Lamictal and Invega

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chickencaesarwrap

chickencaesarwrap

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

Anyone on this combination for bipolar? This seems like the only thing that has worked for me and I've been on plenty of other mood stabilizers (lithium, tegrital, risperdal, abilify, seroquel and haldol). Just wondering if anyone else is having success with this combination. Also, is anyone else suffering from sleepiness during the day from the invega and insomnia at night from the lamictal? (perfect....)

Bipolar - Mixed State

Prozac - 60mg

Keppra - 1000mg

Zyprexa - 10mg

Provigal - 200mg

Valium - 20mg

Xanax - 4mg

#2 ducky

ducky

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

I am on this combo. I'm on low dosages though because I just switched to this recently. I don't know if the invega is doing anything at the dosage I'm on. I know every time I've increased my lamictal I've seen a difference in my depressive symptoms. 

I take them both at night. I've always had trouble sleeping so I don't know if it's from the meds. 

Biploar, borderline personality, panic disorder, PTSD

Meds: 100mgs lamictal, 1.5mgs invega, 1mg klonopin up to 3x a day as needed

#3 mcjimjam

mcjimjam

• Pip
  • 1406 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

What time of day do you take your meds?

Dx: BP2, ADD, anxiety
Rx: Lithium 1250mg (0.9mEq/L)
, Cymbalta 120mg, Concerta 36mg, Remeron 15mg, Inderal 10mg, Valium 10-20mg

#4 chickencaesarwrap

chickencaesarwrap

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

My doc insists that I take Invega in the morning and Lamictal at night. Its obviously counter intuitive given the side effects, and he knows that I'm having this side effect but swears its better this way. I would love to convince him to switch them.

Bipolar - Mixed State

Prozac - 60mg

Keppra - 1000mg

Zyprexa - 10mg

Provigal - 200mg

Valium - 20mg

Xanax - 4mg

#5 mcjimjam

mcjimjam

• Pip
  • 1406 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

Hmm well the manufacturer of Invega does say to take it in the morning. I'm not sure why that is. Hopefully, assuming you started it fairly recently, you'll become more tolerant to the sedation from it. Lamictal, AFAIK, can be taken in the morning, unless there's an interaction with Invega I'm not aware of. I would ask pdoc why you can't take them both in the morning. Again, insomnia from Lamictal is usually transient and should pass with time. It's especially bad while you're titrating up.

Dx: BP2, ADD, anxiety
Rx: Lithium 1250mg (0.9mEq/L)
, Cymbalta 120mg, Concerta 36mg, Remeron 15mg, Inderal 10mg, Valium 10-20mg

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.