• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 WinterRosie

WinterRosie

Staring down the spoils of war

• Admin
  • 4555 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

^ agreed. I'm not borderline, but that doesn't mean that I don't feel pain, and that SI is helpful with that sometimes.

Si nous ne sommes pas pro-nous-autres, nous sommes anti-nous-autres.

A diamond is just a piece of coal that handled stress exceptionally well. Oh well, there's always cubic zirconia. 

Rx: weekly injections of Standard Knowledge as needed

Note: Staff are here to think with you, not for you. Keep your thinking caps on. I've never been a doctor, not even in high school drama class, so you'll need to ask your own.

Boards I moderate: confessional, people suck, news/politics, dissociation, trauma + private, substance abuse, eating disorders

#42 Mim

Mim

The world don't care, and yet it clings to me.

• Pip
  • 2201 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

The DSM does specify amenhorea in FEMALES, if your male then you get to miss that category. I don't think it's sexist, it's a phenomenon that happens to females, men can still have refusal to mantain healthy body weight, low bmi and eating disordered behaviours. Where I live it's more or less levelled out with the males / females with MI. Inpatient I see more young males, and more older females, but that's a really small and biased study. I have several guy friends on psych meds, and no girl friends. It's sad that stigma against males still exists in some places.

I know. It was sarcasm.

"I THINK WE CAN DISPENSE WITH THAT BORING OLD SHIT, DON'T YOU?" Blaine asked.

Dx: Schizotypal PD with Schizoid traits, social phobia, BPII (or perhaps recurrent MDD).
Rx: Vitamins, coffee, solitude. Currently no pharmaceuticals.

I kept a chain upon my door that would shake the shame of Cain into a blind submission.

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.