I was on paxil for over 10 days. Worse.med.ever.for.ME - 10mg
- *Insomnia - never had it before - First night on paxil i was fine - infact i felt REALLY good and at peace and relaxed, i would say i was 'proper' sedated from then on, i had under 10 hours sleep - in 6 or so days
I was scared i was going to lose my mind completely - i was scared i was going to die, i did'nt and still don't know how i was even alive let alone not in psych ward..
- I think i went *psychotic, due to the insomnia, my brain was going, i felt it. I was SUPER paranoid and i saw a pdoc that agitated me and sent me into a episode ( psychotic / hyped / i don't know..)
That's now damaged me so bad, and it's going to take alot for me to push myself into seeing a pdoc again and im so scared..
When in bed trying to sleep, all the time i was droozey but i just could NOT sleep.
I was hearing shit, noises etc.. I even heard i think a female voice, say a name starting with C or S - that SCARED the f out of me..
One night i got so *agitated and out of my mind i was up and down off the couch at looking at the meds in the cubbard, seriously thinking i should kill myself. I even had the psych ward's number handy because i was just gone.. It was scary..
- Suicidal thoughts mixed in with the agitation and restlessness*
- Depression started/triggered
- Diarrhea - that made me poo my pants..
- Teeth grinding at night mostly - resulting in a sore jaw throughout the hell period of time i was on paxil, and lasting weeks after i was off..
- Trouble with weeing. Did'nt know when or if i really needed to pee ( i think i had this before i was on paxil though, i'm not totally sure - during all this things kinda of fall into each other.. ugh )
The Insomnia was so bad that i got a OTC herbal sleep aid that would'nt interfere with paxil, made me sleepy but it did'nt work, and i was already feeling sleepy.. it was going to sleep and staying bloody asleep was the real problem..
Finally got temazepam, when i was finally able to see a doc again - i had to get up early enough to answer a call from the mental health team before i went to stay with family - was home alone at this time - took sleeping tablet - worked.. i guess i got 2-3 hours i woke up, looking at the time and noticing it was dark, i thought oh okay its 7am and it's just dark, turn tv on, tv show is on that's not on at this time of morning - started to get ready for the busy day ahead, finally woke up that i had only sleep 2 hour's and i DID'NT finally sleep throughout the night like i thought sleeping tablets do.. ( i know now at least! )
Horrible, frightening experience ...