Photo

I'm Finding That I Don't Really Like....People...

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Confetti

Confetti

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

Not that much anyway.

I tend to usually get along with everybody pretty well....but it's like....i can only do people in small doses.

We had company over...my parents did...and i thought they would only be here for like Friday and Saturday or something like that.

No...they've been here since Friday, when i walked in the door from work off the bus, totally unexpected...although my mom says she told me they were coming but i don't remember that. And they JUST left like....6 minutes ago!

And they were the type of company that always have something to say or suggest when you walk past them. Or when they talk to you, they ask you a bunch of questions and stare you down at the same time....OMG i hate that!!!!! So for today and yesterday, i just stayed locked up in my room. My Bipolar is already acting up and i have been very VERY paranoid and VERY VERY irritable....i'm usually pretty polite but lately i have just been....itchy in the brain.

I just always want people to go away! I like people, but some don't know how to just....stop. I have always thought of myself as a people person despite being on the shy side...but...the older i get, the less i want to socialize. Is that bad?

Unless i'm manic and then i love everybody and i'm "famous", that's when i am the social butterfly.

#2 scatty

scatty

The only way out is through.

• Pip
  • 3955 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

I hear ya.  I am finding that I hate most everyone.  It seems no one has any redeeming values, including myself.  Socializing drains me and I'm sick and tired of pretending that I even care.  I have even given up on returning messages.  My self imposed prison is a lot more comfortable than having people invade my space.

Dx:
Bipolar I & Anxiety.  Self diagnosed cunt.

My New (old) Meds: (previously these kept me the most stable)
Lithium ER 1350 mgs.
Lamictal 200 mgs.

Klonopin 2 mgs.

Practicing CBT, DBT, and ACT self-help therapy.

Crazy since the 80's!

#3 Confetti

Confetti

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

I have been feeling like staying in my room for weeks Scatty....i have to say tho...i LOVE...absolutely LOVE your FlapJack avi!

Captain kuh-nuckles..lol!!!

#4 scatty

scatty

The only way out is through.

• Pip
  • 3955 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Haha.  Maybe we could live in a cartoon world of candy!

Dx:
Bipolar I & Anxiety.  Self diagnosed cunt.

My New (old) Meds: (previously these kept me the most stable)
Lithium ER 1350 mgs.
Lamictal 200 mgs.

Klonopin 2 mgs.

Practicing CBT, DBT, and ACT self-help therapy.

Crazy since the 80's!

#5 Guest_Vapourware_*

Guest_Vapourware_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

My tolerance of people waxes and wanes, but even when I do feel sociable, I have a limit and then it's too much for me. When I'm particularly batshit, I have no emotional energy to be around people, unless they want to experience my batshit in full force, so in those moments I tend to hide away.

#6 Confetti

Confetti

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

Haha.  Maybe we could live in a cartoon world of candy!

Lol! I'd LOVE that!!

My tolerance of people waxes and wanes, but even when I do feel sociable, I have a limit and then it's too much for me. When I'm particularly batshit, I have no emotional energy to be around people, unless they want to experience my batshit in full force, so in those moments I tend to hide away.

Thats exactly how i feel. I usually am a hugger,especially when ppl leaave...but i didnt even want to hug them goodbye. I just don't wanna be physically bothered by people.

#7 Gearhead

Gearhead

The Iguana In a Room Full of Rabbits

• Pip
  • 1765 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Amen to that. Even when I'm at my most sociable, I need hours a day by myself. Doing what? you might fairly ask. The answer is really just about anything except being around other people. It's not like I'm lying in bed, lamenting my fate. I'm up, I'm active, I'm doing things...alone.

Bipolar I, sports fans. Autism spectrum. With just un soup├žon of migraine...

Give us this day our daily meds: 150 lamotrigine, 75 topiramate, 150 Seroquel XR, 100 Seroquel IR, 12.5 Ambien CR,
5 mgs escitalopram (tapering off)30 mgs Cymbalta,  4000 i.u. Vit. D3

Cyclobenzaprine and Midrin PRN

Past, failed attempts: Effexor XR, Celexa, amitriptyline, Depakote, Geodon, klonopin, ativan, bupropion, busipirone, lithium, trazodone, Lunesta, Rozerem, gabapentine, mirtazapine, Wellbutrin, Temazepam, Sonata

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world: indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. -Margaret Mead

#8 melissaw72

melissaw72

My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash and it's gone.

• Pip
  • 19744 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

I can only deal with people at my convenience.  If I see people unexpectedly or stop by to say hi, or I am out in public, I stress out and that stress does not go right away.  It is hard to deal with without a little xanax for me or something to calm me down.

Current Psychiatric Dxs ... Schizoaffective, bipolar type; Anxiety disorder, PTSD, agoraphobia

Also recovered Anorexic/Bulimic finally after 20 years.

Current meds: Provigil, Klonopin, Xanax, Naltrexone, Wellbutrin, Abilify, Lamictal, Prozac, Lansoprazole, Linzess, QVAR inhaler, Xopenex inhaler, Methimazole, Flonase, Flexeril, Zofran, Iron.

Any questions just ask :)

"I've learned so much from my mistakes, I think I'll make a few more."

#9 AD88AM

AD88AM

This world is but a canvas to our imagination.

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

I get very anxious and irritated around most people, even family... I'm quite a recluse so I have to listen to my neighbours gossip all the time as well, and that does wonders to my brain (joke)... it always seems like they're running me down, and I know I'm not important, but it seems so real. I'd like to think my paranoid brain just distorts what they're saying. I also hate how everyone looks when I actually do go out to pdoc appointments or whatever... my irritability stems from childhood, being pushed out and made to feel stupid. Nevermind, maybe we're more human...

Aspergers, Social Anxiety Disorder, Schizoaffective, OCD.

#10 WinglessFaery

WinglessFaery

• Pip
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

I like too be able to stare off into space whenever it strikes my fancy. People make that hard. For real though people exhaust me. Its like no matter how close I am too someone I have be fake in one way or another and it drains me. For every one day I spend with people I have too spend three days alone.
Dx BP I Rapid Cycling, GAD, Social Phobia, Panic Disorder,PCOS

Rx lamictal 300 mg, Busprone 60 mg, Lithium 1000 mg, Vistaril 50 mg ( which doesnt do squat),Metformin 2000 mg

Previous Rx zoloft, prozac, lexapro,seraquel, depakote, xannax, ambien, trazadone, abilify, cymbalta

<p>[color=#40e0d0]Mental Illness is a flaw in chemistry not character.[/color

#11 melissaw72

melissaw72

My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash and it's gone.

• Pip
  • 19744 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

For every one day I spend with people I have too spend three days alone.

Me too ... I need to re-group after a full day of being with, talking to, etc, with anyone.  If I take a good solid nap in between, I *might* be ok, but it's rare that I wouldn't need the next few days to myself.

Current Psychiatric Dxs ... Schizoaffective, bipolar type; Anxiety disorder, PTSD, agoraphobia

Also recovered Anorexic/Bulimic finally after 20 years.

Current meds: Provigil, Klonopin, Xanax, Naltrexone, Wellbutrin, Abilify, Lamictal, Prozac, Lansoprazole, Linzess, QVAR inhaler, Xopenex inhaler, Methimazole, Flonase, Flexeril, Zofran, Iron.

Any questions just ask :)

"I've learned so much from my mistakes, I think I'll make a few more."

#12 Mim

Mim

The world don't care, and yet it clings to me.

• Pip
  • 2198 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

Is it bad to need a lot of time alone, or to go through periods of being unable to tolerate people? No, I don't think so. Some people are just less social than others. Sometimes being in a room where people are talking, not even necessarily to me, makes me on edge just listening to their voices. Most social situations make me feel on-edge and stressed. I need time alone to decompress and get evened out again, even after a trip to a busy store or whatever.

I don't think you're weird at all. Maybe now would be a good time for some quiet hobbies you can do yourself, like walking or painting or any old thing.

"I THINK WE CAN DISPENSE WITH THAT BORING OLD SHIT, DON'T YOU?" Blaine asked.

Dx: Schizotypal PD with Schizoid traits, social phobia, BPII (or perhaps recurrent MDD).
Rx: Vitamins, coffee, solitude. Currently no pharmaceuticals.

I kept a chain upon my door that would shake the shame of Cain into a blind submission.

#13 Brokendishes

Brokendishes

• Pip
  • 272 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

I hear ya.  I am finding that I hate most everyone.  It seems no one has any redeeming values, including myself.  Socializing drains me and I'm sick and tired of pretending that I even care.  I have even given up on returning messages.  My self imposed prison is a lot more comfortable than having people invade my space.

Wow i coulnt possibly have said it better!!! Ive gotten to the point where i really dont care! I dont want to pretend with my step kids...i know they would love for me to be gone so they can control daddy 100 percent...i dont care about my boss or his stress...if your 2 year old bmw is your big stress you need to not be around me cuz thats irritating!lol And my husband doesnt give 2 shits whether im happy, sad, or been set on fire--just as long as he can go watch them play hockey the whole frikkin world can vaporize for all he cares....So why should i pretend to care when he very obviously doesnt...just a waste of my time...

I think having these mental health issues has made me more keenly aware of the bullshit that is our world and how fake and meaningless it is...So im like, why waste time pretending too? Call out the bullshit I say!lol

#14 PoorPebbles

PoorPebbles

PoorPebbles

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

Hi, we think a lot alike when it comes to...people. I don't like being around people--esp. people I don't know. It's like I don't want them to get to know me because then they will probably judge me and that hurts me very deeply. I'm on government assistance because there's no way in hell I can work with my illnesses (but that's the problem--no one can SEE my illnesses so I get judged because i'm not working and I LOOK normal so they think i'm lazy or something and I should have a job.

I avoid people too, esp. when I lived at home and my parents would have company, I would also either hide in my room or go hide downstairs. I just feel so anti-social and yes, it's seems to be worse as I'm getting older too. When people ask me questions about myself, I feel like saying, "Mind your own business and shut the fuck up!" and I know that's really mean and i'm not mean, but I can't stand being around people most of the time.

Every shrink I go to wants to shove me into a therapy group...every time I tried, it turned out horrible. I wish I could see someone one on one to talk to but I can't afford it....

It sucks to be anti-social...at least you're social sometimes (during your manic phase) I have major depressive disorder--i'm never social.
:wall: PoorPebbles

Diagnosis: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with panic attacks, Major Depressive Disorder

Current Rx:  Clonazepam 4mg/day, Paxil 60mg/day, Seroquel XR 300/night, Ativan as needed (during panic attack),] revisiting Wellbutrin XL 300mg/day

Past Rx: Ludiomil, Zoloft, Celexa, Prozac, Zyprexa (or what I lovingly call "Weight Gain 2000"), Effexor Xr (the sweat drug), Elavil, Tofranil, Cymbalta, Imovane, Nardil, Dexedrine, Trazodone, Cipralex, Wellbutrin, Wellbutrin XL, Restoril, Abilify, Gabapentin

RIGHT NOW: TRYING TO WEAN MYSELF OFF OF PAXIL BECAUSE I HAVE REVISITED PAXIL A FEW TIMES AND IT ALWAYS OFF, ie. doesn't work for me.

#15 InsaneInTheMembrane

InsaneInTheMembrane

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

Yep. socializing is incredibly draining...some people more than others. Especially family lol

I think however that I like people? not all but some...it's more how I feel around people that I hate. Everything in moderation right..

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.