ovarian cysts?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ahalo

ahalo

• Pip
  • 587 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

I've had ovarian cysts for five years up to the size of a softball. They usually hurt during ovulation the most.

For the last few days they. hurt constantly and so does the space between. the ovaries (no clue what's. there lol). It gets. much worse when I urinate. sharp pains and spasms then it hurts for a couple hours.

has anyone wver experienced anything similar? should I go to the doctor? or just assume it's the cysts acting up?

----0.jpg We don't benefit from ignorance. -Obama, 1/16/13

The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry. ~Ernest Hemingy, A Farewell To Arms

#2 tryp

tryp

DBT = Diary Card Bingo

• Inmate
  • 6656 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

I am not a doctor and am not meaning to scare you but I think you need to see your doctor. Even in folks with chronic concerns, sudden worsening or change in symptoms is grounds to go back in. Cysts can rupture or do other stuff they shouldn't be doing in there, so it would likely be a good idea to get checked just in case.

Diag-nonsense: complex PTSD w/ recurrent depression
Tx: Lamictal (250) + prazosin (7.5) + therapy

#3 melissaw72

melissaw72

My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash and it's gone.

• Pip
  • 17930 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

I second the getting checked.  Maybe it could be the cysts, maybe you have a UTI?  Just thought I'd throw that thought out there.  I"m not a DR. though.

Current Psychiatric Dxs ... Schizoaffective, bipolar type; Anxiety disorder, PTSD, agoraphobia

Also recovered Anorexic/Bulimic finally after 20 years.

Current meds: Provigil, Klonopin, Xanax, Naltrexone, Wellbutrin SR, Abilify, Lamictal, Prozac, Lansoprazole, Linzess, QVAR inhaler, Xopenex inhaler, Methimazole, Flonase, Propranolol, Flexeril, Zofran.

Any questions just ask :)

"I've learned so much from my mistakes, I think I'll make a few more."

#4 Kodos

Kodos

Knowledge is power.

• Pip
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:10 AM

Up to the size of a softball?  I'd want that aspirated!

Seriously, see your doctor - there could also be some medication solutions to help avoid the cysts from forming.

#5 melissaw72

melissaw72

• Pip
  • 17930 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:06 AM

I have one ovary gone, and when the other ovary started developing cysts they shrunk with me being on low-dose birth control.  Not sure if it would help you, but it really worked with me ... in addition to finally regulating my period.

Current Psychiatric Dxs ... Schizoaffective, bipolar type; Anxiety disorder, PTSD, agoraphobia

Current meds: Provigil, Klonopin, Xanax, Naltrexone, Wellbutrin SR, Abilify, Lamictal, Prozac, Lansoprazole, Linzess, QVAR inhaler, Xopenex inhaler, Methimazole, Flonase, Propranolol, Flexeril, Zofran.

#6 ahalo

ahalo

• Pip
  • 587 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

Thanks for all the good advice. I went to see a doctor and it was unrelated to my cysts; I have a bladder infection. Never had one like this before.

----0.jpg We don't benefit from ignorance. -Obama, 1/16/13

The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry. ~Ernest Hemingy, A Farewell To Arms

#7 melissaw72

melissaw72

• Pip
  • 17930 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

I'm glad you got checked and there is something you can take to get rid of it.  For me, I am sometimes *glad* that they found something wrong, so it can be taken care of, vs finding nothing wrong and having to sit with the pain (or whatever).

#8 vondick

vondick

• Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

WTF?!

How long have you had these for? What do you do for them? Do you take pain meds? Do they just go away on their own? Do they never go away on their own? What did the doctor say to make you think having softball sized cysts inside of you is okay?? Is it okay??

Or you can tell me to stop being so nosy, perfectly okay too.

Also, I'm really sorry you have to deal with this. And the bladder infection- that's shitty too. I hope you feel better and soon. And on a random note, you can get supplements that are concentrated cranberry, and they would probably be excellent for bladder health!

Really quite very sure I'm on the spectrum. Awaiting report back from assessment.
Recently quit Wellbutrin XL 150, taking Dexedrine spansules when I can afford it.
A little slow with social interaction- if I offend you do not hesitate to let me know, chances are I really didn't mean it.

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.