• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 dogshitsundae

dogshitsundae

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:06 AM

Use none. 
Virus protection softwares are nothing but bloatware that bog your computer down.

#22 Manic Maverick

Manic Maverick

• Pip
  • 285 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

Use none. 
Virus protection softwares are nothing but bloatware that bog your computer down.

Browsing bareback, brave  :P

#23 Velvet Elvis

Velvet Elvis

The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering.

• Admin
  • 13032 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

Use none. 

This is a bad idea.

Norton and McAffee are mostly bloat for sure but Avast! and MSE have very little bloat to them.  Most systems that get bloated get that way due to malware, not security apps. 

De-gnosis: ADD, recurrent depression (or maybe bpII in the guise of such), Asperger's, OCD, social anxiety
Today's Pill Menu: Dexedrine, Wellbutrin (Budeprion), Strattera, Celexa, Risperdal, and clonazepam

Like other moderators and staff of crazyboards.org, I am not a health care professional. You have no way of knowing that I am not talking out my ass. Please do your own homework before making any health related decisions.

Buy me Stuff: Amazon Wishlist

#24 Manic Maverick

Manic Maverick

• Pip
  • 285 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

Use none. 

This is a bad idea.

Norton and McAffee are mostly bloat for sure but Avast! and MSE have very little bloat to them.  Most systems that get bloated get that way due to malware, not security apps. 

This.

People who say they are fine without AV probably just don't know they're infected. Most viruses these days stay hidden so they can use your computer for a botnet or something.

#25 saveyoursanity

saveyoursanity

Sister Hand Grenade of Enlightened Compassion

• Inmate
  • 2155 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

I was fine without AV for 14 years.  Now I run one and have for the last 2 years, though I haven't found a damn thing.

It's really just an illusion of security in my mind, but eh, why not have that illusion?

CAPS LOCK IS HOW I FEEL INSIDE ALL THE TIME.

"There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution."

Dx and Psych Rx in profile.

I am NOT a medical professional, merely experienced from a consumer perspective.
I strongly urge fact checking with your own research and consulting an actual medical professional.

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.