#1 confused

confused

bundle of nerves

• Inmate Emeritus
  • Pip
  • 3161 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

http://www.huffingto..._b_2546252.html

I could relate to a lot of this.  My brother didn't commit suicide, but he died in a hiking accident.  He had changed so much because of mental illness.  Sometimes I feel guilty because I'm doing well and he didn't have this chance. I talk in places where I feel safe, but I don't discuss my diagnosis when I'm not sure how it will be received.

schizoaffective bipolar type, social anxiety, depersonalization disorder
abilify, lamictal, lexapro, wellbutrin, seroquel

It just may be a lunatic you're looking for

Billy Joel

http://psychcentral....isorder/0001564

#2 WinglessFaery

WinglessFaery

• Pip
  • 424 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Im so sorry about your brother. This article is amazing and inspiring and its just what I needed too read after reading so much demonizing the mentally ill lately. Im out about my MI and havent really ever not been though I completely.understand why so many arent. Maybe alll the demonization will be a blessing in disguise and get people with MI, there familys, and mental health doctors too tell theres stories, get the statitics out and in the end make more MI people feel inpowered. Thank you for sharing this.

Edited by WinglessFaery, 30 January 2013 - 09:13 PM.

Dx BP I Rapid Cycling, GAD, Social Phobia, Panic Disorder,PCOS

Rx lamictal 300 mg, Busprone 60 mg, Lithium 1000 mg, Vistaril 50 mg ( which doesnt do squat),Metformin 2000 mg

Previous Rx zoloft, prozac, lexapro,seraquel, depakote, xannax, ambien, trazadone, abilify, cymbalta

<p>[color=#40e0d0]Mental Illness is a flaw in chemistry not character.[/color

#3 water

water

that's as maybe

• Pip
  • 5168 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

I'm so sorry about your brother confused.  Toss the guilt, your brother is here still in your heart saying Bravo!

Thank you for sharing the article.  It;s wonderful! (I am going to steal the ABC idea for a thread.  I am avoiding bedtime.)

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

aplenzin 522, lexapro 20, xanax 5 prn, valium 5 prn

Sensitive dependance on initial conditions
Small disturbances, big repercussions
We are all so vulnerable.

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.