I don't think that Illusions relationship with her pdoc and her meds is anything to do with her web camming activities and what Indigo feels about them, so for the purposed of dealing with this issue, I'd like to ask everyone to focus on the matter at hand here. It is very possible and part of what CB does to help people access better medical care, whether they are choosing to do sex work or not. I dislike the insinuation that because someone is having problems in other areas of their life, it has to be related to the sex work they do, when in this case, I fail to see how they directly relate.
Members can think what they like about sex work, they can assert those opinions on threads where it is being discussed but members here involved in sex work are not there to be badgered about it when they post about other unrelated and important issues in the rest of their life. This is not somewhere to judge people in the sex industry, many of our valued members and mods have or do work within it and this place is safe for them as much as it is anyone else.
Illusion, some ideas:
- Do you have an advocate or trusted friend/relative who can help you speak out in your appointments/prepare what you want to say between them?
- Can you keep a mood diary/log of what you experience to use as a talking point in an appt?
- Are you clear yourself on what side effects you and won't tolerate and for how long
- Can you say that you are being honest about your illness in your appts, sometimes pdocs can't give you the best treatment is you forget to mention or play things down.
- Are you taking what you are prescribed as prescribed for long enough?
It is shit to have to be on the med go round and feel at the mercy of someone you don't 100% trust. It might be better to ask your pdoc what her opinion is of your situation and what her long term plan is, how sees your treatment going on etc to get a better idea of how she makes these decisions. Many pdoc conflicts can be improved by being honest. Most pdocs would rather a patient say 'I feel x about things and that is why I am doing y with my meds' than spend months treating someone who is withholding/un co operative/angry and not know why that is.