Photo
- - - - -

How many times a day do you take meds?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: How many times a day do you take meds? (63 member(s) have cast votes)

How many times a day do you take meds?

1. Voted 1 (9 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. 2 (26 votes [41.27%])

Percentage of vote: 41.27%

3. 3 (13 votes [20.63%])

Percentage of vote: 20.63%

4. 4 (8 votes [12.70%])

Percentage of vote: 12.70%

5. 5 (5 votes [7.94%])

Percentage of vote: 7.94%

6. More than 5 (2 votes [3.17%])

Percentage of vote: 3.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 TOT

TOT

• Pip
  • 612 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

I had 3 new meds added this week and I went from taking meds twice a day to 5 times a day. Well, technically, meds 4 times a day and a vitamin once separately from all the meds. The new ones apparently don't play well with others. Or food.

How about you?

#2 notfred

notfred

• Pip
  • 2426 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

Morning, evening and at bedtime. The bulk is taken morning and evening. I end up taking a lot of pills for diabetes and its complications plus allergies.

#3 koa

koa

Live every week like it's shark week.

• Inmate
  • 1734 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:13 PM

Once a day, but I also take ativan as needed.
Diagnosis: Schizoaffective Disorder, Depressive Type (or possibly depression with psychotic features)
RX:, Latuda 40mg, Lexapro 10 mg, Wellbutrin 300 mg,
Previous RX: Zyprexa, Abilify, Prozac, Ativan, Risperdal

"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." -- Henry David Thoreau

#4 ArtlessAesthetic

ArtlessAesthetic

• Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:37 PM

Morning, lunchtime, dinner, and bedtime. Like notfred, I have physical issues as well, so a good whack of my meds aren't psych meds.

Edited by ArtlessAesthetic, 28 September 2012 - 11:39 PM.

Diagnosis: MDD w/ dysthymia and psychosis, GAD, OCD, Panic Attacks, Bulimia, Self Injury

Current Meds: Mirtazipine 45mg, Propranolol 60mg, Seroquel XL 200mg, Omega 3 capsules

Past Meds: Prozac, Sertraline, Citalopram, Venlafaxine, Trazodone, Temazepam, Buspirone, Risperidone, Zoplicone, Diazepam, Chlordiazepoxide

#5 ArtlessAesthetic

ArtlessAesthetic

• Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:00 AM

Morning, lunchtime, dinner, and bedtime. Like notfred, I have physical issues as well, so a good whack of my meds aren't psych meds.

Actually, if we count Gaviscon, I actually take something every two hours. Oh dear god.

Diagnosis: MDD w/ dysthymia and psychosis, GAD, OCD, Panic Attacks, Bulimia, Self Injury

Current Meds: Mirtazipine 45mg, Propranolol 60mg, Seroquel XL 200mg, Omega 3 capsules

Past Meds: Prozac, Sertraline, Citalopram, Venlafaxine, Trazodone, Temazepam, Buspirone, Risperidone, Zoplicone, Diazepam, Chlordiazepoxide

#6 The Emperor

The Emperor

Is there a hole for me to get sick in?

• Pip
  • 3722 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:04 AM

Generally twice unless I need my Valium. I take one dose of lithium in the morning and another one at night along with my Lamictal and Valium.

What the docs wrote down about my Crazy: Bipolar II, Some anxiety issue
The pills they give me to fix this shit: Lamictal 175mg, clonazepam 1mg , Trileptal 600mg
Pills that did NOT fix this shit: Sertraline, Buspirone, Mirtazipine, Paroxetine, Gabapentin, Effexor XR, Lorazepam, Cymbalta(twice), Zolpidem, Bupropion XL, Pristiq, Fluoxetine, Vistaril, Lexapro, Celexa, Trazodone, Geodon

Pills that worked well enough but side effects were total shit so I stopped: Abilify, Lithium, valium

sun moon stars rain

#7 Revan

Revan

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:47 AM

3 times...Klonopin in the morning risperdal and klonopin together in the evening (about 8pm), and a little extra risperdal before I jump into bed at night (11:30 ish) with some trazodone if I think I need it. I'm currently trying to minimize it to two times a day right now.

Edited by Revan, 29 September 2012 - 11:15 AM.

#8 Mirazh

Mirazh

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons - and make SUPER LEMONS.

• Inmate
  • 2366 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:18 AM

Variable.

Valproex in AM & PM, spaced 12 hours, on the tens. Concerta can be up to twice a day, very very rarely taken at the same time as a valproex dose. So, not counting my multivitamin which goes with a meal and spaced out from any other med, up to four times a day. Clonazepam as needed, used maybe once a month to once every few months.

Important Info: Neighbourhood punkicorn and emogoff; definitely not a doctor.  A crazy like the rest of you -- user first and moderator second.  For understanding, extended thanks.  Further info is on my profile.  Also on my Moderator Intro Post.

Pronouns (to eliminate confusion) :  ne / nem / nir / nemself

tumblr_inline_n7dsmwRe2n1rghkw5.png

#9 melissaw72

melissaw72

My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash and it's gone.

• Pip
  • 20122 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:25 AM

Morning meds, night meds, 2 meds every 8 hours, vitmains (if that counts), iron pills, and prn's if needed (although that is rarely needed these days). Also need excedrin and naproxen sodium a lot, taken whenever I need them, randomly during the day. I feel like I am constantly swallowing pills.

Current Psychiatric Dxs ... Schizoaffective, bipolar type; Anxiety disorder, PTSD, agoraphobia

Also recovered Anorexic/Bulimic finally after 20 years.

Current meds: Provigil, Klonopin, Xanax, Naltrexone, Wellbutrin, Abilify, Lamictal, Prozac, Lansoprazole, Linzess, QVAR inhaler, Xopenex inhaler, Flonase, Flexeril, Zofran.

Any questions just ask :)

"I've learned so much from my mistakes, I think I'll make a few more."

#10 saveyoursanity

saveyoursanity

Sister Hand Grenade of Enlightened Compassion

• Inmate
  • 2164 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:21 AM

Twice, but if you asked this question a year ago, it would've been 6+ times a day, all psych meds.

CAPS LOCK IS HOW I FEEL INSIDE ALL THE TIME.

"There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution."

Dx and Psych Rx in profile.

I am NOT a medical professional, merely experienced from a consumer perspective.
I strongly urge fact checking with your own research and consulting an actual medical professional.

#11 humanoid

humanoid

serial killer heart under sweet girl veneer

• Pip
  • 1006 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:06 AM

Twice a day. Abilify, Dexedrine, and Trileptal in the morning, then Prozac and more Trileptal at night. Thrown in Vitamin D twice a week in the morning, too. I don't know if I could keep up with more than twice a day!

* * * * i've always taken up too much space

dxBP I (rapid cycling) w/ psychosis, Borderline Personality Disorder,
Social Anxiety Disorder, Trichotillomania, Bulimia (non-purging type)

rx: nopenopenope

(see profile for more details)

#12 enlightened_plutonian

enlightened_plutonian

The boundary between reality and delusion is currently out of the office

• Pip
  • 3568 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

Twice a day for my psych meds. But if you include all my meds it's 3 times a day (3 in morning, one with evening dinner, one late evening).
Current diagnosis = psychosis NOS
History = depression (remission since April 2009), SI (remission since April 2009), alcohol abuse (remission since March 2007)
Past false dx = BPD (only symptom I had was SI), schizophrenia (I was very sleep deprived at the time)
Also have diabetes and pain issues (undiagnosed) and hayfever (April - June)

Current meds = Seroquel 800mg XR (as 400 in the morning and 400 in the night)
Also on insulin and Microgynon

I am not deluded, I just don't agree with your reality!

#13 dedoubt

dedoubt

• Pip
  • 1588 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:42 PM

WHAT THE FUCK, MY POST DISAPPEARED. GRAH. Fuck it.

Four times a day-- levothyroxine first thing when I get up; Adderrall, lithium and fish oil an hour later; Adderall and fish oil about five hours later; then Stellazine, lithium, nortriptyline and fish oil at bedtime.

Edited by dedoubt, 29 September 2012 - 10:44 PM.

The crazy: Bipolar disorder 1 (rapid cycling, with psychosis), personality disorder (NOS), PTSD, ADD, uppity

The pills: None. Mutually agreed upon with my pdoc as the best choice for now.

"All at once is what eternity is." Kenneth Patchen

#14 gizmo

gizmo

Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it.

• Pip
  • 3826 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:55 PM

I take meds twice a day - when I wake up and about an hour before bed. It's pretty close to a 12 hour, more like a 11/13 hour split.

I just started taking a supplemental stimulant at 3 pm every day. I generally find it hard to take mid-day doses, because I forget them or am out and about. So we'll see how it goes.
Diagnosis: BP I with Psychotic Features, GAD, ADHD, Chronic Migraines, various physical stuff.
Meds Currently On: Depakote 2000 mg, Risperdal 8 mg, Latuda 80 mg, Prozac 60 mg, Vyvanse 70 mg, Propranolol 40 mg BID, Klonopin 2 mg BID PRN
Meds Sort-Of Mental Related: Lipitor 40 mg, Zofran 4 mg PRN, Fioricet PRN, Stadol PRN, Botox received on 8/16/13

I post on an iPhone, so please forgive grammatical errors or strange word inclusions. It's the auto correct!

#15 Jen78

Jen78

• Pip
  • 396 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

I roughly take pills 4 times a day betweem my psych meds and my tummy meds
Dx: Schizoaffective Bipolar type, PTSD

Fanapt 6mg 2x daily
Topamax 200mg 2x daily
Valium 10mg 3x daily
Hydroxyzine 50mg 3x daily
Prozac 20mg 1x daily
welbutrin xl 150mg 1x daily

#16 mcjimjam

mcjimjam

• Pip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:47 AM

Twice. Prozac and Concerta with breakfast and Lamictal and Seroquel with dinner or at bed time. I'm probably going back to Ritalin so will have to take that in the middle of the day. I find that annoying.

Dx: BP2, ADD, anxiety
Rx: Lithium 1250mg (0.9mEq/L)
, Cymbalta 120mg, Concerta 36mg, Remeron 15mg, Inderal 10mg, Valium 10-20mg

#17 Guest_Vapourware_*

Guest_Vapourware_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

I'm pretty lucky in that I take my meds once a day. I take all my meds in the evening, after dinner.

#18 rowan77

rowan77

• Pip
  • 2720 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

Thankfully I only have to take my meds twice daily, morning and evening. I never forget to take the evening ones but because I'm not a great morning person I often forget to take the morning ones and only remember hours later. At the moment I'm on an antibiotic for a tooth abscess to be taken 4 times daily and I'm having a hard time remembering to take them but thankfully that is only short term!!

DX: Bipolar Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder

Current RX: Lithium Carbonate 800mg, Seroquel XR 800mg, Lamictal 100mg x2 daily, Procyclidine 5mg, prozac 40mg 

Also Yasmin 0.3/3mg for PCOS and Losec 20mg for Hiatus Hernia

Previous RX:
Anti-depressants: dothiepin, clomipramine, paroxetine, mirtazepine, lofepramine, venlafaxine, escitalopram, agomelatine
Anti-psychotics: thoridazine, risperidone, olanzapine, haloperidol, aripiprazole, chlorpromazine
Mood Stabilisers: carbamazepine, sodium valproate,
Anxiolytics: alprazolam, diazepam, lorazepam, clonazepam
Hypnotics: lormetazepam, temazepam, zopiclone, zolpidem, flurazepam
ECT: 6 Treatments in 2003; 11 Treatments in 2005

"Be yourself - everybody else is taken." Oscar Wilde

#19 Cemetery Weather

Cemetery Weather

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:46 AM

Once a day, and Klonopin as needed.

#20 chicchick

chicchick

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:04 AM

two-three times a day. Adderall XR, Wellbutrin and Prozac in the morning, Adderall/Ritalin afternoon, and often an antihistamine to sleep at night.
Dx: Major Depressive Disorder (Severe "Atypical") and ADHD-PI..... suspected BPII?
Past Dx: Panic Disorder and Tachycardia
Rx: Adderall XR 25mg, Adderall IR 20mg, Wellbutrin XL 300mg, Prozac 20mg and Ritalin 20mg prn

Past Meds: Lexapro, Effexor, Concerta, Vyvanse, Xanax, Dexedrine, Ritalin SR

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.