• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Titania

Titania

• Inmate Emeritus
  • Pip
  • 5012 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

I don't think that Illusions relationship with her pdoc and her meds is anything to do with her web camming activities and what Indigo feels about them, so for the purposed of dealing with this issue, I'd like to ask everyone to focus on the matter at hand here. It is very possible and part of what CB does to help people access better medical care, whether they are choosing to do sex work or not. I dislike the insinuation that because someone is having problems in other areas of their life, it has to be related to the sex work they do, when in this case, I fail to see how they directly relate.

Members can think what they like about sex work, they can assert those opinions on threads where it is being discussed but members here involved in sex work are not there to be badgered about it when they post about other unrelated and important issues in the rest of their life. This is not somewhere to judge people in the sex industry, many of our valued members and mods have or do work within it and this place is safe for them as much as it is anyone else.

Illusion, some ideas:

• Do you have an advocate or trusted friend/relative who can help you speak out in your appointments/prepare what you want to say between them?
  • Can you keep a mood diary/log of what you experience to use as a talking point in an appt?
  • Are you clear yourself on what side effects you and won't tolerate and for how long
  • Can you say that you are being honest about your illness in your appts, sometimes pdocs can't give you the best treatment is you forget to mention or play things down.
  • Are you taking what you are prescribed as prescribed for long enough?

It is shit to have to be on the med go round and feel at the mercy of someone you don't 100% trust. It might be better to ask your pdoc what her opinion is of your situation and what her long term plan is, how sees your treatment going on etc to get a better idea of how she makes these decisions. Many pdoc conflicts can be improved by being honest. Most pdocs would rather a patient say 'I feel x about things and that is why I am doing y with my meds' than spend months treating someone who is withholding/un co operative/angry and not know why that is.

“I am naïve and I have fucked up but I tell you something else. I believe in change. I don't mind getting my hands dirty because my hands are dirty already. I don't mind giving my life to this because I'm only alive because of the compassion and love of others.” Russell Brand.

"She said to go ahead and feel the feelings. I did. They felt like shit." Anne Lammot.

"you are not too old/and it is not too late/to dive into your increasing depths/where life calmly gives out/it's own secret" Rilke

"You," he said, "are a terribly real thing in a terribly false world, and that, I believe, is why you are in so much pain." Emilie Autumn - The Asylum For WayWard Victorian Girls.

#22 your_illusion97

your_illusion97

Struggle is the price you pay

• Pip
  • 359 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

I don't think that Illusions relationship with her pdoc and her meds is anything to do with her web camming activities and what Indigo feels about them, so for the purposed of dealing with this issue, I'd like to ask everyone to focus on the matter at hand here. It is very possible and part of what CB does to help people access better medical care, whether they are choosing to do sex work or not. I dislike the insinuation that because someone is having problems in other areas of their life, it has to be related to the sex work they do, when in this case, I fail to see how they directly relate.

Members can think what they like about sex work, they can assert those opinions on threads where it is being discussed but members here involved in sex work are not there to be badgered about it when they post about other unrelated and important issues in the rest of their life. This is not somewhere to judge people in the sex industry, many of our valued members and mods have or do work within it and this place is safe for them as much as it is anyone else.

Illusion, some ideas:

• Do you have an advocate or trusted friend/relative who can help you speak out in your appointments/prepare what you want to say between them?
  • Can you keep a mood diary/log of what you experience to use as a talking point in an appt?
  • Are you clear yourself on what side effects you and won't tolerate and for how long
  • Can you say that you are being honest about your illness in your appts, sometimes pdocs can't give you the best treatment is you forget to mention or play things down.
  • Are you taking what you are prescribed as prescribed for long enough?

It is shit to have to be on the med go round and feel at the mercy of someone you don't 100% trust. It might be better to ask your pdoc what her opinion is of your situation and what her long term plan is, how sees your treatment going on etc to get a better idea of how she makes these decisions. Many pdoc conflicts can be improved by being honest. Most pdocs would rather a patient say 'I feel x about things and that is why I am doing y with my meds' than spend months treating someone who is withholding/un co operative/angry and not know why that is. 

Thank you, I havent logged on here for a bit after my last post and being attacked, but I feel like this is the only place I have to turn to.  I dont really have anyone that is around me that much to go to my appointments.  I have a few friends, but they all have lives and families and dont see them a lot.  I did start a mood chart, then kinda slacked off on it, I need to get back to it.  I know what side effects I wont tolerate.  I am honest with my pdoc, like at my appointment today I told her yet again that my anxiety was still bad and how bad my depression was and how it impacted my life.  I am taking my medicines as prescribed exactly untill she takes me off of them.    I probably should ask her more about where she is expecting my treatment is going to go, if anywhere.  I just got diagnosed with BPD.  So I dont know what crap that will bring.  I am always cooperative with my pdoc and often bring a list of stuff I want to bring up and talk about.  So yeah thats about all of it.  Thanks for responding.

Diagnosis: Bipolar 1, GAD, ADD

Current meds: Lamictal 400mg 1x daily, Lithium ER 900mg,Adderall XR 30mg 2x daily, Klonopin 2mg 2x daily, Vistaril 25mg 4x daily, Geodon 60mg at bedtime, Saphris 10mg at bedtime, Viibryd 40mg, Procardia XL 30mg( for HBP), Asprin 81mg, Zyrtec 10mg x1 daily,

Previous: Abilify 15mg, Zoloft 50mg, Lexapro 10mg, Zyprexa, Seroquel plain and XR, Trazadone,Vyvanse , Neurontin 100mg, Strattera, Geodon 120mg &160mg, Adderall 30mg, Wellbutrin XL 300mgmg, Geodon 80mg, Paxil, Risperdal, Buspar

#23 sonicwhite

sonicwhite

The great unknown

• Pip
  • 924 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Ya, I've been there. Always changing the freakin med or taking one out and giving you something else to balance things out. UGH!. I just know man.....But, all in all. We are sick ppl and they are just doing what they think is in your best interest but, if you get to a point where say this is nuts and you guys don't seem to care that my brain is about to explode ask for a new doctor if your at a free clinic or on SSI and go to another doc....Hope the best for ya!

Diagnosed Drug Induced Psychosis...ADHD.....OCD.....Cannibas Psychotic Disorder..GAD.....Major Depression disorder-recurrent...Severe, Bipolar I....Migraines, Cluster headaches.....

Gabapentin...600 mg once a day....Effexor XR 75 mg.....Risperdal...4 mg....Zoloft 200 mg...Valporic acid 250 mg... clonazepam 1 mg twice daily. Seroquel 200 mg once at night.....Prilosec 25 mg in the morning......Inderal 60 mg ER one in the morning. Remeron 45 mg once at night. Frovatriptan 2.5 PRN .....Lyrica 50 mg 3x daily....

The sun is a round window into the city of gold......Written by Daniel B.

#24 confused

confused

bundle of nerves

• Inmate
  • 2917 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

My meds used to get tweaked a lot.  I think the pdoc I saw was good, but I wasn't stable so he would put me on higher doses of my meds and then slowly titrate down when I was more stable. But, now that I've been stable for awhile my meds have stayed the same and the consistancy helps me. It is hard to find a good combo.

schizoaffective bipolar type, social anxiety, depersonalization disorder
abilify, lamictal, lexapro, wellbutrin, seroquel

The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel.

Horace Walpole

http://psychcentral....isorder/0001564

Don't believe everything you read on the internet, including me. 

I am not a mental health care professional, please seek out a professional's advice.

#25 scatty

scatty

The only way out is through.

• Pip
  • 3955 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

Haven't they offered DBT therapy since diagnosing you with BPD?  That therapy has helped me so much, even though I don't have BPD.  I had some traits that have improved so much since doing a workbook on my own.  If those fucknuts are not offering DBT, consider buying a workbook or joining the yahoo group for self help DBT.  How can they diagnose you with this and then not offer treatment for it?  Makes me mad, I can just imagine how you feel.

Edited by scatty, 29 January 2013 - 11:55 PM.

Dx:
Bipolar I & Anxiety.  Self diagnosed cunt.

My New (old) Meds: (previously these kept me the most stable)
Lithium ER 1350 mgs.
Lamictal 200 mgs.

Klonopin 2 mgs.

Practicing CBT, DBT, and ACT self-help therapy.

Crazy since the 80's!

#26 your_illusion97

your_illusion97

Struggle is the price you pay

• Pip
  • 359 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Haven't they offered DBT therapy since diagnosing you with BPD?  That therapy has helped me so much, even though I don't have BPD.  I had some traits that have improved so much since doing a workbook on my own.  If those fucknuts are not offering DBT, consider buying a workbook or joining the yahoo group for self help DBT.  How can they diagnose you with this and then not offer treatment for it?  Makes me mad, I can just imagine how you feel.

My last appointment with my case manager was her telling me the results of my BPD testing.  She also strongly suggested the DBT group they had there. She had to talk to a few people to see which group to put me in though.  I am seriously considering changing pdocs to one thats not in the program.  I saw a pdoc here in town when I first lived here.  He was the first pdoc I had seen since I was diagnosed and I really liked him.  Only stopped seeing him becasue I moved over an hour away.  He did say that I was welcome back there if I moved back to town.  My dad even thought it might be a good idea, but we are waiting to see how this latest round of med changes go.

Diagnosis: Bipolar 1, GAD, ADD

Current meds: Lamictal 400mg 1x daily, Lithium ER 900mg,Adderall XR 30mg 2x daily, Klonopin 2mg 2x daily, Vistaril 25mg 4x daily, Geodon 60mg at bedtime, Saphris 10mg at bedtime, Viibryd 40mg, Procardia XL 30mg( for HBP), Asprin 81mg, Zyrtec 10mg x1 daily,

Previous: Abilify 15mg, Zoloft 50mg, Lexapro 10mg, Zyprexa, Seroquel plain and XR, Trazadone,Vyvanse , Neurontin 100mg, Strattera, Geodon 120mg &160mg, Adderall 30mg, Wellbutrin XL 300mgmg, Geodon 80mg, Paxil, Risperdal, Buspar

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.