Question about meds listed here.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 StephyMarieC

StephyMarieC

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

I'm not sure if this is the proper section to ask this but I noticed several people lists the meds they take. Is this recquired or at least recommended?
Posted Image

#2 tryp

tryp

DBT = Diary Card Bingo

• Inmate
  • 6750 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

It's not required. The reason people do it is mostly so that if you ask a question about medications, people answering can easily see what you're on, what dose, and what else you've tried.

It makes things easier on people replying to you if you have your diagnosis and medications in your signature but if it makes you uncomfortable, there is no obligation to do it and many people do not.

Diag-nonsense: complex PTSD w/ recurrent depression
Tx: Lamictal (250) + prazosin (7.5) + "therapy"

#3 Guest_Vapourware_*

Guest_Vapourware_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

To add: it's also easier for people to look at your signature without having to ask you what medication you're taking and have tried in the past. Sometimes people offer new ideas or approaches to medication and it just saves time. Whether you want to do the same is up to you.

#4 StephyMarieC

StephyMarieC

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

Thank you for your response. I have bipolar disorder and anxiety disorder and have become so hopeless that I gave up on medications, and hospital visits. I feel like I've tried everything and nothing has worked but seeing all of you on medications makes me think I'm wrong. Thank you for your responses.
Posted Image

#5 Elenia2112

Elenia2112

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

How do we add this information to our posts?

#6 jt07

jt07

Existing on the very edge of sanity

• Inmate
  • 7318 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Click your user name in the top right hand corner. That should bring up your profile. Click "Edit my profile." On the left hand side you will see the word "signature." Edit your signature to include the meds you take/diagnoses and anything else you want to include.

Dx: Atypical MDD with anxiety, possible ADD, OCD (mostly recovered)
Rx: Citalopram (20 mg), Remeron (45 mg), Abilify (30 mg), Carbamazepine (800 mg), Lamotrigine (200 mg), Ritalin (20 mg AM, 10 mg PM)

горький осадок, но сахара не надо

#7 Elenia2112

Elenia2112

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

Thank you!

#8 tryp

tryp

DBT = Diary Card Bingo

• Inmate
  • 6750 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

Intro split into its own topic:

http://www.crazyboar...ic/62319-intro/

Diag-nonsense: complex PTSD w/ recurrent depression
Tx: Lamictal (250) + prazosin (7.5) + "therapy"

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.