Photo

I need a diagnosis not piece of useless paper!

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 Wonderful.Cheese

Wonderful.Cheese

Cheddar makes everything better!

• Pip
  • 2638 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

Wow I just read through your thread! I can't believe you are going through so much awful things! I'm so sorry.

I hope the seroquel and the lithium kick in and soon at that! I know seroquel helped me a lot with sleep.

Schizoaffective Bipolar Disorder Type and GAD and OCD and Insomnia (unspecified)

Abilify 30mg, venlafaxine ER 225mg, lunesta 3mg prn, clonazepam 1.5mg, lamotrigine 250mg, seroquel 700mg

#42 lost_girl

lost_girl

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

The seroquel didn't do stuff all for me last night, still awake well after 3am. Took 100mg at 10pm, made me a bit drowsy but not enough to actually knock me out. When I finally did fall asleep I was in this half awake half asleep state for most of the night. By 12pm my partner was waking me up to take my other pills, I just feel straight back asleep and didn't wake up again til 3pm.

So it sort of works, but not how it should be working. I don't want to be sleeping all day, I want to be sleeping all night! I'm of course going to give the meds a chance to work, but in the meantime I feel still very much on edge. 

#43 bluelikejazz

bluelikejazz

• Inmate
  • 2581 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

I'd try taking the seroquel much earlier, about 6pm and see how you go. 

PMDD, PTSD and MDD.

rx: Amitryptaline 125mg Seroquel XR 100mg, Lithium 750mg.

I'm not a mental health professional but I am a pretty awesome amateur (talk to an actual pro rather than taking my advice)

#44 mcjimjam

mcjimjam

• Pip
  • 1429 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

I second taking it earlier, especially if it's XR. When I took it, it said 6-7pm on the label. 

Dx: BP2, ADD, anxiety
Rx: Lithium 1250mg (0.9mEq/L)
, Cymbalta 120mg, Concerta 36mg, Remeron 15mg, Inderal 10mg, Valium 10-20mg

#45 lost_girl

lost_girl

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

Thanks for the tips, I've find if I take it before 7pm it works, any later than 8pm and it doesn't do a thing. 

Woke up to more bad shit today. Got a call from my tdocs office to say Medicare are refusing to approve my mental health plan (allows me 10 free sessions). Apparently I already have one and that's the one they need not the one I was given two weeks ago. Problem is I don't already have one, Medicare tell me it's a code that has been entered incorrectly probably on my GP's part. They say don't worry about it, there's nothing I can do. They have to sort this out with my GP and my tdoc. So now I don't know if I'm even going to be able to go to my 2nd appointment on Friday. I really like this tdoc. 

We've been waiting for this organisation that helps families to get back to us. My partner called them today to be told that they refuse to do anything for us and have referred the case onto child services instead. So now I have the looming threat of my children being taken away.

Then there's the whole friend issue again. Basically there's been a lot of harsh words said on FB, and I honestly don't think I have any friends left. Basically I posted about how I'm sick of being the friend of convenience etc. Then of course it gets turned all around on me, how I'm the bad friend and don't know anything that is going on. I'm accused of not telling them stuff but they shut me out just as bad. Too bad they can't see that. If I don't know shit it's because no one confides in me because I'm the convenience friend. I've always been there and willing to help my friends when they need. Yet this seems to be forgotten and I get pushed aside when there are any catch ups, dinners, etc I shouldn't have to beg for an invitation. I deleted them all back in September to see if anyone would make an effort to contact me. No one did. I'd made plans for a fun beauty day and every single person cancelled on me at the last minute. That really hurt and so did all the other times plans were cancelled last minute. I understand life happens, but why leave it to the last minute to cancel. So that left me feeling like my friends aren't really my friends because they simply can't be bothered hanging out with me.

So many times I've gone to write messages to these friends only to delete them. Why? because I felt  that even if they did read them they wouldn't care. The fear of being rejected keeps me from reaching out to people most of the time.Last time I checked friendship was a two way street, maybe my friendship has been lacking lately, but it's because the weight of everything that I'm going through is too much to bear. I had to leave the room the other week because I was getting so distressed about a close friends own issues. I can barely deal with my own, let alone anyone elses. I suspect it's the same for my friends so I try not to burden them with what's going on in my life. 

I've always had issues making female friendships work, that's nothing new. It's the constant fear of rejection and that fact that I don't see myself as worthy that makes things so difficult. I just wish that they'd realise that all I want is for them to pick up the phone and call me, make the first move. People just don't understand how hard it is for me to trust people or even keep lasting friendships. The paranoia that all you friends are talking about you behind your back (I know they are at the momemnt, but meh) is crippling, I never know who to trust or how to act in front of people. EVERYTHING you see on the outside is a facade I've erected to try and protect myself from being hurt, and to pretend that I"m normal and fit in. 

To be told that I'm the crappy friend and that I have no idea whats going on is to be honest, really hypocritical. I have been there when shits been down, even when I've been kicked in the face for doing it such as the whole pedo incident. Sometimes I just know when someone is 'wrong' or 'bad', it's just a shame no one listens or believes me. In 30 years my gut instincts about people have never failed me. Despite this I keep giving people chances, I let them in, and them I'm hurt. It's pretty hard for me to trust anyone, after being hurt so many times. 

I'm hoping that the lack of suicidal thoughts means that the lithium is stating to work, maybe it's just because I really thought I was going to get help to get better. But it seems I'm on my own in all of that. I can't see anything good coming out of this evening. My whole family is suffering and there is nothing I can do about it. I feel so helpless like this mental illness is controlling my life. I'm not functioning as a human being, my body is here so is my voice, but my mind is trapped in this dark whole. I can't concentrate on anything, I can't do the work I used to love. I sleep all stay and stay awake all night. I've had to quit pot cold turkey and the withdrawals combined with the flu and totally draining my body. Most days I can barely stand because of the Effexor withdrawals and the effects of the seroquel. I can't drive anywhere at the moment or walk far, so I'm pretty much house bound. I can't even drag myself outside for a ciggarette and a bit of sun. Plus there's the money aspect. Later this week I have to somehow get to this church to collect packaged frozen food to feel the family until next payday. 

#46 Guest_Vapourware_*

Guest_Vapourware_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

If this helps, child protection in Australia aren't focused on taking your children away. Yes it is part of what they do, but it's a measure of last resort. Very last resort. They generally work with you to help you with your children, and to find resources for you. They're not going to just yank your children away. Besides, taking children away tends to be pretty protracted legally, because of the ramifications. 

#47 Likeabowlof0ranges

Likeabowlof0ranges

• Pip
  • 729 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

I work with kids who have been taken away and yeah echoing vape, those parents where pretty much monsters. Like abusive, clearly not in their right minds and with no love or compassion for the kids. You love your kids. Your doing the best that you can. If you didn't care you wouldn't go get food. I hope the mix up with the medicare is sorted, I've never heard of that before, but stuff ups happen I suppose, GP's are under a lot of stress to keep visits as short as possible.

I'm sorry about your friends. I'm not too great at female friendships either, I just don't know what to say to them. IF they're worth it, they'll come around. Cliche'd but true. I'd probably offer out one last message, stating your willing to work on issues and will be around if they want to.

The lithium might take weeks for a full effect to be felt. Don't give up hope of feeling better. Withdrawals of psych meds are usually sucky. Did you titrate down?

Bipolar Disorder I, generalised anxiety disorder, social anxiety, somewhere on the aspergers/autism spectrum, non - verbal learning disorder, EDNOS
Current Meds: Seroquel 650 mg, Lamicital 350mg, Ativan 3mg, Abilify 10mg, Temazepam 30mg, Klonopin PRN <p>Previous Meds: Lithium, Zoloft, Lexapro, Prozac, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Pristiq

#48 lost_girl

lost_girl

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

Thanks Oranges.

No I've gone cold turkey as there were causing episodes at an alarming rate. It's better during the day but at night, the head spins whenever I move are still there. 

I'm pretty much giving up on friendships, I don't really need to be reading a long post about how I'm the bad person and the terrible friend. I'd delete FB for good right now if it wasn't for the fact I use it for school. So much for friends...when one is really down you don't have to keep kicking them.

#49 lost_girl

lost_girl

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

My tdoc just called to say don't worry about the medicare thing, he'll sort it out. I was in tears when he called over all this other stuff that's going on. Fuck it all to hell, sometimes it would be just easier to loose it and go on a killing spree

#50 lost_girl

lost_girl

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

Can't sleep again, I swear these seroquel are having the opposite effect on me. I even took tonight's dose at 7pm. After only a couple of hours sleep the night before I should be fast asleep by now. I think the events of today have gotten me really worked up. Thinking I should maybe go start a new thread over in the BP section.

#51 mcjimjam

mcjimjam

• Pip
  • 1429 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

When I took Seroquel, I found I needed 200mg to sleep, and it had to be immediate-release. 

Dx: BP2, ADD, anxiety
Rx: Lithium 1250mg (0.9mEq/L)
, Cymbalta 120mg, Concerta 36mg, Remeron 15mg, Inderal 10mg, Valium 10-20mg

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.