonate, idk the dose.
Past Rx: Symbyax (made me paranoid), Celexa (worthless), Abilify (blurry vision), Geodon (made me paranoid), Wellbutrin (made me rage), Pristiq (worthless), topomax (worthless), emsam (worthless), risperdal (worsened diabetes and made me gain 82lbs, discontinued 10/2011), remeron (worthless POS that made me binge eat at night, discontinued 6/2012)

...In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid...

#13 wj74

wj74

complicated

• Pip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:19 AM

Those things bothered me and I'm a perfectionist, not OCD. My husband does have OCD and I don't think any of those things would really bother him unless he was in the middle of a ritual.

SZA, bipolar type.

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.