Photo
- - - - -

Another Medicare "HELP!?!?" topic

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 melissaw72

melissaw72

My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash and it's gone.

• Pip
  • 19148 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:44 AM

I did get a letter in the mail saying i automatically qualify for "Extra Help." It says it's chooses the Medicare part D plan for me.

I didn't get the application for a MSP at my SS office today while i was in town. Thought it wise i not step foot in that building today.

So, do any Medicare Part C's give you any benefits in the mental health department?

I can schedule an appointment with HICAP to have them help me figure this out. They're an hour away, but i could arrange to meet a friend while down there.

The Extra Help I get is for help covering prescriptions.  And yes, it choose my insurance plan (prescription plan), which I found to be great because I didn't have to run around in circles in my head trying to figure out which drug plan I am on/want.  FWIW I also have medicare/medicaid, in which the extra help is used with that to help pay for prescriptions.

Current Psychiatric Dxs ... Schizoaffective, bipolar type; Anxiety disorder, PTSD, agoraphobia

Also recovered Anorexic/Bulimic finally after 20 years.

Current meds: Provigil, Klonopin, Xanax, Naltrexone, Wellbutrin, Abilify, Lamictal, Prozac, Lansoprazole, Linzess, QVAR inhaler, Xopenex inhaler, Methimazole, Flonase, Propranolol, Flexeril, Zofran.

Any questions just ask :)

"I've learned so much from my mistakes, I think I'll make a few more."

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.