• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 crtclms

crtclms

Queen of Ergots

• Inmate
  • 9386 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:38 PM

I thought  Moll Flanders was really funny.

Dx: Bipolar 1; GAD; Migraine w/ Aura; Migraine w/o Aura; Renal Tubular Acidosis (caused by Zonegran); Status Migrainosus
Rx: Alprazolam; Botox; Buproprion; Dihydroergotomine via IV Infusion; Fish Oil; Flexeril; Lamotrigine; Latuda; Lithium; Metoclopramide; Midrin; Migranal; Potassium Citrate; Prilosec; Promethazine; Riboflavin; Tizanidine; Verapamil; Vitamin D3
Currently Shelved: Abilify; Amerge; Anaprox; Atenolol; Buspar; Cafergot; Cymbalta; Depakote; Di-Hydro-ergotamine, injected; Gabapentin; Geodon; Imitrex Tablets; Klonopin; Maxalt; Namenda; Nortriptyline; Norvasc; Propranolol; Prozac; Risperidone; Relpax; Sansert; Sumatriptan injectables; Tegretol; Trazadone; Zoloft; Zolpidem; Zomig; Zonegran

Affectations can be dangerous. -Gertrude Stein

I moderate the boards for Bipolar, Panic/Anxiety, Dissociative Disorders, Migraine, Neuropathic and Chronic Pain, Seizures, Not Otherwise Specified, Anticonvulsants, Side Effects, Family Feud, Relationships, and I Still Have Issues. Remember, I am not a medical professional. PM me if you have any questions

#62 Bad Haiku

Bad Haiku

Is Pleasure part of the Standard Knowledge you people are denying me?

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 01:01 AM

'The Heroine's Journey' by Maureen Murdock

It listed itself as a female-oriented companion to Joseph Campbell's much praised 'Hero With A Thousand Faces'.

It was not that. At all. All the text really taught me is how badly I would like to hunt down Maureen Murdock and beat her within an inch of her life using a textbook on modern feminism.

#63 Velvet Elvis

Velvet Elvis

The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering.

• Admin
  • 13175 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:51 AM

It would have to be something assigned for a class since I have ADD and have to struggle really hard to read stuff I don't like.  I'll go with one of the books by the Bronte sisters.  I think Wurthering Heights was slightly more tolerable than the other one.  At least that one had a crazy woman locked up in the attic.

ETA: That was before stimulants.  On stimulants I've read War and Peace.

De-gnosis: ADD, recurrent depression (or maybe bpII in the guise of such), Asperger's, OCD, social anxiety
Today's Pill Menu: Dexedrine, Wellbutrin (Budeprion), Strattera, Celexa, Risperdal, and clonazepam

Like other moderators and staff of crazyboards.org, I am not a health care professional. You have no way of knowing that I am not talking out my ass. Please do your own homework before making any health related decisions.

Buy me Stuff: Amazon Wishlist

#64 Velvet Elvis

Velvet Elvis

The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering.

• Admin
  • 13175 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:55 AM

Oh.  The Gor series.

The Sword of Shannara series did nothing for me.

The Lensman series zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Most Heinlein is overrated. 

De-gnosis: ADD, recurrent depression (or maybe bpII in the guise of such), Asperger's, OCD, social anxiety
Today's Pill Menu: Dexedrine, Wellbutrin (Budeprion), Strattera, Celexa, Risperdal, and clonazepam

Like other moderators and staff of crazyboards.org, I am not a health care professional. You have no way of knowing that I am not talking out my ass. Please do your own homework before making any health related decisions.

Buy me Stuff: Amazon Wishlist

#65 Bad Haiku

Bad Haiku

Is Pleasure part of the Standard Knowledge you people are denying me?

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:57 AM

Most Heinlein is overrated. 

This statement buys my favor.

Not that you really want that.

#66 Exuvia

Exuvia

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:44 AM

I hated "love in the time of cholera".... so slow ....

PTSD and everything that goes along with it

#67 wnek2

wnek2

Eatin Crisps & Lovin Life

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:05 PM

The Old Man and the Sea. Hands down, no doubt. The only reason I finished it was because I had to read it for an assignment. It's a short book but my god it's so boring, it took forever to read.

I couldn't stand Atlas Shrugged either. I quit about 20 pages in. But, in Ayn Rand's favor, I absolutely loved We the Living. A whole different class of story than her other works. I devoured it in two short sittings.

Edited by wnek2, 18 October 2014 - 09:09 PM.

#68 jt07

jt07

Existing on the very edge of sanity

• Inmate
  • 8078 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:52 PM

James Mitchener's Hawaii. Long and boring. Had to read it in literature class.

Dx: Atypical MDD with anxiety, possible ADD, OCD (mostly recovered)
Rx: Citalopram (20 mg), Remeron (45 mg), Abilify (30 mg), Carbamazepine (800 mg), Lamotrigine (200 mg), Ritalin (20 mg AM, 10 mg PM)

горький осадок, но сахара не надо

#69 HowlingWolf

HowlingWolf

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:42 PM

Their eyes where watching God was really bad to me and so was the scarlet letter. I read a lot of books I liked in school but these two were awful. The worst to me was The Sound of Fury. I hated it so much I couldn't even read it. It was a summer read and my mom ended up reading half of it for me because it was so bad. We decided to split it. Haha.

Self-harm free since 10.1.13

"It is not a failure if you learn something from it."

"I seem to live a life that is a lost reality."

Most Current Dx- Borderline Personality Disorder, Bipolar II with Rapid-Cycling, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Most Current Rx- Wellburtin XL 300mg and Hydroxyzine 100mg

Past Rx- Prozac, Celexa, Zoloft, Neurontin, Tegretol, Lamotrigine, Abilify, Invega, Buspar, Ativan, and Xanax

#70 dpshaw

dpshaw

• Pip
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:11 PM

I'm probably gonna catch crap for this one, but I couldn't stand The DaVinci Code.  Dan Brown's writing style drives me up the friggin' wall!

DX - BPD, Bipolar(?), Bulimia EDNOS (Atypical Anorexia), Self Harm

RX - Zyprexa (5 mg), Lithium (1200mg), Effexor (150 mg), Ativan (0.5mg, prn)

past RX - Lamictal, Abilify, Geodon, Risperdal, Lexapro, Latuda, Depakote

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.