A question on adderall

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 NEWcastle212

NEWcastle212

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

I've been taking it for 5 days now and it's had no effects. Does it take awhile to work for some people? I'm taking adderall xr 30mg twice a day

Current meds: Lamictal 400mg Lithium er 450mg Lexapro 40mg Risperdal 1mg

Bi-polar II, OCD, ADD(inattentive), social anxiety

#2 sonicwhite

sonicwhite

The great unknown

• Pip
  • 1112 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

No, you should atleast feel something. Ummm how much do you take?

Diagnosed Drug Induced Psychosis...ADHD.....OCD.....Cannibas Psychotic Disorder..GAD.....Major Depression disorder-recurrent...Severe, Bipolar I....Migraines, Cluster headaches.... .

Gabapentin...600 mg once a day....Effexor XR 75 mg.....Risperdal...4 mg..... clonazepam 1 mg twice daily. Seroquel 200 mg once at night.....Prilosec 20 mg in the morning......Inderal 60 mg ER one in the morning. Remeron 45 mg once at night. Naratriptan 2.5 PRN .....Lyrica 75 mg 3x daily....Paxil 40 mg....Prazosin 2 mg......

The sun is a round window into the city of gold.

#3 mambo_kT

mambo_kT

Mambo

• Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

It should work within an hour. You should talk to your pdoc.

Current Labels: Bipolar I w/psychotic features, ADHD inattentive type
Current Meds: Depakote 500mg, Latuda 40mg, Adderall 0-40mg

Past Labels (in the order they were DX'ed): Depression, Bipolar II, Bipolar I, Schizoaffective-type Bipolar
Past Meds (in the order they were stopped): Lexapro, Zoloft, Celexa, Seroquel, Trazodone, Lamictal, Welbutrin, Effexor XR, Abilify

#4 Mirazh

Mirazh

If I leave my grin behind, remind me that we're all mad here and it's okay.

• Inmate
  • 2374 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

Moved thread to the stimulants forum.

By 'no effect,' what do you mean? What sort of effect are you looking for?

I get the brain-quieting when my stim kicks in, but I don't always *notice* that, because my brain is quieter and I am more able to focus.

Otherwise I notice very little, if anything. When I was on generic Concerta instead of brand name, I noticed a few physical effects when it first kicked in. But not on brand name.

Important Info: Neighbourhood punkicorn and emogoff; definitely not a doctor.  A crazy like the rest of you -- user first and moderator second.  For understanding, extended thanks.  Further info is on my profile.  Also on my Moderator Intro Post.

Pronouns (to eliminate confusion) :  ne / nem / nir / nemself

tumblr_inline_n7dsmwRe2n1rghkw5.png

#5 owly

owly

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

Have you noticed any other side effects like a decreased appetite?

Diagnosis: Bipolar I

Current Meds: Adderall XR (20 mg), Abilify (30 mg), Lamictal (400 mg), fish oil

#6 koali777

koali777

• Pip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

Are you taking it with anything acidic like juice, certain fruits, or other highly acidic foods? Acidic things always make it not work as well for me...usually I take it and don't eat for 2 hours.

My "Issues": Bipolar I with psychotic features; type 1 diabetes

My meds: Zyprexa- 10 mg twice daily; Lithium- 900 mg at night; Trileptal- 600 mg twice daily; Wellbutrin- 450 mg daily; Ritalin- 10 mg twice daily; Xanax- 0.25 mg PRN; insulin pump

Past antidepressants: Celexa, Zoloft, Lexapro, Pristiq, Nortriptyline, Wellbutrin SR

Past antipsychotics: Risperdal, Abilify, Seroquel, Geodon, Saphris, Latuda, Invega

Past anti-anxiety meds: Klonopin, Vistaril

Past ADD meds: Vyvanse, Strattera, Adderall XR, Adderall IR

Past sleep meds: Rozerem, Benadryl, Ambien, Restoril, Trazodone

#7 Mirazh

Mirazh

If I leave my grin behind, remind me that we're all mad here and it's okay.

• Inmate
  • 2374 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

Acidic in general is good to avoid for about an hour before and after taking a stimulant. Citric acid, especially.

Important Info: Neighbourhood punkicorn and emogoff; definitely not a doctor.  A crazy like the rest of you -- user first and moderator second.  For understanding, extended thanks.  Further info is on my profile.  Also on my Moderator Intro Post.

Pronouns (to eliminate confusion) :  ne / nem / nir / nemself

tumblr_inline_n7dsmwRe2n1rghkw5.png

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.