Look who still has issues

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bluechick

bluechick

• Pip
  • 1161 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

When I was in my professional fuck-up days and faced some pretty serious shit I heard a whole lot of "Mrs. Bluehick" this and "Mrs. Bluechick" that.  Like, "Mrs. Bluechick, how do you plead?" kind of stuff.  It was horrible.  I now have everyone address me by my first name.  Everyone at work.  All my contacts at work.  All our clients.  EVERYONE! 

The professional fuck-up shit is behind me now and I thought I was healing and kind of over it.

So today I got a phone call from and attorney who was responding to a letter I SENT HIM.  He got on the phone and said, "Mrs. Bluechick, this is attorney John Something."  And then there was a long pause which felt like an eternity and he finally said that he was responding to my letter.  Holy shit!  My heart almost pounded through my chest. Did he have to pause so long?  I thought I was in trouble again!  But this time I hadn't done anything!

Looks like I still have some residual issues there.  Oy.

Dx: Bipolar Disorder I, ADD, BDD
Rx: Lamictal 300mg; Wellbutrin 300mg: Celexa 40mg
FAIL: Lithium; Geodon. Abilify

#2 writehellarandomshiny

writehellarandomshiny

"You are the little f-n engine that could" - Unstrung Harp

• Pip
  • 1534 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

Totally understand. I have everyone call me by a a work nickname I made up because it helps keep my work and personal life separate. Might be good to bring up to a tdoc (assuming you have one), about how this made you feel.

There are some cases where I feel like I'm getting in trouble, too. Thankfully, most of the time I haven't done anything wrong. The darn anxiety just kicks in early.

<><>One of the best moments in life is when you find the courage to let go of the things you can't change.

<> I AM A SURVIVOR <>

----Always forgive your enemies; nothing upsets them more-----

Diagnoses: ADHD, Mood Disorder NOS, Generalized Panic Disorder Without Agoraphobia 

Meds: Ambien 10mg, Zoloft 25mg, celexa 40mg, Snythroid 75mg, adderrall 30mg, Visitril 25mg prn 

#3 scatty

scatty

The only way out is through.

• Pip
  • 3955 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

Just wait until you get older and they just address you as ma'am.  I wish I was Mrs. so and so.  Just ma'am now.

Dx:
Bipolar I & Anxiety.  Self diagnosed cunt.

My New (old) Meds: (previously these kept me the most stable)
Lithium ER 1350 mgs.
Lamictal 200 mgs.

Klonopin 2 mgs.

Practicing CBT, DBT, and ACT self-help therapy.

Crazy since the 80's!

#4 bluechick

bluechick

• Pip
  • 1161 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

Oh I get ma'am too.  It's like nails on a chalkboard.

Dx: Bipolar Disorder I, ADD, BDD
Rx: Lamictal 300mg; Wellbutrin 300mg: Celexa 40mg
FAIL: Lithium; Geodon. Abilify

#5 melissaw72

melissaw72

My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash and it's gone.

• Pip
  • 18222 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

What about when you are 40, and someone calls you "sweetie."

Current Psychiatric Dxs ... Schizoaffective, bipolar type; Anxiety disorder, PTSD, agoraphobia

Also recovered Anorexic/Bulimic finally after 20 years.

Current meds: Provigil, Klonopin, Xanax, Naltrexone, Wellbutrin SR, Abilify, Lamictal, Prozac, Lansoprazole, Linzess, QVAR inhaler, Xopenex inhaler, Methimazole, Flonase, Propranolol, Flexeril, Zofran.

Any questions just ask :)

"I've learned so much from my mistakes, I think I'll make a few more."

#6 saveyoursanity

saveyoursanity

Sister Hand Grenade of Enlightened Compassion

• Inmate
  • 2092 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

You don't have to be old to get ma'am...  I get ma'am all the time.  I'M NOT EVEN THIRTY YET.  GODDAMN.

CAPS LOCK IS HOW I FEEL INSIDE ALL THE TIME.

"There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution."

Dx and Psych Rx in profile.

I am NOT a medical professional, merely experienced from a consumer perspective.
I strongly urge fact checking with your own research and consulting an actual medical professional.

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.