Photo

I want to know if any one else has these kinds of seizures.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KaneDaDon

KaneDaDon

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

first off sorry for my spelling and or grammar lol i suck at it .

But when i was small my mom said i had a high fever and i had a seizure then dont know if that could be why i have them or not just thought i would say that. But any way i had seizures for a while now i think since i was 14 or so first it would be that if i eate to mutch i would feel dizzy and puke then black out and have a seizure. As i got older i started to feel just dizzy but no puking then i would have them i have injured my self mutiple times because i would feel dizzy and then i would want to let my parents know and on my way their i would black out i have hit my head on the tile a few times. Another time i was watching a movie and i had like a deja vu feeling like i am not sure if it was a deja vu but it feels like i jump out of my bodie and am i in a different reality then all of sudden i come back and start to feel dizzy well that day i felt that way and i went to the bathroom and i blacked out then i woke up to find  a puddle of blood on the floor i guess i fell on the plastic trash can and cut the top left side of my head and it was bleeding. well i guess my friend found me like that so i went to the hospital and got stiches. i think from then on i was seening a neuro they did all the test and everything.

To tell me they dont know what causes it they just gave me medicine carbotrol i think thats how you spell it not sure its been a long time since i been to a neuro and taken that med but i took it for a while but after that i couldnt afford that med it was about 100 a bottle then not sure how mutch it is now but it seemed to me i had more seizures on it then off it they were more frequent well once i stopped the seizures were less frequent. it would be a couple of years before i would have one instead of months but just recently i had one it was the same thing. i have the out of body feeling like i am somewere else and then i come back and things feel kinda familliar like i have done it before then i would start to feel dizzy but recently i been able to stop it be fore the seizure i splash cold water on my face and close my eyes but their are times like i feel to give up and went it goes further the whole room starts to spinn then my head tries to turn in the direction of the spinning and i cant seem to keep it straight all that is happening wen i am consiouse when i get to that stage i know i am going to have a seizure before i really didnt care if i had one or not but now i do since my dad past way in jan of  2012 they said he had a seizure while he was asleep and his heart stopped. The thing is i didnt know he had seizures he was a diabetic,he had a pace maker, but what happend is that his brain was with out oxygen for to long and he went into a coma and when they tried to take him off the breathing machine he couldnt breath by himself and he passed. I just want to know if any can give me a defenet answer to what type of seizures i could be having. they are not caused by flashing lights

1. i get a like deja vu feeling or out of bodie feeling like i was some were else then i feel like i have done what ever i was doing before

2. i get a dizzy , confused feeling

3. the roon starts to spin

4. then i black out

5. then i have the seizures

#2 LunaRufina

LunaRufina

Creating and embracing drama since 2004.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 4377 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

Hi!

Ok, so I really want to give you some detailed information about what you posted, but my brain isn't really braining right now and to give you some solid info, I need the brain to work.  In the meantime, check out epilepsy.com.

They are a fabulous resource with a chat, forums, and blogs and lots of friendly helpful people. I have been there many times myself and highly recommend it.

"...what you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway.

People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
Help people anyway.

Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you have anyway.”

― Kent M. Keith, The Silent Revolution: Dynamic Leadership in the Student Council"

Midway

#3 notfred

notfred

• Pip
  • 2426 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

Unfortunately only medical people can give tell what kind of seizures you have, but not over an Internet board.

Edited by notfred, 21 January 2013 - 12:19 AM.

#4 LunaRufina

LunaRufina

Creating and embracing drama since 2004.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 4377 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

So, please note I was not preparing to diagnose. 

KTHNXBYE

"...what you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway.

People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
Help people anyway.

Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you have anyway.”

― Kent M. Keith, The Silent Revolution: Dynamic Leadership in the Student Council"

Midway

#5 KaneDaDon

KaneDaDon

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

i know just wondering if any one had the same thing i havent been to a neuro for a long time probably over 15yrs and they couldnt tell me then what i had all they said was i had epilepsy and gave me carbitrol as my meds but i felt like i had more seizures with the carbitrol but i stopped it and also i couldnt afford it it was costing me 100 dollars a month on minimum wage i didnt have enought and that med wasnt covered by my insurance i had so i had to stop and i havent taken any meds since ..

#6 crtclms

crtclms

Queen of Ergots

• Inmate
  • 9119 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

You are having the type and severity of seizure that makes it imperative that you see a neurologist. There is no way to attribute them to one thing or another, without discussing it with a Dr, and attribution may still be difficult. Seizures are extremely complex, and can manifest in a zillion bizarre ways that you (and I) never thought of.

Not being treated for seizures could be bad news, especially if you are losing consciousness.

Tell your doctor that you don't believe carbamenzapine/tegretol helped you, and why you think that. A lot of new seizure medications have become available in the last 15 years.

Dx: Bipolar 1; GAD; Migraine w/ Aura; Migraine w/o Aura; Renal Tubular Acidosis (caused by Zonegran); Status Migrainosus
Rx: Alprazolam; Botox; Buproprion; Dihydroergotomine via IV Infusion; Flexeril; Lamotrigine; Latuda; Lithium; Metoclopramide; Midrin; Migranal; Potassium Citrate; Prilosec; Promethazine; Riboflavin; Tizanidine; Verapamil; Vitamin D3
Currently Shelved: Abilify; Amerge; Anaprox; Atenolol; Buspar; Cafergot; Cymbalta; Depakote; Di-Hydro-ergotamine, injected; Gabapentin; Geodon; Imitrex Tablets; Klonopin; Maxalt; Namenda; Nortriptyline; Norvasc; Propranolol; Prozac; Risperidone; Relpax; Sansert; Sumatriptan injectables; Tegretol; Trazadone; Zoloft; Zolpidem; Zomig; Zonegran

Affectations can be dangerous. -Gertrude Stein

I moderate Bipolar, Panic/Anxiety, Dissociative Disorders, Migraine, Seizures, Not Otherwise Specified, Anticonvulsants, Side Effects, Family Feud, and I Still Have Issues. Remember, I am not a medical professional. PM me if you have any questions

#7 dumdum

dumdum

• Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

Yippers. See a neuro. Or 2. I had my FIRST tonic-clonic (Grand Mal) seizure as an infant (5 mos. old) no high fever, went on phenobarb. til about 5 yrs. old, taken off pheno, and everything was cool, I think,  until my almost 43rd b-day, went to my PCP as I was sick of the nausea and insomnia. confusion and left arm shaking for no reason and KaPloooyee!  Had a "full-blown Grand Mal" (as he wrote in his notes) right there in his exam room. He freaked. didn't know what to do. Called an ambulance. dumbass.

Went home the same day and the ER doc gave me the name of the Neuro. in charge, plus he gave me a script for Dilantin. Saw the neuro. who prescribed an EEG, MRI and that was it. He went on vacation to Libya for 6 wks. I never knew my MRI and EEG were abnormal until nearly 2 months after the initial 'incident." --including a small stroke.

niiiice.

Anyway, enough about me. You should see a good neuro. If you're not happy w/him or her, don't be ashamed about moving along. Since seeing my 'second guy' things have changed, I guess, for the better. Sure, I'm a med magnet, but I can at least recognize where I am most times

So here's something to keep in mind...

Taking AEDs is like going to a State Fair and eating the food they serve. You think the corndogs smell so good so you eat two. Have to run to the bathroom the next day. That could be Carbratal, which was my corndog. Still have 1/2 a bottle of those pills from hell left if anyone wants them.

Or how bout that fried dough served at every corner at the State Fair? yummie. Eat one, go home, suddenly you feel so dizzy, you have to sit down for awhile. That's how Keppra makes you feel, especially at 3,000 mgs. per day.

MMMMM, I  love Cotton Candy. Eat the whole the thing and get that sugar rush so bad it's like you drank 5 Coca-Colas. That's my Lamictal. Buzzing and banging off the walls. 

Side effects. fun. But they help your brain

snicker.

There are Sooooo many AEDs you can experiment with and could find a drug that works and you'll thank GOD you've stumbled upon it and give thanks to your body and your diligence in finding an AED that is going to work for you and your silly brain.

Then you can actually get off the roller coaster, grab one of those water pistols and squirt it til your little animal or racecar reaches the top and you win a stuffed monkey or frog. 

Worth about $1.59.

The the price of you feeling better?   Priceless. 

Best wishes!

And be happy,.

Edited by dumdum, 19 February 2013 - 01:07 AM.

Outta nowhere, Hallo! Grand Mal seizure-10/2005. DX Temporal Lobe Epilepsy--What the crap is up with that?

My Braincandy; Keppra 3,000mgs/Lamictal XR 300 mgs./Topamax 300 mgs., Effexor 150 mgs.; the occasional Ativan (0.5 mgs) when the complex partial seizures just won't friggin STOP & I don't feel like goin' all Grand Mal. Malls suck. I hate shopping.

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.